Best Ever Directors [List]

Goto page Previous  1234567
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I'm slightly bored by this squabbling, but also strangely fascinated. So as I wait for further replies in this engrossing Spielberg-off, I'm going to re-rank the top 20.

1. Akira Kurosawa
2. Luis Bunuel
3. Orson Welles
4. Alfred Hitchcock
5. Charlie Chaplin
6. Andrei Tarkovsky
7. Ingmar Bergman
8. Billy Wilder
9. Satyajit Ray
10. Fritz Lang
11. Federico Fellini
12. Stanley Kubrick
13. Woody Allen
14. Roman Polanski
15. David Lynch
16. Steven Spielberg
17. Coen brothers
18. Jean-Luc Godard
19. Quentin Tarantino
20. Martin Scorsese

(everyone from Kurosawa-Lynch appeared on my original list. 15 out of the eventual top 20. Just... FYI? I dunno)
  • Quote
nutso42 wrote:

11. The new Radiohead album should've won.


It came pretty close.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
So what's the timetable looking like on the next list?
  • Quote
badseed wrote:
So what's the timetable looking like on the next list?


Weeeelllll, I'm thinking of posting it sometime in August. Still not 100% sure what it will be yet though. It'll either be the 40's, Asia or I might throw a curveball and do actors. Not sure which way I'm leaning at this point... but either way, there'll be a short break.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
My rankings by interest:

1) 40s=1a)Asia (Asia would be fun. But I'm itching to continue into the 40s. The 40s are a decade I'd love to get more recs and knowledge on. Also I'd love to talk Asian film).

3) Actors
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Figure we should do 40s and 30s first.
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
Figure we should do 40s and 30s first.


I wasn't gonna say it.

But I agree with this.

And then the silent era, or everything pre-1930. Although sound films began in 1927 (I think) I don't know if any were good enough to make the list, but if they did that would be okay. I like this as opposed to a silent films list in general because stuff like City Lights and The Artist were eligible for their respective decades regardless (although I think the animated films idea was good I'm not completely sold on Asian films either mainly because my knowledge is 90% Japanese, 5% Chinese, 3% Indian and 2% Other).
  • Quote
Aight, well, that'll settle it ๐Ÿ˜„ The next list will be the 40's.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
James Cameron is the best director ever.
_________________
Get dissertation help.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234567
Page 7 of 7


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Best Ever Directors [Poll][Deadline J... Hayden Tournaments
Favorite Directors GeevyDallas Movies & TV
Directors who did remakes of their ow... bobbyb5 Movies & TV
Underrated Movies by Famous Directors hereforashortime Movies & TV
Favorite Film Directors of All Time??? bobbyb5 Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.