Top 10 The Cure songs

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
Since we haven't had a top 10 in almost 2 DAYS, I'd like a word with everyone about The Cure. I love The Cure.

1. From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
2. A Strange Day
3. Plainsong
4. Open
5. Same Deep Water As You
6. All Cats Are Grey
7. Fascination Street
8. Cold
9. In Between Days
10. Prayers For Rain

And loads of others:
The Figurehead, Trust, A Forest, Apart, One Hundred Years, The Holy Hour, Kyoto Song, Bloodflowers, Pictures Of You, Shake Dog Shake, Want


You've picked half my favourite ones man. More than half!! So don't think I'm copying you when I post my top 10.
  • Quote
Plainsong
Just Like Heaven
Inbetween Days
Trust
A Strange Day
Apart
The Blood
A Forest
Charlotte Sometimes
The Same Deep Water As You

Honourable mentions:

10.15 Saturday Night, Harold And Joe, Catch, The Exploding Boy, Boys Don't Cry, Close To Me (Closer Mix), The Funeral Party, Shake Dog Shake (live), Six Different Ways, Pictures Of You, Friday I'm In Love, The Kiss, Never Enough.
  • Quote
Stover75 wrote:
Plainsong
Just Like Heaven
Inbetween Days
Trust
A Strange Day
Apart
The Blood
A Forest
Charlotte Sometimes
The Same Deep Water As You

Honourable mentions:

10.15 Saturday Night, Harold And Joe, Catch, The Exploding Boy, Boys Don't Cry, Close To Me (Closer Mix), The Funeral Party, Shake Dog Shake (live), Six Different Ways, Pictures Of You, Friday I'm In Love, The Kiss, Never Enough.

Iโ€™ve quite forgotten about The Blood, it may be my favourite on the album along with Inbetween Days. Also Charlotte Sometimes... what a single! Great list, shows that youโ€™re a fan.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
1. Friday I'm in Love
2. Kyoto Song
3. Lullaby
4. Lovesong
5. From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
6. Just Like Heaven
7. Disintegration
8. The Perfect Girl
9. Pictures of You
10. One Hundred Years
  • Quote
I am a huge Cure fan, so this is really difficult to choose.
1979-1985:
A Forest
The Holy Hour
Other Voices
The Drowning Man
Siamese Twins
The Figurehead
A Strange Day
Just One Kiss
La Ment
Sinking

1986-1994:
If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
Last Dance
Prayers For Rain
Homesick
Apart
Trust
To Wish Impossible Things
  • Quote
Fascination Street (extended mix from Mixed Up)
How Beautiful You Are
Primary
Catch
A Night Like This
Killing An Arab
The Kiss
Close To Me
The Caterpilllar
The Lovecats
  • Quote
StreetSpirit wrote:
1. Friday I'm in Love
2. Kyoto Song
3. Lullaby
4. Lovesong
5. From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
6. Just Like Heaven
7. Disintegration
8. The Perfect Girl
9. Pictures of You
10. One Hundred Years


I could go with this list too.. Wish and Kiss Me Kiss Me are both vastly underrated
_________________
Jeff Lynne 5th Beatle

Post-Hardcore: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=52396
  • Quote
I'd say 'Close to Me', 'Just Like Heaven', 'In Between Days', and 'Boys Don't Cry' are all pretty much perfect. Everything else is tier below.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I'd say 'Close to Me', 'Just Like Heaven', 'In Between Days', and 'Boys Don't Cry' are all pretty much perfect. Everything else is tier below.

Fair enough. Perhaps you could add The Lovecats ?
  • Quote
Shit! I forgot The Lovecats
The song which introduced me to the band as a boy.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Your Top 10 Songs from the Top 100 Guest Music
Top 10 Black Sabbath, Top 10 Judas Pr... LedZep Music
CLOSED Let's Rank 27: The Cure Guest Music
[ Poll ] [THREAD CLOSED] The Cure Vs New Order Wombi Tournaments
Album of the day (#344): Disintegrati... BestEverAlbums Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.