Chart talk

Goto page Previous  123 ... 381382383 ... 424425426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Finally got my Jazz/Vocal Jazz chart up to 100 albums if anyone is interested
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
I just reworked my top 100 hits you should hear before you get tinnitus and it is a kinda stressful work

I find myself disagreeing with a inner force of mine by moving some of the older albums that I don't even like that much, but still mean a lot to myself, in a way of staying or not in the chart. I still need to rework on my notes, bring the poetic antonio to the room, give him a donut and watch the magic happen.

Anyways, Will try to do these on a yearly basis.
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Hi there. Haven't posted on the forums for quite some time ๐Ÿ˜„

What better way to come back than some harmless self-promotion ๐Ÿ˜

Anyway, to kick off the new year, I've revamped my overall chart to include only 50 albums and decided to keep a maximum of 2 albums per artist

Also, lol my sig still has my 2016 chart in it xD
_________________
I'm a noob

2016 Chart
  • Quote
I've gone over a lot of my old notes on my external on some of my favorite albums from the 80s (its a lot), and I've narrowed down these years based on this data so far: 1980, 1981, 1984. I've yet to get the other stuff accurate with my data, but I prefer 1988 the most so I'm looking forward to finishing that chart. Over time I hope to at least post a 1-4 sentence commentary on each entry. So that'll be a long project that may push on well into Spring depending on how much time I have.

For the time being, enjoy the return of my charts and these updates. I'm always free to discuss these records and enter a dialogue or even offer a specialized recommendation to individual user taste if wanted.
  • Quote
wowoowow!!! just did a huge overhaul of my decade charts and 2010's year charts. unfortunately there kept being one or two things that i'd forget and then add, so some of them its hard to see what the changes were -- but theyre still good charts yo!

most proud of the 2010's one.

also worth seeing is 2000's

but yeah i have 2010, 2011, ..., 2017, as well as every decade chart updated if there is any interest!
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
Still updating notes, but my overall has been updated

Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by Lowkey
  • Quote
2017!
  • Quote
I've updated my overall. It's been just under a year since I posted my first chart under my current username, and I've had 50% turnover in one year. I've had 98-100% turnover since I first joined the site in 2009. Between monthly-ish updates and turnover during my current username, you might think my tastes are fickle but I account it to the bottomless wealth of creativity present in improvised music, which I've been digging into over the past two or three years. I've never felt my tastes so poorly represented by 100 albums; every musician on my chart is severely underrepresented and so many facets of my taste unrepresented. I think what I'm trying to say is (1) check out my overall; (2) use me as a resource for improvised music/jazz (I started at Kind of Blue like everyone else), particularly for the '80s to the present day, which is poorly explored on this site; and (3) this site has helped me grow so much, it's incalculable, and I just want to help other users grow too. I know chart notes might help, but I'd rather engage on the forums or PM for specifics.
  • Quote
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
I've updated my overall. It's been just under a year since I posted my first chart under my current username, and I've had 50% turnover in one year. I've had 98-100% turnover since I first joined the site in 2009. Between monthly-ish updates and turnover during my current username, you might think my tastes are fickle but I account it to the bottomless wealth of creativity present in improvised music, which I've been digging into over the past two or three years. I've never felt my tastes so poorly represented by 100 albums; every musician on my chart is severely underrepresented and so many facets of my taste unrepresented. I think what I'm trying to say is (1) check out my overall; (2) use me as a resource for improvised music/jazz (I started at Kind of Blue like everyone else), particularly for the '80s to the present day, which is poorly explored on this site; and (3) this site has helped me grow so much, it's incalculable, and I just want to help other users grow too. I know chart notes might help, but I'd rather engage on the forums or PM for specifics.


Thanks for sharing this really cool journey/experience with us. I'll be sure to check it.
  • Quote
I want to bring attention to a couple of amazing charts from newer users that aren't active on the forums:

kaduphemingsucks

And

splashfoop

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 381382383 ... 424425426  Next
Page 382 of 426


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Laughing Stock (Talk Talk) VS Neon Bi... Behrus58 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Talk Talk def. The... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Talk Talk, Music Machine 1966 ffudnebbuh Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Talk Talk def. Chrome videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - EF: Wire def. Talk Talk videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.