2020 albums

Goto page Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 565758  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote


Pick Me Up Off the Floor by Norah Jones

It's pretty much a so-so rehash of her debut album.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802


Last edited by Spyglass on 08/27/2020 19:33; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
You should put these in your queueโ€”


Mach's Hard Lemonade by Mach-Hommy


Last Year Was Weird, Vol. 2 by Tkay Maidza


Lira by Vic Bang

I don't have a whole bunch of other August recs though.



Gave the new Microphones record a spin. Not 100% sure what to think about it yet. Figured I'd get tired as it went along, but I think I ended up enjoying it more the further he dug in. Goes by bizarrely fast. Lyrics are very good and very Phil. It'll probably land pretty high on my 2020 list after another listen.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one already, so apologies if someone has (seems like something Hayden would be all over), but this is a really great mix of jazz and afrobeat that I just discovered yesterday. According to the Bandcamp page it's a collaboration started by South African musicians and includes contributions from Tony Allen, Shabaka Hutchings, and Yugen Blakrok (and others, but those were the names I recognized). Every track sounds different, there's a rap song amongst all the jazz and fantastic piano, flute, and horn solos. If you liked the Sons of Kemet album from last year be sure to give this a listen.


Keleketla! by Keleketla!
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one already, so apologies if someone has (seems like something Hayden would be all over), but this is a really great mix of jazz and afrobeat
Keleketla! by Keleketla!


In the queue. Just haven't given it a spin yet (I remember it being about 1h long or somethingโ€” I'll probably get on it this weekend). My 2020 queue is some 50 albums long :lol:. I haven't even given the new Blu & Exile a listen yet.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one already, so apologies if someone has (seems like something Hayden would be all over), but this is a really great mix of jazz and afrobeat
Keleketla! by Keleketla!


In the queue. Just haven't given it a spin yet (I remember it being about 1h long or somethingโ€” I'll probably get on it this weekend). My 2020 queue is some 50 albums long :lol:. I haven't even given the new Blu & Exile a listen yet.


It's about an hour long, but the last three songs are edits of other songs so you can probably skip them.

I also haven't gotten around to Blu & Exile despite their debut being one of my favorite hip hop albums. Hard to find time for an hour and a half of hip hop lately.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
Here are three albums I just added.


Motherhood by No Joy


Royal Swan by Phoxjaw


Pink Elephant by Stand Atlantic
  • Quote
babyBlueSedan wrote:


Keleketla! by Keleketla!

That oneโ€™s excellent, give it a listen everybody. And also itโ€™s less than 1 hour because the last few songs are alternate takes if I remember correctly. (Babyblue explained that part.) Around 40-45 minutes of excellent Afro Jazz/Fusion/Afrobeat
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
Y'all need to get on that Blu & Exile album, my current number 1.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Oh fuck I forgot there was a new Napalm Death.



I can't wait for its release.
_________________
Do it yourself and let me play my music: https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=61802
  • Quote

The Baby by Samia

Samia is finally releasing her long-awaited debut album today. I've been following her singles since 2016 and I've become a big fan. Her songwriting is stellar and this album delivers on all fronts. Incredible lyrics, beautiful voice, great tunes. If you're into Alt-Pop, this is one of the best this year.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 363738 ... 565758  Next
Page 37 of 58


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
2020 Albums JOSweetHeart Music
2020 albums rising more slowly on ove... hwex9000 Suggestions
2020's albums migl Suggestions
2020 Rank Scores PanheadWarrior Suggestions
BEA 2020/2021 Songs Tournament LedZep Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.