and I'm blown away. Free improv turntables/samplers/loopers/pads/drums but it's closer to the oddest tendencies of Madlib, FlyLo, Shadow, and Krush than anything associated with jazz or classical. Outsider party music. Hip hop montages. Electric fibrillations; palpitating drums; cocaine pulses. Don't wanna sample snitch, but guaranteed to crack a smile when you hear Lil Jon yell "sweat drop down my balls" in the middle of a blistering drum solo.
Good looking out, will check. Sounds super promising. Thanks. _________________ 2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
New Payroll Giovanni & Cardo is more technically precise, smooth as fuck, aspirational hustler music. It's amazing. _________________ 2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
L.W. by King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
Haven't seen anyone bring this up yet. Another great one from Gizz. This is a follow up to last year's "K.G." which itself was a followup to "Flying Microtonal Banana". More microtonal exploration. If you like Gizz, you'll probably like this one. If you don't, it's nothing revelatory, just more precise experimental rock from Australia's leading jam band _________________ 51 Washington, D.C. albums!
L.W. by King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
Haven't seen anyone bring this up yet. Another great one from Gizz. This is a follow up to last year's "K.G." which itself was a followup to "Flying Microtonal Banana". More microtonal exploration. If you like Gizz, you'll probably like this one. If you don't, it's nothing revelatory, just more precise experimental rock from Australia's leading jam band
Oh yeah! I've been digging this one over the past day! Great stuff!
Wasn't the biggest fan of KG, it was their least interesting album since Paper Mรขchรฉ Dream Balloon. The singles from LW were dope though, so hoping for the best. It's in the queue. _________________ Overall chart Fake overall chart
Wasn't the biggest fan of KG, it was their least interesting album since Paper Mรขchรฉ Dream Balloon. The singles from LW were dope though, so hoping for the best. It's in the queue.
Yeah I sort of agree except I think starting with Flying Microtonal Banana they released like 5 albums in the span of 6 months and the quality just wasn't there for all of them (though FMB and Polygondwanaland were both solid). But K.G. was billed as their return to microtonalism and it definitely paled in comparison to FMB.
Personally I think LW was better than KG but that's on 2 listens so far. "Pleura" was a highlight for me, followed by "Ataraxia" and "If Not Now, then When?".
I bought tickets to see them pretty much right when the pandemic hit and I've been waiting ever since. Fingers crossed for fall 2021, hopefully they don't cancel their North American tour _________________ 51 Washington, D.C. albums!
I bought tickets to see them pretty much right when the pandemic hit and I've been waiting ever since. Fingers crossed for fall 2021, hopefully they don't cancel their North American tour
Me too lol. When I bought the ticket I was hoping they were gonna play mostly stuff from Rats Nest... Itโs been a long time since then, and 2 additional albums. _________________ Overall chart Fake overall chart
Smile Inducing in the drunky haze of late Saturday night after all my friend's have long gone home? HELL YES!!! ๐
For those who love the Melvins, this is a fun romp! Haven't heard one of their new releases in years, but this definitely makes me want to spin a few more. Fun irreverent stuff.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum