Crate of cassettes

Goto page Previous  123456  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Girl At Her Volcano (1983) by Rickie Lee Jones

A bit of a mish mash. Three live recordings, a few studio tracks and some outtakes from sessions but, taking all of this into account, it's Rickie and it still oozes class.

Lacks consistency, as you would expect, but still a very nice listen
  • Quote

Rhythm And Romance (1985) by Rosanne Cash

I love Rosanne's voice but this album just doesn't grab me. Pleasant.
  • Quote

Gas Food Lodging (1985) by Green On Red

This was a nice find. Never in the league of other Paisley Underground bands like Dream Syndicate they were still a great live band and they produced some excellent studio albums.

This was their 4th and it's a great example of the bands' work.

Lead guitarist Chuck Prophet went on to make some outstanding solo albums which are well worth checking out
  • Quote

Give 'Em Enough Rope (1978) by The Clash

Many, in fact I'm sure most, will disagree, but this is my favourite Clash album. Love it

So glad that this is in the crate. i had a copy years ago, on vinyl, which got mislaid in a move I'm assuming. I now have another copy to listen to. Yeh!
  • Quote

Wave (1979) by Patti Smith Group

Nice to find this in the crate.
  • Quote

Western Standard Time (1988) by Asleep At The Wheel

This really not my thing and is going to get very little or no playing. Charity shop I think
  • Quote
Johnnyo wrote:

Western Standard Time (1988) by Asleep At The Wheel

This really not my thing and is going to get very little or no playing. Charity shop I think


If it's on CD, I'll take it. I love Asleep At The Wheel. Western Swing is a purely American thing. And this album has been out of print for 38 years. There's even a Willie Nelson vocal on the first track.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
  • ๐Ÿ‘ Romanelli
Romanelli wrote:
Johnnyo wrote:

Western Standard Time (1988) by Asleep At The Wheel

This really not my thing and is going to get very little or no playing. Charity shop I think


If it's on CD, I'll take it. I love Asleep At The Wheel. Western Swing is a purely American thing. And this album has been out of print for 38 years. There's even a Willie Nelson vocal on the first track.


It's on cassette Rom.

My mates dad and I shared similar musical tastes so my mate gave me a crate of cassettes. I had no idea what was in it so I'm going through the pre recorded tapes and letting people know what I find. Still loads to go. Enjoying playing cassettes again

You're right about it being a particularly American thing. I saw AATW at a festival last year. They were great musicians but the sound just doesn't do anything for me
  • Quote

Hiding (1979) by Albert Lee

A really nice surprise this one as I didn't know a lot about albert. great guitar playing and some lovely songs. A nice country tinge to it
  • Quote

American Dream (1988) by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

A flat and rather disappointing album especially when you consider the talent available on this album. A shame because there is some potential here but it's let down all around.

Mediocre songs, lacklustre playing and sloppy production.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123456  Next
Page 3 of 6


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
CDs vs. Cassettes vs. Vinyl vs. 8-tra... mooseboy101 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.