2022 Music

Goto page Previous  123 ... 678 ... 272829  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Daydreamer wrote:

Quote:
Overall a really strong start to 2022, there's 4 albums already that I could see having a very hard time edging out of the top 10.


Assuming Ants From Up There is one of those four, which would the other three be?

Repo wrote:
EyeKanFly wrote:


Overall a really strong start to 2022, there's 4 albums already that I could see having a very hard time edging out of the top 10.


Totally! So many killer albums by BIG artists back-to-back-to-back! That new Animal Collective album may be my favorite, BUT the Weeknd, FKA Twigs, Big Thief, Black Country New Road, Cat Power, Earl Sweatshirt, Mitski, & Cate Le Bon all have albums worthy of my Top Ten!!!

Mitski, Aboogi by Imarhan (mentioned earlier in this thread I believe), and Earl Sweatshirt (my favorite of his since Doris). The Weeknd was very good but probably not gonna stick around in my top 10 by the end of the year. FKA Twigs was fine but not great. I haven't listened to the others yet, Big Thief are great but they don't have a lot of replayability for me. I'm a little hesitant on Animal Collective, I used to love them but sort of stopped following them 6 years ago after Painting With which IMO was garbage. But I suppose they're local boys for me so I should consider checking it out. Cate Le Bon and Cat Power are on my to-do list
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
I can’t remotely get into the new Earl. Seems to have gone with cleaner, more straightforward beats yet also more abstract, awkward, impersonal rapping. Sounds like he’s trying to be billy woods, and it doesn’t work for me. I find it an utter chore, and largely forgettable to boot. I also had high hopes for The Weekend’s new one, but there’s something about those maximalist, very loud arena synths that just don’t do it for me - they’re way too obvious and masculine. Don’t get me wrong, there’s some interesting stuff going on elsewhere, but those massive, ugly, obnoxious synth sounds just make everything so one-note. There’s no sense of danger or dynamism. On a more positive note, Aoife O’Donovan’s latest was made up of pretty, and pretty competent, Joni Mitchell worship, with some cool, knotty arrangements and unexpected turns. It’s not likely to set the world alight, but it’s very agreeable. The new Saxon album is a lot of fun, if you’re into that sort of thing. And Cate Le Bon’s latest is a queasy, aqueous, slithering new wave masterpiece, reminiscent of late ‘70s Bowie and weird Joni and maybe even early Blue Nile and certainly ‘80s Mac and yes it is everything I need right now. I really enjoyed her last one, but this another huge leap forward in terms of songwriting and production. I’m by no means a particularly avid or prolific consumer of new music (anymore), so take with fistfuls of salt, but I doubt if I’ll hear anything as good as it in the rest of 2022.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote

So Far To Go by Cabu


My Smile Is Fake Too by Terrence?


Couldn't Dance To Save My Life by YNZN.P

Back-to-back chill. Rec lining them up. Think they cut to around an hour combined.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Woooah, wild. Wasn't expecting that. Looks/sounds legit, hoping we get some confirmation eventually. I'll get on it pronto (before it's lost again) 🤣

It'd be nice to have it on the site, but I think it's against our rules. (And... why is F# A# ∞ on BEA twice now? 🤔 )


—

Unrelated, but the new Yeule is an excellent record. I'm not going to give the massive track at the end a spin, but the 'album-y' part of it has some great cuts. Hoping people give her lyrics a read while listening to it... the production can cloud it up, but she's written some really lovely work.


It's now official, I just added it on BEA.
  • Quote
Mophos wrote:
Hayden wrote:
Woooah, wild. Wasn't expecting that. Looks/sounds legit, hoping we get some confirmation eventually. I'll get on it pronto (before it's lost again) 🤣

It'd be nice to have it on the site, but I think it's against our rules. (And... why is F# A# ∞ on BEA twice now? 🤔 )


—

Unrelated, but the new Yeule is an excellent record. I'm not going to give the massive track at the end a spin, but the 'album-y' part of it has some great cuts. Hoping people give her lyrics a read while listening to it... the production can cloud it up, but she's written some really lovely work.


It's now official, I just added it on BEA.

Awesome, it sounded too good to be illegitimate. Interesting that it's really just Efrim. Sounds a little more to me like Slow Riot rather than F#; I get Efrim's note that it's not related to Godspeed since it's really his project, and just had the Godspeed name before Godspeed was a thing really. Easy purchase for me, especially with the note on where the proceeds are going. I sometimes feel bad when music "leaks" and the band has to go into damage control mode. It's nice that this was something that was already very polished, and I'm glad we get to listen to it now. I'm glad they're making the most of it by posting it and donating the proceeds.
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
Lauren Talley will be releasing a new album this year. She's my favorite singer so that will definitely be the one I'm looking forward to the most this year. I can't wait. I keep checking online for any new information on it.
  • Quote

Black Tupi by Tim Soulman
This is pretty good. Would rec to anyone who's into samba soul, especially the more modern and polished versions of the style.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
Just dropping by to quickly say I gave the new Big Thief record a spin. It's excellent.

I mean, I think people know this, but.

2022's had quite the start.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Just dropping by to quickly say I gave the new Big Thief record a spin. It's excellent.

I mean, I think people know this, but.

2022's had quite the start.


Adrianne Lenker has been on fire so far this decade.

_______________________

Here's a couple underrated hip-hop albums this year:


Mood Swings by Real Bad Man & Smoke DZA

Only 20 minutes long but a quality east coast hip-hop release. Worth a spin.


BODR by Snoop Dogg

Maybe it's recency bias but I think this is Snoop Dogg's best album since Tha Last Meal, 22 years ago. He recently acquired Death Row Records so maybe he wanted this album to be a highlight in his discography. It is in my opinion.
_________________
Griselda, by Fashion Rebels
2020's Hip-Hop
2020's Country
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Just dropping by to quickly say I gave the new Big Thief record a spin. It's excellent.

I mean, I think people know this, but.

2022's had quite the start.


I second this.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 678 ... 272829  Next
Page 7 of 29


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
[ Poll ] 2022 BST Rd1: Sir Etok v Pepper cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2021-2022 NHL Season cestuneblague Lounge
[ Poll ] 2022 BST Rd1: Satellite from Days of ... cestuneblague Tournaments
Media Log 2022 Facetious Music Diaries

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.