What top BEA picks do u just not like but everyone else does

Goto page Previous  123, 456 ... 111213  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I am bored to tears by or can't stand:
Laughing Stock by Talk Talk
Young Team by Mogwai
The Boatman's Call by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

I tried to give all 3 of the above a chance, listening to each of them 4 times through. Sometimes albums take artists or albums take awhile to grow on you. (Radiohead was like this for me; first three times I listened to my first Radiohead album, Kid A, I didn't get what everybody was talking about. Now, I love Radiohead.)
I've got more than 18,000 songs in my music collection. I still have an Ipod, which holds about 20,000 songs. When I run out of room on the Ipod, the 3 albums above are going to be the first 3 to be deleted.
  • Quote
I get why people like In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. It's very unique as well as sonically intricate while maintaining a relatively simplistic musical approach. I however can't really connect with the music itself as of yet. I'd love to get to the point where I can change my mind on it though.
_________________
Attention all planets of the solar federation: We have assumed control.
  • Quote
AAL2014 wrote:
I get why people like In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. It's very unique as well as sonically intricate while maintaining a relatively simplistic musical approach. I however can't really connect with the music itself as of yet. I'd love to get to the point where I can change my mind on it though.


Wow. You're a braver man than me. In the Aeroplane is one of those albums that i wouldnt dare say i dont like. Not on this site, anyway. You can get killed for that. Just like i would never ever admit that i hate Tom Waits and Nick Cave and Bruce Springsteen. I would NEVER say that on this site.
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
Wow. You're a braver man than me. In the Aeroplane is one of those albums that i wouldnt dare say i dont like. Not on this site, anyway. You can get killed for that. Just like i would never ever admit that i hate Tom Waits and Nick Cave and Bruce Springsteen. I would NEVER say that on this site.



Why do you think it took me so long to reply? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคฃ

Haha, yeah I realized, but the topic of the thread is Top BEA picks, and it doesn't seem like there is a more resounding BEA pick aside from Radiohead, and I finally like them.. took a minute, but it was a rewarding journey. I don't hate ITAOTS, and again I understand why people connect to it. I just haven't been able to at this point in time.


You can say anything you want about Springsteen, so long as you leave Born To Run out of the negative portion.
_________________
Attention all planets of the solar federation: We have assumed control.
  • Quote
AAL2014 wrote:
Why do you think it took me so long to reply? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคฃ

Haha, yeah I realized, but the topic of the thread is Top BEA picks, and it doesn't seem like there is a more resounding BEA pick aside from Radiohead, and I finally like them.. took a minute, but it was a rewarding journey. I don't hate ITAOTS, and again I understand why people connect to it. I just haven't been able to at this point in time.


You can say anything you want about Springsteen, so long as you leave Born To Run out of the negative portion.


I cant promise u that, but I CAN promise to leave Badlands out of the equation. Because I think it's spectacular. Its everything he wants to be ALL the time, but never achieves. Theres other big exceptions too. Like Dancing in the Dark, Cover Me, Tunnel of Love. All spectacular.
  • Quote
bobbyb5 wrote:
AAL2014 wrote:
Why do you think it took me so long to reply? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคฃ

Haha, yeah I realized, but the topic of the thread is Top BEA picks, and it doesn't seem like there is a more resounding BEA pick aside from Radiohead, and I finally like them.. took a minute, but it was a rewarding journey. I don't hate ITAOTS, and again I understand why people connect to it. I just haven't been able to at this point in time.


You can say anything you want about Springsteen, so long as you leave Born To Run out of the negative portion.


I cant promise u that, but I CAN promise to leave Badlands out of the equation. Because I think it's spectacular. Its everything he wants to be ALL the time, but never achieves. Theres other big exceptions too. Like Dancing in the Dark, Cover Me, Tunnel of Love. All spectacular.


More than fair, Badlands is an excellent tune. Great vocal from him also.
_________________
Attention all planets of the solar federation: We have assumed control.
  • Quote

Acid Rap by Chance The Rapper
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
I love classic rock and pink floyd but i feel dark side of the moon is vastly over rated. top 500 sure. maybe even my top 250 or so, but not top 10 like it often is. again i like it but i like a lot of other floyd albums more.

The Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd

i even prefer this version to the original

The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and Whit...aming Lips
  • Quote
glynspsa wrote:
I love classic rock and pink floyd but i feel dark side of the moon is vastly over rated. top 500 sure. maybe even my top 250 or so, but not top 10 like it often is. again i like it but i like a lot of other floyd albums more.

The Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd

i even prefer this version to the original

The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and Whit...aming Lips


Me too. Ive liked Dark Side of the Moon since i was a little kid, but there's no way it would be in my top 100. Its in my best of 1973 chart, but, that's as far as its going.lol
  • Quote
Neutral Milk Hotel is so high on this site that it took me two years to register because I thought it could not possibly reflect reality...

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 456 ... 111213  Next
Page 5 of 13


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The BEA Games Hall Of Fame Guest Tournaments
Albums you like but no one else does? CaptainFicus Music
Does Anybody Else Like XXX better tha... Fischman Music
What album do you love that most ever... JOSweetHeart Music
Album of the day (#587): I'm Not A Fa... Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.