Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  123 ... 218219220 ... 494495496  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
LittleM1971 wrote:
NoWaxJim wrote:
Big thankyou to LittleM for the heads-up on Anarchy. Fab shop - didn't find much of interest (think you nabbed the best stuff, son) but this was ยฃ4 with 'surface marks' (that's dust and some record brush scrapes to you and me). Playing it now and it sounds great.


I'd of picked that up myself. Shame there wasn't much for you to buy on the day but that's the way it goes + I would have been peeved had you come up with gold on my stomping ground!!! Did you get down to Rob's or Big Apple records whilst you were up here?


Didn't unfortunately - only an overnight visit and didn't get into town until 4.30, so only had time to visit Anarchy (which from your description in the Top 100 On Vinyl thread sounded like the pick) before heading to Rough Trade to see darling Suedeswede. Due back there soon so will certainly take time to check 'em out if I can.

Today kicks off a rather decent few days of vinyl hunting: Guildford Record Fair today, Portobello/Honest Jons/Rough Trade West tomorrow, then Bristol and Cardiff on Wednesday and Thursday. Got these today:


In Ribbons by Pale Saints

First pressing on 4AD with free 7". Absolutely immaculate save for a bit of dust


The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld by The Orb

Second UK pressing on Big Life (not the first, which was on brown marble colour wax and worth a packet). Picked up off Gumtree from a fella in Slough. Don't think he was overly impressed with my bartering tactics, but I knocked him down ยฃ15 so happy days

Got this as well... For a bit of father/son time before bed ๐Ÿ˜



Rock on!!

Oh, and thanks to a certain special someone I'll soon be getting my hands on a record which means that BEA members own precisely 1% of all copies of this record ever pressed. More once I get my grubby mitts on it...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote

Open by Blues Image
Featuring: Ride Captain Ride

Back Home Again by John Denver

Eldorado, A Symphony By The Electric Light Orchestra by Electric Light Orchestra

Rising by Rainbow

Learning To Crawl by The Pretenders

To complete my collection
from Second Spin com. my favorite in the matter of music import
  • Quote
Arrested Development - 3 years 5 months and 2 days in the life of...
  • Quote
Just back from London's Portobello Road market and the surrounding shops with a veritable hoard of new wax:


Slanted & Enchanted by Pavement

72/100. I swore I'd only buy this record if I found an original Big Cat press and it was in excellent nick with the lyric insert. After seeing it on my last visit to Portobello Market, passing it up and then regretting it by the time I drove back home through Shepherd's Bush I was somewhat shocked it was still there over a month later. Knocked ยฃ5 off the price as I have a habit of doing whenever dealing with market traders.


Up To Anything by The Goon Sax

Currently my favourite album of 2016. Had a load of trouble picking it up on wax, further compounded by Rough Trade Nottingham only having it on CD when I went there earlier in the week. Luckily had phoned ahead to Rough Trade West and they put it to one side for me


He Miss Road by Fela Kuti

Knitting Factory Repress, picked up in Honest Jon's from the friendliest record store dude I've ever met (and who always thinks everything he hears is 'fucking amazing' - then again he does work in the coolest record shop ever)


Scientist Wins The World Cup by Scientist

Also picked up from Honest Jon's. Sold my CD copy of this earlier in the week on Discogs for the same price as it cost to get this brand spanking new repress with the original LP and all the vocal cuts on a second disc (albeit labelled as "Junjo Presents Wins The World Cup" - Scientist has licensed the LP to some Russian label, but these are from the original masters I think). That's all the Greensleeves Scientist LPs on vinyl now.


Joy Of A Toy by Kevin Ayers

Shooting At The Moon by Kevin Ayers

2-fer press on 'Harvest Classics' bought whilst wandering down Portobello towards Notting Hill. ยฃ3 off this one. Vinyl looks amazingly clean. I've been after Shooting At The Moon for a while and amazingly saw a first press of it yesterday going for over ยฃ100. Yeah right.

...and the piรจce de rรฉsistance


Mrs. Miller's Greatest Hits by Mrs. Miller

Bought primarily to annoy the wife from the Music & Tape Exchange on Notting Hill Gate
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Been building up the CD collection recently since I haven't given much attention to it. Over the past few weeks, I've acquired:


The Unseen by Quasimoto


The Meadowlands by The Wrens


Aesthethica by Liturgy


Since I Left You by The Avalanches

the 2012 remastered version of

Isn't Anything by My Bloody Valentine

also pre ordered

Lemonade by Beyoncรฉ
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Connected by Stereo MC's
  • Quote
Nice little ยฃ30 haul from Anarchy today...

[/URL][/img]

Both Moz and Mogwai are in Mint condition and only cost ยฃ8 each. Can't wait to listen to Stereodee later.
  • Quote
Thrift shop, used CDs, โ‚ฌ1 each.


And She Closed Her Eyes by Stina Nordenstam

1964 by Miossec


West by Lucinda Williams

Moss Elixir by Robyn Hitchcock

The Atomic Mr. Basie by Count Basie

Coral Fang by The Distillers

Gorillaz by Gorillaz

โ‚ฌ8 in all.
  • Quote
Just back from a couple of days in Bristol and Cardiff, where I picked up this little lot:



The SOTL LP is a first press - not bad for a fiver. Been after the Marine Girls record for an age and finally found it after seeing it over the weekend going for the scandalous price of ยฃ25. Chuffed to find the Marcia Griffiths record too.

Amazingly the above haul was all from one shop - Plastic Wax in Bristol, which has to be one of the finest emporiums of the black stuff I've come across in ages. Bristol had about a dozen shops and after spending an age in the aforementioned Plastic Wax I didn't have much time to check the rest out, although the 4 I visited in St.Nicholas Market in the City Centre are all worth a look (even if I found nowt in any to tickle my fancy apart from an overpriced Ragga Twins LP. By that time I'd blown my budget anyway).
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote


Winners Never Quit by Pedro The Lion

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 218219220 ... 494495496  Next
Page 219 of 496


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Singles / EPs You Added To Your Colle... baystateoftheart Music
Albums You Purged From Your Collectio... Jimmy Dread Music
Singles and / or Album Tracks Added T... LTSings Music
Films added to your collection nutso42 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.