What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 212352123621237 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
21:30

Inception by Hans Zimmer
  • Quote

Lechyd Da by Bill Ryder-Jones

The title is Scots-Gaelic for "Good Health," but that doesn't really explain anything.
  • Quote

True Story by New:Name
  • Quote

My Own Prison by Creed (2000s)
  • Quote

Lechyd Da by Bill Ryder-Jones
  • Quote

Them Crooked Vultures by Them Crooked Vultures

MY CHARTS:
Overall - #119
2000's - #25
2009 - #2


Link

_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
pedro1976 wrote:
Romanelli wrote:
pedro1976 wrote:
11:55

The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion by The Black Crowes

The Crowes are BACK - new song Waiting and Wanting up on youtube & a new album Happiness Bastards set for release on March 15...


Well...the Crowes are KINDA back. Only two members from that album cover above, and it's like their 4th return from the dead. And I don't care what band you are...you're never the same again after your band has had 25 different members (including 8 lead guitarists, 5 keyboard players and 5 drummers) in 35 years.


I hear ya Rom!
Peak Crowes for sure was Southern Harmony/Amorica era - to my ears anyway - new Frankencrowes song sounds kind of like they've reanimated an old outtake from 1992 - best I can say is it's not terrible - Marc Ford the Mick Taylor of this outfit..


You said Frankencrowes...you must know some people who are die hards! (I know a bunch of those myself...including my ex wife.)

I completely agree with you. Marc Ford is a BEAST. And the Crowes were never better than when he was there. Southern Harmony / Amorica...yes! The best albums! I have a trove of live shows from that period (thanks to my ex) that are mostly mindblowing (except when she's screaming). I saw them numerous times, including the very last Marc show in Colorado. I also saw them without him, including Warpaint era, and it never was at the same level. (Not to mention that Chris blew his voice out years ago and has never been the same).

I also have some real treasures...my ex used to go to the Malibu Inn once a week to see Marc Ford & The Sinners while he was out of the Crowes. I'm telling you...had he stuck with that band and brought in a real lead singer, he could have been HUGE. I have about a dozen or so Sinners shows that are positively facemelting performances. Taped, never officially released, bogged down by far too much time between songs, but his playing is outstanding. There are also shows at which Chris Robinson came and sat in...it's pretty remarkable stuff. And all officially unreleased.

Anyway...now playing Southern Harmony.

MY CHARTS:
Overall - #347
1990's - #88
1992 - #14
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle by Bill Callahan
  • Quote
07:30

Beatles For Sale by The Beatles
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
pedro1976 wrote:
Romanelli wrote:
pedro1976 wrote:
11:55

The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion by The Black Crowes

The Crowes are BACK - new song Waiting and Wanting up on youtube & a new album Happiness Bastards set for release on March 15...


Well...the Crowes are KINDA back. Only two members from that album cover above, and it's like their 4th return from the dead. And I don't care what band you are...you're never the same again after your band has had 25 different members (including 8 lead guitarists, 5 keyboard players and 5 drummers) in 35 years.


I hear ya Rom!
Peak Crowes for sure was Southern Harmony/Amorica era - to my ears anyway - new Frankencrowes song sounds kind of like they've reanimated an old outtake from 1992 - best I can say is it's not terrible - Marc Ford the Mick Taylor of this outfit..


You said Frankencrowes...you must know some people who are die hards! (I know a bunch of those myself...including my ex wife.)

I completely agree with you. Marc Ford is a BEAST. And the Crowes were never better than when he was there. Southern Harmony / Amorica...yes! The best albums! I have a trove of live shows from that period (thanks to my ex) that are mostly mindblowing (except when she's screaming). I saw them numerous times, including the very last Marc show in Colorado. I also saw them without him, including Warpaint era, and it never was at the same level. (Not to mention that Chris blew his voice out years ago and has never been the same).

I also have some real treasures...my ex used to go to the Malibu Inn once a week to see Marc Ford & The Sinners while he was out of the Crowes. I'm telling you...had he stuck with that band and brought in a real lead singer, he could have been HUGE. I have about a dozen or so Sinners shows that are positively facemelting performances. Taped, never officially released, bogged down by far too much time between songs, but his playing is outstanding. There are also shows at which Chris Robinson came and sat in...it's pretty remarkable stuff. And all officially unreleased.

Anyway...now playing Southern Harmony.

MY CHARTS:
Overall - #347
1990's - #88
1992 - #14


??
Will need to check out Marc Ford and The Sinners. Not heard any of their stuff... Sounds like I'm in for a treat..
I have the Burning Tree album, will dig that out for an airing today

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 212352123621237 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 21236 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.