Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 163164165 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
samistake2ice wrote:
I very rarely buy represses (some exceptions). Typically ill try to limit myself to a few brand new (current year) records a year. Then maybe an other 5 or so new (past years) albums that are either hard to find or personal favorites. The rest are whatever i dig up at my local record store typically anywhere from $1-$5 a pop (...) In fact my strict "guidelines" for vinyl purchases is the only reason Transformer is still not in my collection. Ill find it one of these days.


Ahhh a man after my own heart. Good stuff - I can't believe someone would shell out ยฃ20 for a copy of an album you can get for a quid if you look in the right places.

Anyway, on with the show. In the last 24 hours:


Have One On Me by Joanna Newsom

Figured it was about time I finally owned this properly, especially as I found it new at a decent price (ยฃ16) and I've got Milk-Eyed Mender and Ys on vinyl already.


Meat Puppets II by Meat Puppets

Original UK press on SST.


Red, Yellow & Blue by Born Ruffians

Been looking for this for an age, and it finally popped up on Discogs the other day for ยฃ12 (which is a bargain considering how hard it is to find).

Stay tuned for:

- my latest attempts to copy wholesale a rather charming tweester's record collection (with one addition I'm particularly excited about), and
- a crate dig of some LPs a work colleague found in his loft, which supposedly features original Smiths LPs still in their shrink-wrap. Roll on Tuesday...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
On Vinyl

...Like Clockwork by Queens Of The Stone Age

On CD

The King Of Limbs by Radiohead

TKOL RMX 1234567 by Radiohead

The Eraser by Thom Yorke
_________________
SEMEN STAINS THE MOUNTAIN TOPS
  • Quote
A fistful of used CDs at a vide-grenier today:


Let It Be by The Beatles
One good song in there, worth the euro.


Buena Vista Social Club by Buena Vista Social Club

3 Feet High And Rising by De La Soul

Pearl by Janis Joplin

I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again Mama! by Janis Joplin

Cheyenne Autumn by Jean-Louis Murat

Le Manteau De Pluie by Jean-Louis Murat

Blasรฉ by Archie Shepp

All โ‚ฌ1 except the Janises, โ‚ฌ1 for the two - for the lady who adores Janis.
Shepp at โ‚ฌ1.50.
In all: โ‚ฌ7.50 - that's $8.40 or ยฃ5.50. OK bargain.
  • Quote
Another splurge in the last 24 hours (pay day and all that jazz):


Sittin' Pretty by The Pastels

Original UK press on Chapter 22. Notice they haven't repressed this yet, it's only a matter of time...


Nuyorican Soul by Nuyorican Soul

Plopped through the postbox this morning - haven't owned this since my bitch of an ex nicked my copy.


Souvlaki by Slowdive

No way I was going to shell out ยฃ100+ for an original - this is the Music On Vinyl version (which sounds pretty good on first listen)


Street Horrrsing by Fuck Buttons

In the People Records sale bin!

And a couple of new releases out yesterday:


Allas Sak by Dungen


Have You In My Wilderness by Julia Holter
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG


Last edited by Jimmy Dread on 09/26/2015 17:59; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
noWaxJim wrote:
Another splurge in the last 24 hours (pay day and all that jazz):


Sittin' Pretty by The Pastels

Original UK press on Chapter 24. Notice they haven't repressed this yet, it's only a matter of time...


Souvlaki by Slowdive

No way I was going to shell out ยฃ100+ for an original - this is the Music On Vinyl version (which sounds pretty good on first listen)


Interesting about Sittin Pretty. A bit over a year ago I remember a record store I used to go to getting a shipment of new pressings of it. I didn't buy one at the time because it was $25, but now that you brought that up, perhaps they were fake pressing anyway ๐Ÿค” Interesting.


And I also own the Music On Vinyl version of Souvlaki, and it's fantastic. No complaints. Original pressing of shoegaze albums usually have such astronomical prices that I would feel silly if I ever bought one.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Interesting about Sittin Pretty. A bit over a year ago I remember a record store I used to go to getting a shipment of new pressings of it. I didn't buy one at the time because it was $25, but now that you brought that up, perhaps they were fake pressing anyway ๐Ÿค” Interesting.


Aye that is strange - could well have been a bootleg as this doesn't suggest it's ever been repressed. Would imagine they'd have taken it from the US (Homestead) pressing, unless they suddenly found a batch that'd been sitting in the back of a cupboard for years. If so, the US press sells for an average of about ยฃ17 (what's that, about $30 Canadian?) so the pricing wouldn't have been that far off.

And you're right about Souvlaki - the pressing does sound good. I did a bit of research on Music On Vinyl before buying it - turns out they took over a big pressing plant in the Netherlands and are very open about their source material, unlike some of the cowboy reissuers like 4 Men With Beards and Plain, who I wouldn't touch with the proverbial bargepole.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Asked for records for my birthday and my girlfriend picked me up The For Carnation's Marshmallows, Tone Dogs' Ankety Low Day, Roy Montgomery and Grouper's split EP, Terry Riley & Don Cherry's 1975 Koln concert bootleg, Autechre's Chiastic Slide and Confield, Ui's Sidelong, Spring Heel Jack's Disappeared, To Rococo Rot & D's TRRD, and Him's Changes 12" (all on vinyl). Had a very solid party yesterday, Saiorse was there too. CellarDoor sent me vinyl copies of Low's Trust and Bark Psychosis' Hex for my birthday and showing him around Austin. Just a great birthday weekend.
  • Quote
Pretzel logic by Steely Dan
  • Quote
This is my favorite thread, ngl. I love seeing what people added to collection! Helps me in my listening endeavors! <3
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Just pre-ordered this on vinyl:


New Bermuda by Deafheaven

Translucent green vinyl!!
_________________
...and for dessert!

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 163164165 ... 494495496  Next
Page 164 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.