Musical random chat

Goto page Previous  123 ... 944945946 ... 982983984  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Husker Du and Dinosaur Jr sound like they might be up your alley. Start with these two:


New Day Rising by Hรผsker Dรผ


You're Living All Over Me by Dinosaur Jr.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
Superunknown wrote:
Hi there,

As a pretty big fan of rock music, especially hardrock/grunge, I would like to know what artists/albums you whould recommend me to listen to. I would like to start with thanking you, because it seems to get a really long message.
.....
Once again, thanks very much! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!


I second the Flipper recommendation from Skinny


Album - Generic Flipper by Flipper

Also...


Superfuzz Bigmuff by Mudhoney


Youth Of America by Wipers


Is This Real? by Wipers


Guide To Better Living by Grinspoon


WACO by Violent Soho


Dumb Days by Tired Lion
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Your tastes aren't really mine, but maybe try:

babyBlueSedan wrote:
Husker Du and Dinosaur Jr sound like they might be up your alley. Start with these two:

Purplepash wrote:
I second the Flipper recommendation from Skinny
Also...


Thank you all very much for your input. I'll be taking my time to check them out!
_________________
Alive in the Superunknown
First, it steals your mind. And then it steals your... soul.
  • Quote
so should we put together a new ALC project or nah
  • Quote
Not really related to music but I have to ask. I assume most of us love this site because it's organized charts and ability to discover albums through decade charts and year charts which makes it incredibly intersting. So I'm asking this - do you guys know any site that ranks movies the similar way (charts and list of certain years/decades)?
_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote
Daydreamer wrote:
Not really related to music but I have to ask. I assume most of us love this site because it's organized charts and ability to discover albums through decade charts and year charts which makes it incredibly intersting. So I'm asking this - do you guys know any site that ranks movies the similar way (charts and list of certain years/decades)?

rateyourmusic has a good film rating community, but i think most people prefer letterboxd
  • Quote
Superunknown wrote:
Hi there,

As a pretty big fan of rock music, especially hardrock/grunge, I would like to know what artists/albums you whould recommend me to listen to. I would like to start with thanking you, because it seems to get a really long message.



great recs from Skinny & PurplePash, & BBS

Here's roughly how I'd tackle it based on what you've already listened to...

1. Dinosaur Jr. - Living All Over Me then Bug then s/t
2. Fugazi - Repeater then In On the Killtaker then 13 Songs
3. Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation then Sister then Goo
4. Black Flag - Damaged
5. Black Sabbath - Masters of Reality then s/t then Paranoid
6. Screaming Trees - Uncle Anesthesia then Sweet Oblivion
7. Alice In Chains - Dirt then Facelift
8. Pixies - Surfer Rosa then Come On Pilgrim then Trompe Le Monde
9. Minor Threat - Complete Discography (just a compilation of their two EPs)
10. Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
11. Flipper - Generic
12. Husker Du - Zen Arcade then New Day Rising
13. Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmouth then Every Boy Deserves Fudge then s/t
14. Wipers - Is This Real? then Youth of America
15. Melvins - Bullhead then Lysol then Houdini then Stoner Witch
  • Quote
Superunknown wrote:
I would like to know what artists/albums you whould recommend me to listen to.


Whatever you haven't heard from other users' suggestions are a mostly a must. I think you might also try Rodan's Rusty and pretty much anything from June of 44 and Bitch Magnet; I think they're up your alley and a great bridge to expanding your tastes in the future.


Link
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
so should we put together a new ALC project or nah


I'm down ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
so should we put together a new ALC project or nah


What's ALC? ๐Ÿค”

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 944945946 ... 982983984  Next
Page 945 of 984


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Random chat HigherThanTheSun Lounge
Let's just have a random video game chat Guest Lounge
Sticky the Random Chat and the "... Guest Suggestions
chat Guest Suggestions
Our Country Music Chat JOSweetHeart Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.