Eric Clapton's in there three times, but how many riffs has he taken from artists who haven't been included once? Big Bill Broonzy wants a word :lol:
๐คฃ
Also I hate to say it, but I struggle to find Eric Clapton interesting. Cream, for me, for example, is "good" more because of the other members of the band... ๐คฃ
I feel like Eric Clapton is more like right place right time musician, not because he did anything interesting himself... somehow just rubbed shoulders with the right people. I mean from 100k feet, it sure feels that way.
baystateoftheartNeil Young as a butternut squashProfile Massachusetts
Also I hate to say it, but I struggle to find Eric Clapton interesting. Cream, for me, for example, is "good" more because of the other members of the band... ๐คฃ
I feel like Eric Clapton is more like right place right time musician, not because he did anything interesting himself... somehow just rubbed shoulders with the right people. I mean from 100k feet, it sure feels that way.
Also I hate to say it, but I struggle to find Eric Clapton interesting. Cream, for me, for example, is "good" more because of the other members of the band... ๐คฃ
I feel like Eric Clapton is more like right place right time musician, not because he did anything interesting himself... somehow just rubbed shoulders with the right people. I mean from 100k feet, it sure feels that way.
Very fair. Disraeli Gears is one of the most overrated albums in the rock canon imo.
Yeah it's not the best for sure. I do freaking love Sunshine of Your Love, arguably their best song, really is to be thanked to Jack Bruce, not Eric Crapton. (I'm kidding about the name, I don't hate him that much, but thought it funny).
RoundTheBendI miss the comfort in being sadProfile Ground Control
- Jay-Z
- Tina Turner
- Iron Maiden
- Chaka Khan
- Carole King
Quote:
Inducteesโ
Foo Fighters
The Go-Goโs
JAY-Z
Carole King
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner
I'm legit surprised Iron Maiden didn't make the cut, especially considering six were inducted. They feel like R&RHOF canon. Only interesting sidenote is Gil Scott-Heron is getting an 'early influence award'. Kraftwerk did as well, which feels like a weird cop out tbh. Should just be in the hall.
Looking at the first few pages, I don't think BEA will be too happy with this selection ๐คฃ (which was... predictable). _________________ Doubles & Conch
I was gonna say Foo Fighters seem to early, but then again, they've been around for over 2 decades now, about as long as Jay-Z's been making music. Funny how Jay's 90s albums seem so much farther away than Foo Fighters, idk.
I think the inductees make sense, shame about Chaka Khan and Fela Kuti not getting in but I'm sure they'll get there.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum