Miscellaneous Musical Meanderings

Goto page Previous  123456  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
My first album, randomly selected, is:

'77 Live by Les Rallizes Dรฉnudรฉs

Not bad. But very, very noisy. Tracks three and four in particular were sometimes painful to listen to. Some parts sound like they weren't recorded very well, but that kinda added to the atmosphere. I like the strong bass presence as a counterbalance to the wall of noise. This isn't something I would want to listen to very often, but overall it was all right. A bit long, perhaps.

Score: 54/100

At some point I'll add an explanation of my rating system to the original post, but for now all you need to know is that 50 is neutral and anything above 50 means I liked it. So 54 is a (slightly) positive score.
  • Quote
This is going to be interesting Rhyner!!

My recs are (from my personal top 10 of this year which I love very much (the year and the albums ๐Ÿคฃ ):

Ascension by The Aints


The Word And The Flesh by Band Of Susans


The Beast Inside by Inspiral Carpets


Beat Songs by The Blue Aeroplanes


Blind Love by Ratcat
  • Quote
Rhyner wrote:
My first album, randomly selected, is:

'77 Live by Les Rallizes Dรฉnudรฉs

Not bad. But very, very noisy. Tracks three and four in particular were sometimes painful to listen to. Some parts sound like they weren't recorded very well, but that kinda added to the atmosphere. I like the strong bass presence as a counterbalance to the wall of noise. This isn't something I would want to listen to very often, but overall it was all right. A bit long, perhaps.

Score: 54/100

At some point I'll add an explanation of my rating system to the original post, but for now all you need to know is that 50 is neutral and anything above 50 means I liked it. So 54 is a (slightly) positive score.


How many times did you listen to this? If only once, it'd b really, really hard to assimilate sth like LRD especially since you haven't had a lot of exposure to noise rock. For me, I wouldn't even think of having an opinion on sth until I've at least listened to it 3 times. The first couple of listens just help me get familiar with the music. That's just me of course. I'm a bit slow. ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
Tilly wrote:
How many times did you listen to this? If only once, it'd b really, really hard to assimilate sth like LRD especially since you haven't had a lot of exposure to noise rock. For me, I wouldn't even think of having an opinion on sth until I've at least listened to it 3 times. The first couple of listens just help me get familiar with the music. That's just me of course. I'm a bit slow. :lol:

My initial plan was to give each album two or three listens, but I decided to not stick to that with this one. It's an hour and a half long and has only seven lengthy, repetitive tracks. Once was enough to get the idea, I think.
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
This is going to be interesting Rhyner!!

My recs are (from my personal top 10 of this year which I love very much (the year and the albums ๐Ÿคฃ ):

Ascension by The Aints


The Word And The Flesh by Band Of Susans


I'm limiting recommendations to only two per person, so these are the two I'm putting down for you. If you'd prefer I replace either or both with something from your other choices, let me know.

Or maybe you could get someone else to submit your other choices as their recommendations...
  • Quote

Woodface by Crowded House
Pretty good. I like the guitar on Weather with You. That song and Four Seasons in One Day are probably my favorites on the album.

Score: 61/100
  • Quote
Rhyner wrote:
dihansse wrote:
This is going to be interesting Rhyner!!

My recs are (from my personal top 10 of this year which I love very much (the year and the albums ๐Ÿคฃ ):

Ascension by The Aints


The Word And The Flesh by Band Of Susans


I'm limiting recommendations to only two per person, so these are the two I'm putting down for you. If you'd prefer I replace either or both with something from your other choices, let me know.

Or maybe you could get someone else to submit your other choices as their recommendations...

Fair enough Rhyner: I would like to ask to pick beatsongs instead of the word and the flesh because itโ€™s completely different from the rest of my picks.
  • Quote
dihansse wrote:
Fair enough Rhyner: I would like to ask to pick beatsongs instead of the word and the flesh because itโ€™s completely different from the rest of my picks.

No problem. Sorry to be a stickler about that, but I'm worried I'll never get through even one year if I don't limit recommendations somehow. I'll eventually come back to 1991 and I'll check out some of your other picks then.
  • Quote
Rhyner wrote:

Woodface by Crowded House
Pretty good. I like the guitar on Weather with You. That song and Four Seasons in One Day are probably my favorites on the album.

Score: 61/100



oh cool. I always wanted to check out Crowded House. I always thought they were far too poppy back in '91. What's it like? I suppose a 61 isn't a very good score. ๐Ÿค”
  • Quote
Tilly wrote:
Rhyner wrote:

Woodface by Crowded House
Pretty good. I like the guitar on Weather with You. That song and Four Seasons in One Day are probably my favorites on the album.

Score: 61/100



oh cool. I always wanted to check out Crowded House. I always thought they were far too poppy back in '91. What's it like? I suppose a 61 isn't a very good score. :-k

Well Tilly you should check them, especially for your mellow project and especially This album: itโ€™s a real classic. Sorry you didnโ€™t like it that much Rhyner.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123456  Next
Page 2 of 6


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Miscellaneous Music Related Videos LTSings Music
What's your favorite musical? bobbyb5 Movies & TV
Embarrasing musical moments :oops: Ozzy0 Music
Musical Baby Name Guest Lounge
Flaunt Your Musical Gear Guest Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.