You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 145146147 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Komorebi-D wrote:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Komorebi, here you go.


How To Live With A Phantom by Shintaro Sakamoto


What can I say? This shit was funky. Goes without saying but this would’ve been a great fit for my Japanese Week. I really liked the cool little instrumental quirks and idiosyncrasies here and there, plus even though I can’t understand them, I’m sure the lyricism is something special too. Brilliant pick on your part Chief, don’t know whether I’ll dive any deeper into his catalog by I was sure glad I got to check this one out. Probably a light sitting on a light 7 right now. Still hats off to you mate. And fair call Luig for calling him a smart ass.

Well hello, look who it is again! I guess this one’s for you;

Wasps' Nests by The 6ths


You were referring to me? Well I did listen to:

And for me this was great. Not an album that blew me away, but not had a lot of variety by the singers but also had a variety of sounds that are really nice and pleasant. If there was any complaint I would have, it comes down to how some songs sound lower compared to others. And the reason I say this is actually going to be my pick for you.

It is this album from 1994. Amplified Heart by Everything But The Girl.
  • Quote
Just listened to:

Die Grüne Reise by A.R. & Machines

Well what a... strange album. Liked it a lot, reminded me of if Brian Eno was in Faust. Solid album all the way through with some extremely unique tracks that I'll have to go back through and give another listen to.

My recommendation for Luigii:


Oxygène by Jean Michel Jarre

Noticed a lot of boards of canada on your list, and figured you would like some 70s french electronica.
_________________
Don't get work up over my posts. I'm an idiot.
Rantings on my Top 100
My podcast
  • Quote
jdenny2018 wrote:
Just listened to:

Die Grüne Reise by A.R. & Machines

Well what a... strange album. Liked it a lot, reminded me of if Brian Eno was in Faust. Solid album all the way through with some extremely unique tracks that I'll have to go back through and give another listen to.

My recommendation for Luigii:


Oxygène by Jean Michel Jarre

Noticed a lot of boards of canada on your list, and figured you would like some 70s french electronica.


Bro, I listened to that album and love it. But I could go for another Jarre album. So if you can give a different album from Jarre, that would be nice.


Last edited by Luigii on 10/23/2018 16:49; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote

Jazz At Massey Hall by The Quintet

It's funny how something can slip by you unnoticed. I've listened to multiple albums by each of these individual artists, but not this album. Not much to say other than it's what I would expect when legends come together and jam. It's pleasant. I could make a 50s chart, and I've thought about it, but I don't like the way it looks.

Proggy stuff for you jdenny


Dedalus by Dedalus
  • Quote

Rythmes Contemporains by Janko Nilovic
I just learned what library music means after listening to this album. It's not music to play in libraries, which gave me relief, it's more like "stock music" some labels had ready to license to be used in tv shows, movies, commercials etc. From what I gather this kind of music is supposed to be more mood-setting instead of having distinct personality. Knowing this also surprised me because it's a perfectly fine jazz fusion album, better than some others I've heard in the genre, but then I was like yes this is very cinematic music indeed, I could see it being used in a James Bond film. It is a very well composed album, I enjoyed these couple listens, and might catch myself listening again in a distant future. It got me interested in searching other albums in the library music field, I see there is a side of it that leans more on electronics...

For Tha1ChiefRocka

The Ocean Of Infinite Being by Jliat / Y9v9
  • Quote
So jdenny2018 asked me to listen to an album and it was this.

And I got to say though I do think this was a weird ride and an interesting album, I not really a fan of it. To me it has this quality where it is to weird for my liking. And to me that's hilarious since I do like weird albums. But this doesn't make me lose my shit. Or makes me enjoy it on a personal level. Though maybe on repeat listens I'll grow to love it. But not now. So for jdenny2018, if you want a weird album that I adore the hell out of, I'll give you this.

Unless this is for jdenny2018 and not anyone else. If not, I'll put in another album.
  • Quote
Your album would be for Bruno, Luigii.


The Ocean Of Infinite Being by Jliat / Y9v9

Well, that was certainly right up my alley. Thanks for the tip, I enjoyed it. It made for good contemplation/working music, which is all that I really ask for with that kind of an album.

Luigii, here's another for you.


Sounds Of The Satellites by Laika
  • Quote

Bruh you were so close on giving me an album that was sublime. And though it isn't a masterful tier album, I still enjoyed this a lot. The only reason I have this rated as a 85 is that this album unfortunately holds my biggest pet peeve where you have the majority of your track being silence. To me that is a buzz kill for me. Other than that, for the people who haven't heard it, go listen to it. It's great.

My pick.

Another overlooked album of 2016.
King's debut, We Are King
  • Quote

We Are KING by KING

WHHHHOOOOOAAAAA! Now this is some sexy, sexy music right here!. I'll never understand how stuff like this gets missed by the masses. It definitely fits my R&B preferences. It should be about two tracks shorter though. Nearly an hour is too long.

I'm going to send another underrated 2010's R&B album back your way.


Avalanche by Quadron
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
It is this album from 1994. Amplified Heart by Everything But The Girl.


Actually I thought The 6ths would be for Chief but I’m glad you enjoyed it bud. As for your album; yeah it was pleasant too. If it makes any sense, it kind of reminds of Kings of Convenience if they were trying to be more of an early 2000s pop outfit. I think the thing I appreciated almost as much as the vocals here was the double bass on some of these tracks. They made a few interesting instrumental choice here and then which was cool. I don’t think I would pick up another of their records but did like this one while it was on. It’s something that would be nice to have over supermarket radio or something like that, and that’s definitely not a jab at you there. Anyway thanks mate, I wish I realised that it was you I was recommending last time because I have so many plans for you. Guess they’ll have to be put on hold for next time I get you.

OK this one really is for you Chief this time, and I think it’s in line with the R&B thing you and Luigii have to got going, while being a bit of a curveball;


Green Twins by Nick Hakim
_________________
Some RYM paraphernalia:

2019: The 25 [RYM]
2020: The 25 [RYM]

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 145146147 ... 197198199  Next
Page 146 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.