CLOSED- 2018 BTT- Orphan v Street Livin'

Goto page Previous  123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Song?
Ashley Monroe- Orphan:
71%
 71%  [10]
Black Eyed Peas- Street Livin':
28%
 28%  [4]
Total Votes : 14

  • Quote
I liked the orchestrality (If thatโ€™s a word) of the Monroe track as well
  • Quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
lyrically almost feels like a parody of conscious hip-hop.


Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that - it seems like they're just listing a bunch of topics without actually diving into any of them.

The Ashley Monroe song is really great.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
Ashley.
  • Quote
You know how the Razzies have that redemption award?
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Damn this is a tough one. In all honesty there is no losers in this bracket. For the former, that track was so good I need to check this record out. Having both orchestra hits and had some jazz rock underpinnings is so good. And this is a country artist? Damn, Kacey has some competition now.

But, my vote goes to Street Livin.

I find it funny that Street Livin felt like a parody of a political track because I felt without the music video, This Is America would be considered a parody of a political track especially since that track decided to have ad libs that undermine that song.
  • Quote
Quote:
Damn, Kacey has some competition now.

Her and Kacey have been trading blows in the country community (and on BEA sometimes) since they released these albums in the same year (2013):


Like A Rose by Ashley Monroe


Same Trailer Different Park by Kacey Musgraves

In fact, come to think of it, their follow-ups were also in the same year (2015):


The Blade by Ashley Monroe


Pageant Material by Kacey Musgraves
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
Quote:
Damn, Kacey has some competition now.

Her and Kacey have been trading blows in the country community (and on BEA sometimes) since they released these albums in the same year (2013):


Like A Rose by Ashley Monroe


Same Trailer Different Park by Kacey Musgraves

In fact, come to think of it, their follow-ups were also in the same year (2015):


The Blade by Ashley Monroe


Pageant Material by Kacey Musgraves


The hell? Honestly, I need to pay more attention to country music. Is there any other artist like them in the country scene? I mean I do know of Sturgill Simpson. But anyone else.
  • Quote
Quote:
The hell? Honestly, I need to pay more attention to country music. Is there any other artist like them in the country scene? I mean I do know of Sturgill Simpson. But anyone else.


Margo Price, but I think that's about it.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Quote:
The hell? Honestly, I need to pay more attention to country music. Is there any other artist like them in the country scene? I mean I do know of Sturgill Simpson. But anyone else.


Margo Price, but I think that's about it.

Definitely a lot more if you're really into the scene.
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:
yo kacey fans, don't worry, country ain't outta the competition just yet


Looks like it will go 1/1 then. ๐Ÿ˜‰
_________________
Some New Ordeal (Spotify/iTunes/Deezer)

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123  Next
Page 2 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED-2018 BTT RD2- Roaches v Orphan cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2018 BTT- The Morning After v... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2018 BTT- Freakquency v I don... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2018 BTT RD2- Dear Future Sel... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED-2018 BTT- Soon all Cities v Ch... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.