The Great Revisitation Project: 2023-24 Edition

Goto page Previous  123 ... , 101112  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Spleen And Ideal by Dead Can Dance

April 24, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
This record starts incredibly suspenseful and I love it. This is a quintessential neoclassical darkwave album. If you told me to imagine was neoclassical darkwave sounded like before I heard it, Iโ€™d imagine the sound of this record. The soundscape is wide and the synths are very emotive. The bass lines are quite underrated. What a masterful album.


Rating: 94/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

ๆฐธ้ ใฎๆ„› [Everlasting Love] by t e l e p a t h ใƒ†ใƒฌใƒใ‚šใ‚ทใƒผ่ƒฝๅŠ›่€…


โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
I REALLY enjoyed this t e l e p a t h album. I think the album cover is also perfect. Sounds like an ambient sweet hotel dream. Itโ€™s fairly long, clocking in at 100 minutes. But itโ€™s pretty immersive and the sample choices are rather interesting. Excellent ambient music that is also free to download!


Rating: 93/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

Master Of Puppets by Metallica

April 25, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
This album is great and I certainly wonโ€™t deny itโ€™s acclaim and place in music history. But truthfully, I think this is my least favorite of the 80s Metallica albums. The aggression is great, but I think the mellow parts are kind of melodramatic. I also think โ€œLeper Messiahโ€ is kind of a pointless track. โ€œDisposable Heroesโ€ kicks ass, though!


Rating: 82/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum by Deathspell Omega

April 25, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
Yep, this was great. Itโ€™s a terrifying album about the decent to hell and its psychologic implications. If you loved Si monvmentvm, youโ€™ll love this, too. The advantage that this album has is that itโ€™s 4 meaty tracks plus a ritualistic intro and outro, totaling at 6 tracks in 44 minutes. Very good, complex, yet more digestible than its predecessor.


Rating: 92/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

ใ‚ขใƒณใƒ‰ใƒญใƒกใƒ€ [Andromeda] by t e l e p a t h ใƒ†ใƒฌใƒใ‚šใ‚ทใƒผ่ƒฝๅŠ›่€…

April 26, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
I find this to be a sister album to Everlasting Love. Maybe itโ€™s because they both feature a lone woman in the middle of the album cover and came out a year apart. Who knows. Andromeda is shorter at roughly 69 minutes and features more tracks. But itโ€™s still immersive slushwave beauty. Because itโ€™s a sister album in my eyes, I couldnโ€™t help but give it the same score, but my enjoyment was pretty much the same.


Rating: 93/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

ใ‚ขใƒžใƒ†ใƒฉใ‚น [Amaterasu] by t e l e p a t h ใƒ†ใƒฌใƒใ‚šใ‚ทใƒผ่ƒฝๅŠ›่€…

April 26, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
I do enjoy the general slushwave sound of t e l e p a t h which is why I rate a lot of his releases favorably. This one is probably the one album of his I find very very mildly overrated. Itโ€™s really hard to explain because itโ€™s very much in the same vein as his other acclaimed pieces, but I just canโ€™t get into it as much as Iโ€™d hope. I wish it was more ambient-y than funk. But itโ€™s still really good overall.


Rating: 77/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

Darkness Descends by Dark Angel

April 29, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
Deliciously excellent trash metal music. Revisiting this album is helping me realize that this is a metal masterpiece with no serious flaws. This album sounds excellent and the atmosphere is perfectly evil without being too theatrical. It is all killer and no filler. Likely one of the best metal albums I've ever heard, period.


Rating: 97/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

A Blaze In The Northern Sky by Darkthrone

May 9, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
That ritual ambient intro for "Kathaarian Life Code" (which is also how they close the album) is so chilling. I couldn't think of a more perfect intro to start a black metal record. One of the pioneering releases of black metal, particularly for the 2nd wave and how black metal stands today, A Blaze in the Northern Sky is still a frightening release, even to this day. While Darkthrone's death metal origins are still prevalant on this record (particularly in some of the slower riffs), the blast beats, artwork, vocal style, guitar tones, and themes are very much black metal. I forgot how kickass this record sounds too. It packs a punch. This isn't one of those lofi atmospheric black metal records with a notoriously thin sound. This record is full in sound and absolutely badass. There's not a bad track on here. It's a precise 42 minute, 6 track album that does not waste a moment. I think this is essential listening for any music fan who wants to understand what is out there.

I do want to share a fun memory I have about this album. I remember the initial rise in popularity with iTunes and mp3 based music. Around that time I was around 13-14yo and I was slowly dipping my toes into extreme metal, but it was mostly some mainstream metalcore and bands like Meshuggah and Gojira. While I was exploring iTunes, I somehow ended up on black metal and eventually found the artworks for this album and Transylvanian Hunger. I remember how creeped out I felt staring at the corpse paint figures. I listened to the samples on shitty computer speakers and thought, "Who the hell would listen to this?" Little did I know I would fall down the black metal rabbit hole in college, haha.


Rating: 97/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

Reign In Blood by Slayer

May 11, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
Slayer's most recognized work. It's blistering fast thrash metal with flares of death metal. "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood" are two of the most beloved thrash metal track ever, and for good reason. It is relentless, noisy evilness. There's not reason for a fan of their albums up to this point not to love this record. The highs are serious highs. While I do overall enjoyed the tracks of the record, I find most of the b-side, with the exception of "Raining Blood," to be mildly forgettable. But the A-side and the crown jewel finale is insane.


Rating: 86/100
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

Pรคrson Sound by Pรคrson Sound

May 12, 2024

โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ

Quote:
This release is not for everyone. It is a gargantuan 2 hour album of archived experimental jam band sessions from an old Swedish psychedelic rock band called Pรคrson Sound. The longest jam on here is 28 minutes. Technical skill certainly is not its strength. What I find this album so appealing is the mammoth sound and its surface energy. It's noisy and deeply psychedelic. It is meant to overwhelm you. This is no Jimi Hendrix or The Doors or Tame Impala psychedelic rock. This is raw experimental stuff that the audience of its time wasn't even ready for. Noisy music fans like me should definitely check this out. I proudly own the 3LP release and blast it loudly.


Rating: 95/100
_________________
...and for dessert!

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... , 101112  Next
Page 11 of 12


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
2023 End Of Year Lists PARTY!!! <... Repo Music Diaries
Great Artists Lacking Great Albums junodog4 Music
[ Poll ] BEUT #3: Ultimate Cage Fighting Edition Guest Tournaments
Best Ever Movies (3rd Edition) ZedsDead Tournaments
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.