Album of the day (#3974): The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

The Queen Is Dead by The Smiths (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1986.
Country:
Overall rank: 19
Average rating: 88/100 (from 2641 votes).



Tracks:
1. The Queen Is Dead (Take Me Back To Dear Old Blighty (Medley))
2. Frankly, Mr. Shankly
3. I Know It's Over
4. Never Had No One Ever
5. Cemetry Gates
6. Bigmouth Strikes Again
7. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
8. Vicar In A Tutu
9. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
10. Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
Definitely not for me. It sounds dated and lyrically uninteresting to my ears. Won't bother hearing it ever again.

nice cover though.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
It's good ๐Ÿ˜Ž
_________________
Bob Dylan
Charles Mingus
  • Quote
I love this album more every time I listen to it. This is probably the peak new wave sound IMO. The gothic tinge over the seemingly bright melody lines is pure beauty. I Know It's Over is also in my top 20 favorite songs ever for sure but there are so many stand out tracks here.
  • Quote
Never heard of it.

Track picks
1. The Queen Is Dead (Take Me Back To Dear Old Blighty (Medley))
5. Cemetry Gates
6. Bigmouth Strikes Again
7. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
9. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
I never liked the Smiths until I got their sense of irony. Now I think they were brilliant. I guess this and the debut are the truly essential albums, but for me its all really good from this band.
  • Quote
this was a teenage bedroom favourite for me, six years after the album debuted
when I was a small kid I preferred the cure to the smiths
but as a teenager morrissey's angst and stuff, coupled with his wit, and marr's melodies, made for a heady brew
definitely a top two smiths album for me
their best studio album
i would place only hatful of hollow above it
louder than bombs would be third
  • Quote
Great record. The Smiths' debut had songs the equal of it, but was a bit muted in the production department. This is wonderfully produced and varied. It is of it's time, certainly, but I don't think that diminishes the quality. I love this band though, and probably always will, considering I discovered them at an impressionable time (as a teenager of about 14-15). So call me biased, if you like.
_________________
Top 40 Greatest Music Albums by indieshins

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
The Queen Is Dead is a mighty good al... Guest Music
[ Poll ] Builder Elimination #7: The Queen Is ... nachosbob Tournaments
[ Poll ] Loveless Vs The Queen Is Dead alelsupreme Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.