Nice but don't see it worthy of the #1 ranking it currently has.
I think that's because there hasn't been a lot of good shoegazer stuff released so far this year, so people like me (if not me specifically) naturally just put it at the top of their year charts in a concentrated fashion because there's nothing else to put there that's equally shoegazey. The timing was right too, since it came out really early in the year and more people have had a chance to evaluate it.
The Lana Del Rey album will probably go to #1 by mid-July or so, if not earlier, but Parannoul might still be in the Top Ten in late December. There doesn't seem to be much else that's shoegazey (and good) in the hopper โ maybe a new My Bloody Valentine album, and there's going to be a new Temples album in April plus (supposedly) a Drop Nineteens reunion LP, but everything else I'm seeing (at least for the next 3-4 months) looks to be too obscure to make much of a dent. (And I know Temples isn't really a shoegaze act, but hey, I like them.)
Nice but don't see it worthy of the #1 ranking it currently has.
I think that's because there hasn't been a lot of good shoegazer stuff released so far this year, so people like me (if not me specifically) naturally just put it at the top of their year charts in a concentrated fashion because there's nothing else to put there that's equally shoegazey. The timing was right too, since it came out really early in the year and more people have had a chance to evaluate it.
The Lana Del Rey album will probably go to #1 by mid-July or so, if not earlier, but Parannoul might still be in the Top Ten in late December. There doesn't seem to be much else that's shoegazey (and good) in the hopper โ maybe a new My Bloody Valentine album, and there's going to be a new Temples album in April plus (supposedly) a Drop Nineteens reunion LP, but everything else I'm seeing (at least for the next 3-4 months) looks to be too obscure to make much of a dent. (And I know Temples isn't really a shoegaze act, but hey, I like them.)
Fair enough.
I love the new Lana Del Ray Album, 'Delaware' by Drop Nineteens and the Temples debut "Sun Structures' is in my top 10 of the 2010s. Good stuff.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum