Weak years (for you)

Goto page Previous  1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
StreetSpirit wrote:
2009 was just disappointing to me because so many bands I follow released material that year I simply didn't like...Weezer, Foo Fighters, DMB, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Green Day. Of course, they're all '90s bands past their prime. But I listened to albums by newer bands as well. I listened to the '09 albums from Mumford, Phoenix, and Silversun Pickups. I tried, but couldn't get into any of them. The only albums I can think from that year I like are The Resistance and Horehound.

Here's some 2009 albums that I think are great and think that they would resonate well with you to:


Hospice by The Antlers


Primary Colours by The Horrors


Veckatimest by Grizzly Bear


Lungs by Florence And The Machine


Love Songs For The Chemical Generation by Daniel Land & The Modern Painters


Humbug by Arctic Monkeys


Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective


Embryonic by The Flaming Lips
_________________
  • Quote

Album by Girls

THE 2009 indie rock album
  • Quote
1981 wasn't very good for music
  • Quote
goeie-oko wrote:
1981 wasn't very good for music


and yet all of these incredible records were released that year


Prayers On Fire by The Birthday Party


Songs Of Pain by Daniel Johnston


My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts by Brian Eno & David Byrne


Stands For Decibels by The dB's


Juju by Siouxsie & The Banshees


Computer World by Kraftwerk


Talk Talk Talk by The Psychedelic Furs
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
Honstly I feel like 2014 was a weak year, it had the heights of other years, but I don't think it had the consistancy.
  • Quote
Puncture Repair wrote:
Honstly I feel like 2014 was a weak year, it had the heights of other years, but I don't think it had the consistancy.


How would you base consistency?

For example. I'd imagine it'd be really hard to measure the consistency of 2014 vs 1986 just based on how it's unlikely you'll take as many chances on first listens to albums from 86, since we've had nearly 3 decades to evaluate the records from that year.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
How would you base consistency?

For example. I'd imagine it'd be really hard to measure the consistency of 2014 vs 1986 just based on how it's unlikely you'll take as many chances on first listens to albums from 86, since we've had nearly 3 decades to evaluate the records from that year.


I can't say I have enough synoptic knowledge of last year or the few years before to make the statement objectively, but having explored the top rated albums from a few publications, BEA and RYM as well as a few member's charts here, I can say I enjoyed listening to new music more in 2012 and 2013, and I find myself returning to albums from those years more often.

I can look at my top 10 of 2013 knowing they're all very solid albums in my eyes, whereas my top 10 from 2014 start to feel more awkward even by number 5.
  • Quote
2012 was a meh year for me. Certainly, there are many good albums, and arguably a few future classicsโ€“i.e. good kid, m.A.A.d. city, Lonerism, and Channel Orange. Other than that, I found a lot of it to be pretty forgettable.
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
1586 fucking sucked.
_________________
Romanelli wrote:
We're all fucked, lads.
  • Quote
alelsupreme wrote:
1586 fucking sucked.

dick

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234  Next
Page 2 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Grand Consortium of the Weak Hearted Guest Music
Years You've Heard the Most Albums From Guest Music
What do you think music will be like ... GARY Music
Soundtracks of Your Teen Years Xygni1 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.