Rank 'Em: The Beach Boys

Goto page Previous  123 ... 434445 ... 174175176  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Tilly wrote:
'92:8 Could LittleM Be On to Something? : The Case for Boo Radley's debut as Essential Shoegaze


Everything's Alright Forever by The Boo Radleys

A perfect blend of worldly spanish-tinged indie rock and shoegaze, The Boo Radley's LP standsout as an album that could stand on its own even without the amazing shoe gaze flourishes. It's backed up by some amazing indie rock songs that really take advantage of the loud- soft/ beautiful dynamics of both indie rock & shoegaze.


yes, spanish-tinged shoegaze indeed, especially in the first song Spaniard, and the sublime middle part of the ending track Paradise
1:30 to 3:45:

Link
  • Quote
'92:9 Twenty Percent Less Shoegaze, All the Taste - How Ride crafted their BEST album by dialing back the noise


Going Blank Again by Ride

This is easily Ride's best. And I was a HUGE fan of their early EPS and of course Nowhere. But the songs here are so fill of life. So crisp & immediate and catchy. A sound totally their own. Like nothing else before or since. They hit the sweet spot right in between shoe gaze and indie pop. Ride could never match this moment again, but this is a remarkable album and (easily) one of the best of '92.

Repo Ranks 1992 Shoegaze

Hall of Fame
1. Ride -Going Blank Again

Great
2. The Boo Radley's - Everything's Alright Forever
  • Quote
Itโ€™s my 29th favorite album of the year!
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
Itโ€™s my 29th favorite album of the year!

My 17th but that's only because it was such a good year (for me anyway)
  • Quote
Yeah, it was an absolutely great year to listen to.
  • Quote
Shoegaze albums I would have in my top 5. They both brought something very different to the scene.


Doppelgรคnger by Curve


Shot Forth Self Living by Medicine
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Shoegaze albums I would have in my top 5. They both brought something very different to the scene.


Doppelgรคnger by Curve


Shot Forth Self Living by Medicine


Completely agree! I loved both of those back then. Added to the list. ๐Ÿ˜

@Chief: What would be your TOP 5 Shoegaze albums from 1992(in order)? Anyone else want to add their top 5 for the year? Would love to see 'em! ๐Ÿ˜

Also gong to add these ....


In The Presence Of Nothing by Lilys


Delaware by Drop Nineteens

Quite the year for shoegaze obvs.
  • Quote
Regarding Curve i really liked the early EPโ€™s they released but was disappointed with the album Doppleganger so I tend to pick this compilation from 1992 over it. The track Coast is Clear is especially good.


Pubic Fruit by Curve
  • Quote
Iโ€™m so unfamiliar with Shoegaze I feel I have nothing to add. So thatโ€™s why my silence. Of the โ€œShoegazeโ€ albums Iโ€™ve heard from 92, I suppose Whipping Boyโ€™s โ€œsubmarineโ€ is my fave.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Stop everything! Wait. I take that back. I mean... I've stopped everything. 1992 is on hold. Competing with Mercury for making the best damn 1974 chart is on hold. Because I'm gong to a music festival! That's right. You heard me. And it's a good music festival. A really good one. With bands and stuff. Pitchfork would probably even call it the best. Those biased fucks. But, the line-up does look pretty killer ...




So for now on I'm going to be doing what I always do to gear for the summer music festival season. Make Mix-Tapes. Tons & tons of mix tapes to give to my friends (okay, friend. But, she's a super cute friend! Smile ) who won't even listen to them because things like Spotify and Pandora now exist, Jeff. We don't need your stinkin' mix tapes no more, dude. lol. Yeah. Like they ever listened to them anyways. But, I do. And they end up being killer souvenirs.

Album one is already making me burst out into a big, giant smile despite my Celtics getting completley drubbed tonight by the Cavs...


Tell Me How You Really Feel by Courtney Barnett

It's a blast. Thanks, Courtney!

Now if my Celtics can just pull off this upset of the Cavs ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 434445 ... 174175176  Next
Page 44 of 176


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED Let's Rank 23: The Beach Boys ... RepoMan Music
Rank 'Em: Ozzy Osbourne CA Dreamin Music
[ Poll ] Beach Boys Albums outside of Pet soun... newbands1 Music
[ Poll ] Which is better: The Beach Boys or Th... Guest Music
Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys Johnnyo Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.