The most underrated bands of the 90s?

Goto page Previous  1234567  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
The Dambuilders...they were from Hawaii and had Joan Wasser on violin.


Against The Stars by The Dambuilders


Link


Hazel...they had Pete Krebs and a guy who was an official member who only danced on stage.


Toreador Of Love by Hazel


Link


And of course...Ass Ponys. Electric Rock Music is one of the best albums of the decade. Including an awesome song about stuff at Grandma's house, and of course "Little Bastard".......


Electric Rock Music by Ass Ponys


Link

_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Nobody mentioned Flowered Up or Sleeper. I was in love with Louise Wener for a couple of years.
Did Elastica get a mention? Another female-led band. Totally brilliant if a tiny bit derivative.
Talking of derivitave Ocean Colour Scene kicked ass for a while. But if Oasis can nick loads from the Beatles and 60s bands why not? I mean Paul Weller loved the Kinks...


A Life With Brian by Flowered Up


Smart by Sleeper


Elastica by Elastica


Moseley Shoals by Ocean Colour Scene


Plus Hanson of course. Totally underrated. On some days I think Mmm Bop is my favourite song of the 90s. aAways cheers me up. Ha ha... I do seriously like it though.


Last edited by CharlieBarley on 06/20/2018 02:59; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
kickerofelves wrote:
Jellyfish! For me Jellyfish are hands down the most underrated band of the 90s.
Then again I can see why they don't get more love, they definitely don't sound like you're typical 90s band. They weren't around for very long either...
Both their albums are well worth checking out though


Agree.

Jellyfish and Kingโ€™s X were my fave bands in the early 90โ€™s.
  • Quote
Good call on the Dambuilders!

Here are some of my favorites that I think are underrated:
Adorable
Afghan Whigs
Bethany Curve
Catherine Wheel
Chapterhouse
Charlatans
Cranes
Curve
Failure
The House of Love
Hum
Ikon
Kitchens of Distinction
Lush
Machines of Loving Grace
Revolver
Stabbing Westward
Sunny Day Real Estate
Swervedriver
The Ocean Blue
Therapy?
Veruca Salt
The Young Gods
  • Quote
I've listened to this album about 10 times since I discovered it, and I think it's a long lost classic.


Con Art by Smart Went Crazy
  • Quote
Just found out, via Wikipedia, that the Maher Brothers, in Flowered Up both died, in recent years. RIP.
That is so sad. Too young.
  • Quote
On the Thrash side, Flotsam and Jetsam
On the Progressive Metal side, Fates Warning
For Prog, Spock's Beard
For Rock, Sass Jordan







  • Quote
Motorpsycho and Stereolab
  • Quote
fleskefjes wrote:
Stereolab


Already mentioned ๐Ÿ˜

Would also add Mouse On Mars and Nobukazu Takemura.
_________________
http://distranscontinuum.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Quote
LordMark wrote:
Obviously, they're not as good as Pixies or Nirvana, but BUSH still didn't deserve the flack they got from critics. I still regularly listen to Sixteen Stone and Razorblade Suitcase.


Dead on, Bush is underrated. I like some one-hit wonders from the 90s who had more than one good song, like the Toadies and Blind Melon.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234567  Next
Page 6 of 7


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Overrated Underrated Bands and Underr... Guest Music
Irish Indie bands of the 80s and earl... LPsforZombies Music
British metal bands of the 90s DarkSideOfTheComputer Music
Bands who are underrated ... And you ... thomas697 Music
Underrated albums by popular bands? Alekos Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.