You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 858687 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
MORE METAL FOR YOU:


Remedy Lane by Pain Of Salvation

'fraid this wasn't really my jam. Much of the instrumentation towards either side of individual songs was to my liking but there was some kind of quasi-arena-rock/metal/sth vibe going on everywhere else (both in the vocals and dynamics within interludes and the like) that really turned me off... Idk it's definitely worth listening again but unless you think it's something best heard in a certain mindset I probably wont be revisiting in the near future...

edit: though as mentioned elsewhere, "Fandango" was quite enjoyable


looks like you're up next again? Alright another for gowi lemme think...
here's some 2015 stuff

Sintetizzatrice by Anna Caragnano & Donato Dozzy


Last edited by undefined on 04/13/2015 23:40; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

Sintetizzatrice by Anna Caragnano & Donato Dozzy


Some strong vocal performances amidst some ambient soundscapes. There’s a few tracks on this short release that really strike me, but they strike me as pretty wonderful. This was a nice interlude between my listening schedule today and I most certainly appreciate it being shown to me though I’m not sure when I’ll be revisiting this though I feel like it should be soon since tracks like “Luci” and “Fraledune” are really awe-inspiring.

Quote:
dbz



2nd Album by BiS Kaidan
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:

2nd Album by BiS Kaidan

Literal noise pop. Like what I always think "noise pop" should be when I hear the term. It's so much fun in all the least likely ways and I dig it ^_^

back to Gowi! Remember all the Portuguese stuff I play on plug from time to time? Here's some of that:

Amália Rodrigues 1945-1957 (A Alma Do País) by Amália Rodrigues
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
Hold on let me get some harsh noise for you...


The Law Of The Playground by The Boy Least Likely To


This was lovely, though a little on the samey side

For DBZ:

🤔 🤔


Laulu Laakson Kukista by Paavoharju
_________________
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

Anyway, more stuff to send Rocky's way I take it?
hm try dis ere lovely piece o' whatever it is 😄

Timeless by John Abercrombie


Why did I take so long to listen to this album. This may be one of the best jazz fusion albums, or even just jazz albums, that I've ever heard. The guitar, the organ, the whole atmosphere, holy crap what a fantastic album, I love it. Thanks a bunch.


side note: Gowi, did you ever listen to that Rudresh Mahanthrappa album I rec'd you awhile back in this thread? Just curious, no big deal if you haven't.


So I get SuedeSwede?

How about this:


A Northern Meadow by Pyramids
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

Amália Rodrigues 1945-1957 (A Alma Do País) by Amália Rodrigues


Took me some time to even find this to listen to, and I think I might still be missing another disc worth of stuff from it but I will tell you this of what I heard— I liked it quite a bit, gave me the impression that I should be watching some drama piece of El Cid or Zorro, really dense at times but still very airy and of course I think the Iberian languages sound fantastic. That said, I’m not the most experienced in the language or its music. Wouldn’t mind hearing again.

Quote:
rockyraccoon



The Harmonic Passage by Winterage
  • Quote
SuedeSwede wrote:

For DBZ:

🤔 🤔


Laulu Laakson Kukista by Paavoharju

This was really fantastic. Was mysterious and otherworldly yet still made me feel all warm and cozy. Production was crazy creative with the subtle integration of field recordings, and the dreamy beats were, well, dreamy ^_^
Thank you Suede! Damn I might have to make one of those "recs I got from people" charts except I've gotten so much from you people I'd always be forgetting something...


ANYWAY, Gowi, have you heard?

Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectére Me by Abruptum
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
This was really fantastic. Was mysterious and otherworldly yet still made me feel all warm and cozy. Production was crazy creative with the subtle integration of field recordings, and the dreamy beats were, well, dreamy ^_^
Thank you Suede! Damn I might have to make one of those "recs I got from people" charts except I've gotten so much from you people I'd always be forgetting something...


ANYWAY, Gowi, have you heard?

Obscuritatem Advoco Amplectére Me by Abruptum


I feel like a lot of it would be from me too, which I would not feel proud of, lol.

Anyway, you already know this from our session today on plug: but I liked it quite a bit, really cool stuff that reminds of Nahvalr only reminiscent of improvisational black metal from the genres infancy. Unsettling, interesting, and pretty cool. Worth a look.

Quote:
dbz



イリヤ -Il Y A- by Mutyumu
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:

イリヤ -Il Y A- by Mutyumu

I liked it, though not nearly as much as it feels like I should. There's some kind of disconnect between me and the album that I can't quite place. It's very well crafted but I'm definitely missing something... I think I'll listen again soon and edit in a more cohesive review, see if I can place what I'm feeling here

In the meantime, here:

Watashi Dake? by Keiji Haino
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:

Watashi Dake? by Keiji Haino


It probably comes as no surprise that I’m familiar with this Keiji Haino release, and as I relisten to bits of it I find myself liking it less and less. I remembered enjoying this release on my previous listens so I don’t know if it is my current mood or just a changing taste here as I’ve gotten into other experimental forms of what a friend of mine calls “free noise” (thus making a referential joke about free improvisation and noise in general). I like some of the ideas here, but that’s about it— it feels flat and almost uninspired to me. Shame.

Quote:
dbz



Laideronnette by Matryoshka

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 858687 ... 197198199  Next
Page 86 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.