Finnegans Wake

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I successfully found an online version of the book with annotations:

http://www.finwake.com/

I like that "cycle" idea of the book, where the ending of the book leads onto the beginning again, or something like that, which I tried a long time ago.

(By the way, I love Shaw too! Pygmalion anyone?)
  • Quote
Contained within Finnegans Wake was supposed to be a History of the World,that was Joyces plan,some of his work does almost read like a reference book,interesting to note that by the time Finnegans Wake was published Joyce was famous and rich almost solely due to the scandal concerning the 'naughty bits' in Ulysses.
  • Quote
maxpower wrote:
Contained within Finnegans Wake was supposed to be a History of the World,that was Joyces plan,some of his work does almost read like a reference book,interesting to note that by the time Finnegans Wake was published Joyce was famous and rich almost solely due to the scandal concerning the 'naughty bits' in Ulysses.


๐Ÿ˜ Hey, interesting.
You know, if I ever make a band, then I'll probably name it after a word in Finnegans Wake. ๐Ÿค” i.e. "Humptyhillhead", "Mishe mishe", "Offwall", "A Bland Old Isaac", "Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk", etc.
There are also album title ideas: "From Swerve of Shore to Bend of Bay", "Tumptytumtoes", "Upturnpikepointandplace", "Oftwhile Balbulous, Mithre Ahead", "Sendday's Eve and, Ah, You're Vinegar!", "Hahahaha, Mister Funn, You're Going to Be Fined Again!", "Killykillkilly", "Boomeringstroms", "What Strawng Voice of False Jiccup", "Aquaface", "Riverrun, Past Eve and Adam's", etc.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Personally, I've never read more than a few parts of it, but I plan to read the whole thing soon.


I've been telling myself this for the last ten years.


๐Ÿ˜ฒ




























































๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
Hmm, I've noticed something about James Joyce's books: they sound a whole lot better when you read them aloud. Particularly Finnegans Wake is really enjoyable. Hey, who cares whether I understand even a single word of it? I'll just read it aloud to myself, it'll be fun!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] God Only Knows vs. Wake Up revolver94 Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.