You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 130131132 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
dividesbyzero wrote:
oh god elp... oh god 2 hours of elp...

here goes nothing

damn this thread :lol:




.........you alive buddy?

Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Jdenny here's an album for you.


Demian by Demian


Hell yeah! This album gave me an immediate Deep Purple vibe, whom I happen to very much enjoy. A great hard rock album that has incredible guitar work and not terrible lyrics. Will have to add this to a year and maybe a decade chart when I get a chance.

My recommendation is


In The Land Of Grey And Pink by Caravan
_________________
Don't get work up over my posts. I'm an idiot.
Rantings on my Top 100
My podcast
  • Quote

In The Land Of Grey And Pink by Caravan

This was great jdenny. I remember this album from reading your musical diary. It piqued my interest more than any of the others I hadn't heard. I like a little bit of prog, but not a lot, although I love the hippy stuff. Put the two together for some hippy prog and I really dug it. Embarrassingly, or maybe sadly, I knew Golf Girl really well but had never heard this original version before. I know it from the novelty album that neil from The Young Ones did. ( yes I used to own it...I was a neil fanboy ๐Ÿคฃ ). The epic closer was awesome!

I feel like I'm hogging this thread. I apologise if I am but I'm appreciating the recs.


My recommendation because In The Land Of Grey and Pink reminded me of this. Check it out!


Pink Mountaintops by Pink Mountaintops
  • Quote
just listened to:
As Above, So Below by Stonefield

Very cool almost 60's sounding album released just 2 years ago. Has a cool psychedelic heavy stoner rock vibe. I really enjoyed the album though i was unable to really get into the lyrics but maybe after a coupe more listens. Definetly an album i will spin a few more times as it is certainly interesting. A record I enjoyed but didn't love but could see growing in my opinion upon further listens. Thank you for the recommendation as i certainly respect the albums artistic vision and will be listening again.


My recommendation:
Tales Of The Stoned by Holyweed

it is available to listen to on youtube
  • Quote
Just so I can keep the ball rolling I'll give my thoughts on one of Luigii's favorite albums. Since that's what was offered.


Caracal by Disclosure

I think the production of this album is superb. I think it's certainly a love letter to late 80's house, but updated for the 2010's. Most of the vocal features match the music well; however, I don't care for some of the artists. I'd put this on for a party or a DJ Set, but it's not something I'm going to find myself listening to on the daily.
Best Track for me is Jaded.

glynspsa, here's one for you. If you've listened to it before, then I can give you another one.


The Shepherd's Dog by Iron And Wine
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Just so I can keep the ball rolling I'll give my thoughts on one of Luigii's favorite albums. Since that's what was offered.


Caracal by Disclosure

I think the production of this album is superb. I think it's certainly a love letter to late 80's house, but updated for the 2010's. Most of the vocal features match the music well; however, I don't care for some of the artists. I'd put this on for a party or a DJ Set, but it's not something I'm going to find myself listening to on the daily.
Best Track for me is Jaded.


I respect this. Do agree on being a well produced album. As well as taking the late 80's house to the 2010's. For a point of reference before the 4:45 of Nocturnal, the synth playing is an interpolation of a song from Frankie Knuckles. Also do understand not listening for the daily. Hell I was a bit tired out of this album. Though this week was crazy since I was a bit sick and played this once a day for four days. Also Jaded is dope. That track was the main reason I checked this album out and became a part of me.
  • Quote
just listened:
The Shepherd's Dog by Iron And Wine

Rather cool dreamy atmospheric music. The vocals have a cool vibe and the music to me was the real star. the playing though not overly showy was fantastic with subtle cool little moments here and there nice little gooey nuggets amongst the more structured songs. Will definitely listen to this one again, not really familiar with them or much of this style of music but i rather enjoyed it.

My Recommendation:
Kites Are Fun by The Free Design
  • Quote
From jdenny2018:


Milestones by Miles Davis

I actually listened to this quite recently as I did my review of 1958. But I didn't mind listening again. And with a second listen it grew on me quite a bit. I liked it before, but now I consider it a pretty great album. This would be a better default jazz intro album than Kind Of Blue - but then again, you could say that about at least a hundred albums. ๐Ÿ˜จ I'm still not great at discussing jazz, but I saw a comment on RYM that said this was some of his most lyrical playing, and that resonated with me. Btw if anyone wants to check if I've heard something before for this thread, you can go to my RYM profile (link in signature) and use the collection search feature.

~~~~~

For glynspa:


Confusion by Fela Kuti & Africa 70
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Just intend to:
Confusion by Fela Kuti & Africa 70


Holy Shit where has this been hiding on me. This album is delicious I LOVED IT. Wish it were longer is about all i can say. This shit really was hot. Thank you so much for the recommendation A/A+ record right here.
My Rec to you is:
Game, Dames And Guitar Thangs by Eddie Hazel
  • Quote
Anything for me?
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
Anything for me?


Yours is on the previous page at the bottom.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 130131132 ... 197198199  Next
Page 131 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.