Recommendations Thread

Goto page Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 101102103  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Cymro2011 wrote:
Can someone rec me something similar to this?


these are all kind of similar, and all amazing


Little Hells by Marissa Nadler


Moon Pix by Cat Power


Floating Into The Night by Julee Cruise
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
Cymro2011 wrote:
Can someone rec me something similar to this?


Whiskey For The Holy Ghost by Mark Lanegan


Ballad Of The Broken Seas by Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
  • Quote
Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
"Drink beer, smoke pot, and create something that will storm heaven. That's all I ever really cared about." - Ron House
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:

Little Hells by Marissa Nadler


Moon Pix by Cat Power


These were two of the first things that popped into my mind. Stina Nordenstam is a great shout as well.

Anyway, outside of obvious choices like Beach House and Galaxie 500, I'd probably recommend:


Loved by Cranes
(or Forever, very good too)


Blonder Tongue Audio Baton by Swirlies


By The Hedge by Minks

Anything you can find by Sugarplum Fairies, but particularly Chinese Leftovers (sample here).

None of these are perfect recommendations by any means. For a band with such an ostensibly simple, classic sound, you'd think there'd be more that sounds like Mazzy Star. The closest in sound of these four is probably Sugarplum Fairies, though my favourites are the first two.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
What are some great gay albums?
  • Quote
brun027 wrote:
What are some great gay albums?


I think these might fit the bill...


Wonderland by Erasure


Actually by Pet Shop Boys


Scissor Sisters by Scissor Sisters
  • Quote
brun027 wrote:
What are some great gay albums?


You mean like, gay activist albums? Or albums by gay people? Anyway, these sort of fit both so


The Smell Of Our Own by The Hidden Cameras


Get Lost by The Magnetic Fields


Link
  • Quote
Please recommand me some beautiful chamber music (especially for the night time)
_________________
If you're feeling sinister, Go off and Listen to Indie Pop
  • Quote
SingingPeasant96 wrote:
Please recommand me some beautiful chamber music (especially for the night time)

Mozart's or Beethoven's (early) string quartets will do.
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote
Feeling melancholy. Sort of sadly, dispassionately alone. I'm kind of feeling the way I felt on Saturday nights when I was 16, and I had no one I wanted to be with.

So... I'm listening to a lot of these 2 albums.


American Football by American Football

And


Plans by Death Cab For Cutie

Very different albums. But both indie rock sounding tug on my meloncholic heart strings type records.

Anyone have any albums like these that are good to great that you'd rec?
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 293031 ... 101102103  Next
Page 30 of 103


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The Tournaments Forum Suggestions Thread Guest Tournaments
New Recommendations Thread RockyRaccoon Music
Recommendations Thread 2.0 KitchenSink Music
Funk album recommendations? Revolution909 Music
Most unfamiliar with 87, 88 and 89. R... ExTeaSea Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.