What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 198761987719878 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

On The Beach by Neil Young
  • Quote
LittleM1971 wrote:

Kilimanjaro by The Teardrop Explodes


Thereโ€™s a blast from the past. Nice pick
  • Quote

Norman Fucking Rockwell! by Lana Del Rey
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
Quote:
Kilimanjaro by The Teardrop Explodes


Thereโ€™s a blast from the past. Nice pick


I was just listening to the original single version of "Sleeping Gas" on one of those 80's post-punk comps the other day, and I realized they were singing "Rafferty turn into a serial," not "Rockford he turned into a serial." I'd been hearing that wrong for over 50 years... probably not the only example of something I've been hearing wrong for 50 years, but it's still disconcerting each time that happens.

Anyhoozit:


The Great Lost No Ones Album by The No Ones
  • Quote

Sinner's Shrine by Dean Owens
  • Quote
[quote=
I was just listening to the original single version of "Sleeping Gas" on one of those 80's post-punk comps the other day, and I realized they were singing "Rafferty turn into a serial," not "Rockford he turned into a serial." I'd been hearing that wrong for over 50 years... probably not the only example of something I've been hearing wrong for 50 years, but it's still disconcerting each time that happens.
[/quote]

I find myself doing that all of the time, again, sometimes for decades. I even think, very occasionally that my misheard lyrics are better than the original.
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:
Quote:
I was just listening to the original single version of "Sleeping Gas" on one of those 80's post-punk comps the other day, and I realized they were singing "Rafferty turn into a serial," not "Rockford he turned into a serial." I'd been hearing that wrong for over 50 years... probably not the only example of something I've been hearing wrong for 50 years, but it's still disconcerting each time that happens.


I find myself doing that all of the time, again, sometimes for decades. I even think, very occasionally that my misheard lyrics are better than the original.


It's even worse when you can't do basic math anymore and say "over 50 years" when it's actually less than 43 years.
  • Quote

Doolittle by Pixies
  • Quote

This Is The Sea by The Waterboys

One of my seminal albums of the 1980โ€™s. Fabulous album which sounds as fresh today as it did nearly 40 years ago
  • Quote
MadhattanJack wrote:
Johnnyo wrote:
Quote:
I was just listening to the original single version of "Sleeping Gas" on one of those 80's post-punk comps the other day, and I realized they were singing "Rafferty turn into a serial," not "Rockford he turned into a serial." I'd been hearing that wrong for over 50 years... probably not the only example of something I've been hearing wrong for 50 years, but it's still disconcerting each time that happens.


I find myself doing that all of the time, again, sometimes for decades. I even think, very occasionally that my misheard lyrics are better than the original.


It's even worse when you can't do basic math anymore and say "over 50 years" when it's actually less than 43 years.


Thatโ€™s really sad. Whatโ€™s sadder for me is that I didnโ€™t spot it either.

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 198761987719878 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 19877 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.