I've listened to Villains twice and yesterday I've heard Concrete & Gold for the first time. Wouldn't say any of these two is among the bands' best work, but neither is truly bad or underwhelming too. Concrete and Gold is what you'd expect from Foo Fighters, with several new details including vocal harmonies, Grohl's growl on Run (reminiscent of White Limo, one of my favs!) and slightly poppier production. It's a consistent album, has its moments but never falls short. Villains on the other hand has several problems. I reeeealy don't like the production, not because it's Ronson or whatever, but because it sounds bland and bad. Homme's songwriting is more diverse than Grohl's, but it's hit or miss. I like some of the more balladry-like stuff, and I really like the opening track's more experimental character while a few songs really drag on and on. Not as consistent as the Foo's record, but more diverse and interesting in its peaks. Haven't yet decided which one's better tho, I'll need several more listens!
P.S. sorry for bad English _________________ Overall chart Fake overall chart
I thought the same about 2017 albums for a long time, but now A Deeper Understanding, American Dream and Villains have solidified themselves as top 3 albums of the year for me, and all could get A's or strong B's.
And I still have high expectations for the new Killers record which comes out in a couple of days.
Any A+'s- meaning amazing/something that'd bump your overall? The last year to make my overall was 2014... ๐
I thought the same about 2017 albums for a long time, but now A Deeper Understanding, American Dream and Villains have solidified themselves as top 3 albums of the year for me, and all could get A's or strong B's.
And I still have high expectations for the new Killers record which comes out in a couple of days.
Any A+'s- meaning amazing/something that'd bump your overall? The last year to make my overall was 2014... ๐
I'm trying...
I'm stuck with the wrong musicians I guess...
Something definitely could get in my overall. As for newer albums on my overall, Blackstar is in my top 20 currently (yes it's that good), and there are couple others in the top 100 (Lost in The Dream, Skeleton Tree, Currents..) _________________ All time
You'll get out of the 2000's. And find records that will get into your greatest list. I say venture into genres you're not crazy about. As well as if some years weren't crazy, go back to it and maybe the albums will sneak on you.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum