[Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Russell Lissack vs. Baden P.

View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which guitarist?
Russell Lissack:
0%
 0%  [0]
Baden Powell:
100%
 100%  [17]
Total Votes : 17

  • Quote
Russell Lissack (of Bloc Party)

Nominated by benpaco




vs.


Baden Powell

Nominated by brun027


_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums


Last edited by RockyRaccoon on 09/11/2014 21:31; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
The poor teenager on the top picture is going to take a beating. Hope he gets over it, he looks fragile and sensitive. Anyway, Baden Powell.
  • Quote
Russell Lissack is a decent enough guitarist. I like him. He has nothing on Baden Powell, though.
_________________
  • Quote

Link


Most impressive here is Powell's ability to hang onto his cigarette while plucking these fluttering strings.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
OK, I'm not going to contest who's the better guitarist here (it's Chance Waters all over again), though I'd hope this at least led people to check out some of Lissack's stuff. Very different style, if you couldn't guess, but he and Okereke just have a great talent for playing off of each other, and he can just make some stuff so incredibly effortless. I don't know if anyone here's ever tried to play the guitar part to Helicopter, but christ, it's like a tongue twister on your fingers, and he just doesn't bat an eyelid:


Link


He's got some breadth too, here doing an acoustic version of both guitar parts and the bass part for This Modern Love all at once:


Link


Perhaps my favorite thing about Lissack are his guitars, which are often covered in Pokemon stickers. His coolest guitar, though, I'll leave in this last video:


Link


He installed a children's toy into a custom Telecaster next to the pickup, which he can activate from the scratchplate, and then makes what wikipedia calls a "futuristic sound effect", but is really just one of a few bizarre sorts of sci-fi noises.

Anyways, voting Powell, but I hope someone at least heard some Bloc Party for the first time cuz of the nomination.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
Baden
  • Quote
Baden Powell wins

17-0
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Tony Io... RockyRaccoon Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Ian Wil... RockyRaccoon Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Jimmy P... RockyRaccoon Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Ry Cood... RockyRaccoon Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: Django ... RockyRaccoon Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.