Grudge Match I: Pearl Jam vs. Nirvana

Goto page Previous  123
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which album do you listen to most?
Nevermind, by Nirvana:
69%
 69%  [23]
Ten, by Pearl Jam:
30%
 30%  [10]
Total Votes : 33

  • Quote
benpaco wrote:

2010's Kind of early to say ... Harry McVeigh or Simon Board I guess?



Just for conversations sake, technically James Blake has a baritone voice. I just don't think he's typically associated with it.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Just for conversations sake, technically James Blake has a baritone voice. I just don't think he's typically associated with it.


I guess that's sort of like Moby, then, he can be baritone, you just don't know him for it. That said ... I'd probably still take McVeigh or Board over him ... ๐Ÿ˜จ
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
I guess that's sort of like Moby, then, he can be baritone, you just don't know him for it. That said ... I'd probably still take McVeigh or Board over him ... 8-[


That's fair enough, I was just pointing it out because of the 10's category, not because of your choices.

I'll be honest, I have no clue who either of your choices are. ๐Ÿคฃ But I'll look them up.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
That's fair enough, I was just pointing it out because of the 10's category, not because of your choices.

I'll be honest, I have no clue who either of your choices are. ๐Ÿคฃ But I'll look them up.


One of them probably won't even pop up, warning ahead of time. Albums for ya:


To Lose My Life by White Lies

McVeigh ^


Das Surf by The French Electric

Board ^

Oh, and since I never answered the question, Nirvana. Just entirely, I didn't really have a childhood love for Pearl Jam or anything like that, just always thought they were eh but not great. Liked Vedder's solo stuff a lot, especially the Into The Wild soundtrack (despite the fact I'm not a fan of the movie), just never all too into Pearl Jam, and don't LOVE Vedder's stuff either. Nirvana just clicks more for me.
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
I can't believe there's an argument about best baritones and Scott Walker hasn't even been mentioned, but Chad Kroeger and the guy from White Lies have been.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
I can't believe there's an argument about best baritones and Scott Walker hasn't even been mentioned, but Chad Kroeger and the guy from White Lies have been.


I've heard 1/2 of 1 song off Soused and had no idea the guy's been around so long. Where should I start in his discog, Mecca?
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
benpaco wrote:
I've heard 1/2 of 1 song off Soused and had no idea the guy's been around so long. Where should I start in his discog, Mecca?


Seems liked everyone has a different Scott Walker preference. I've start early in his career with


Scott 2 by Scott Walker

then skip ahead to The Drift to get a glimpse of the massive creative leap of his career
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:


then skip ahead to The Drift to get a glimpse of the massive creative leap of his career


WHAT.

No no no no.

Scott 4 comes after, then Climate of Hunter, then Tilt. You can't skip those.


Even though his recent output has been spawned out to be about an album a decade, he's been around longer than the Rolling Stones.

He's probably the only relevant artist nowadays that was active in the 50's too.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Scott Walker's Tilt album is rather good ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
I can't believe there's an argument about best baritones and Scott Walker hasn't even been mentioned, but Chad Kroeger and the guy from White Lies have been.


Oh shit you're right, I hadn't even noticed. Yeah, Walker is the best. I also agree that 2 is the best, but Hayden's order makes way more sense.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123
Page 3 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Nirvana vs Pearl Jam Guest Music
Pearl Jam Issue Romanelli Suggestions
Album of the day (#403): Vs. by Pearl... BestEverAlbums Music
Rank all of Pearl Jamโ€™s studio albu... Guest Music
No Code (Pearl Jam album 1996) SnakeMcmillan Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.