BEA 2017 Championship Tournament

Goto page Previous  123 ... 567 ... 141516  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Would you participate?
Yes:
85%
 85%  [18]
No:
14%
 14%  [3]
Total Votes : 21

  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
We did one for 1974 IIRC.

The trouble with tournaments is that they lose momentum quicky. The best one in recent memory for me was the โ€˜best album outside the top 10,000โ€™ or whatever it was called - pulled up some fantastic hitherto unheralded gems.


Damn. I do see that. Hell the user top 10 sessions lost steam as well. But I got to hand it to bay for the work he does.
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
We did one for 1974 IIRC.

The trouble with tournaments is that they lose momentum quicky. The best one in recent memory for me was the โ€˜best album outside the top 10,000โ€™ or whatever it was called - pulled up some fantastic hitherto unheralded gems.


Damn. I do see that. Hell the user top 10 sessions lost steam as well. But I got to hand it to bay for the work he does.


Yeah it definitely needs someone with patience, organisational nous and a thick skin to run one. BETH fizzled out when each match up got about 8 votes combined. I may bring it back one day, likely when you all least expect it...
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Luigii wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
We did one for 1974 IIRC.

The trouble with tournaments is that they lose momentum quicky. The best one in recent memory for me was the โ€˜best album outside the top 10,000โ€™ or whatever it was called - pulled up some fantastic hitherto unheralded gems.


Damn. I do see that. Hell the user top 10 sessions lost steam as well. But I got to hand it to bay for the work he does.


Yeah it definitely needs someone with patience, organisational nous and a thick skin to run one. BETH fizzled out when each match up got about 8 votes combined. I may bring it back one day, likely when you all least expect it...


I give it three months. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Thanks BayState for putting this together. Looks fun!
  • Quote

Planetarium by Sufjan Stevens / Nico Muhly / Bryce Dessner / James McAlister

If there is a slot left I nominate the above
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:

Planetarium by Sufjan Stevens / Nico Muhly / Bryce Dessner / James McAlister

If there is a slot left I nominate the above


Why not, I'll add a third play-in game. No more albums after this though - we have enough for people to listen to.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
We did one for 1974 IIRC.

The trouble with tournaments is that they lose momentum quicky. The best one in recent memory for me was the โ€˜best album outside the top 10,000โ€™ or whatever it was called - pulled up some fantastic hitherto unheralded gems.


I thought the 1974 tourney was pretty awesome! I remember me, Spacetiger, Mecca & skinny having some good discussions. We were all set to do one for 1996 soon after but then other tourneys got preference iirc.

And yeah - the BEA outside 10,0000 tourney was awesome too.
  • Quote
Tilly wrote:
Jimmy Dread wrote:
We did one for 1974 IIRC.

The trouble with tournaments is that they lose momentum quicky. The best one in recent memory for me was the โ€˜best album outside the top 10,000โ€™ or whatever it was called - pulled up some fantastic hitherto unheralded gems.


I thought the 1974 tourney was pretty awesome! I remember me, Spacetiger, Mecca & skinny having some good discussions. We were all set to do one for 1996 soon after but then other tourneys got preference iirc.

And yeah - the BEA outside 10,0000 tourney was awesome too.


A 1996 tournament would be sick. But 2017 will suffice. Also can't believe 3 play in's exist.
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
If youโ€™re desperate - and not that I imagine for one second anyone will listen to it/enjoy it anyway, I nominate:


Lost In A Sea Of Trees by Wanderwelle


Dude, so far I'm 5 minutes in and this is really dope. But we will see if it holds up as a piece of music. Also, happy that my pick is fighting the same spot as your pick.
  • Quote
Thanks guys for deciding to include me despite missing the deadline, totally didn't deserve it ๐Ÿซข

So many of these I haven't heard, so I'm psyched to start patching up my 2017 library.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 567 ... 141516  Next
Page 6 of 16


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: The BEA Games Hall Of Fame Guest Tournaments
BEA 2017 Championship Tournament Results baystateoftheart Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2017 Championship Tournament: Play-In... baystateoftheart Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2017 Championship Tournament, Round 1... baystateoftheart Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2017 Championship Tournament, Round 1... baystateoftheart Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.