Top 10 songs by women songwriters

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I called this Top 10 Songs, but most of these people wrote too many great ones and it's too hard to pick just one, so it's actually Top 20 songs. But you could put as many as you want. You can put less than 10 if you want to.

Free Man in Paris, Both Sides Now. .. Joni Mitchell
Kimberly, Distant Fingers.. Patti Smith
On Broadway, We Gotta Get Out of This Place.... Cynthia Weil
White Rabbit, Somebody to Love.... Grace Slick
Pleasant Valley Sunday, It's Too Late... Carole King
I Can Hear Music, Baby I Love You... Ellie Greenwich
At Seventeen... Janis Ian
Running Up That Hill, The Dreaming.... Kate Bush
Stoney End, Stoned Soul Picnic... Laura Nyro
Look What They Done To My Song, Ma... Melanie
Kosmic Blues.... Janis Joplin
That's the Way I've Always Heard it Should Be, We Have No Secrets... Carly Simon
  • Quote
1. Bjork - Hyper-Ballad
_________________
All time

2000's
1990's
1980's
1970's
1960's
  • Quote
Melanie - Beautiful People
Jenny Beeching - Whiskey and Brandy
Kate Bush - Running up that Hill
Janis Ian - At Seventeen
Carly Simon - Youโ€™re so vain
Joni Mitchel - Woodstock
Jane Brody - Every Dream Is of You
Carol King - Itโ€™s too late
Brenda Kahn - Grout
Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust
_________________
When the stewardess is near do not show any fear.
  • Quote
Liedzeit wrote:
Melanie - Beautiful People
Jenny Beeching - Whiskey and Brandy
Kate Bush - Running up that Hill
Janis Ian - At Seventeen
Carly Simon - Youโ€™re so vain
Joni Mitchel - Woodstock
Jane Brody - Every Dream Is of You
Carol King - Itโ€™s too late
Brenda Kahn - Grout
Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust


You are awesome. It's not just everybody who knows what a good song is. But you do. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
1. Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now (honorable mention to Big Yellow Taxi)
2. Carole King - Another Pleasant Valley Sunday (honorable mention to It's Too Late)
3. Stevie Nicks - Silver Spring (honorable mention to Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, Rhiannon, The Chain, and Has Anybody Ever Written Anything For You)
4. Grace Slick (with Pete Sears) - Play on Love (honorable mention to Lather)
5. Ann Wilson - Barracuda
6. Crissy Hynde - Middle of the Road
7. Florence Welch - Ship to Wreck
8. Diane Birch - Nothing But a Miracle
9. Loreena McKennitt - The Mummer's Dance
10. Billie Holiday - Stormy Blues

sorry, I can't stop... goin' for 15

11. Carly Simon - The Way I Always Heard it Should Be
12. Janis Joplin - One Good Man (honorable mention to Kozmic Blues
13. KT Tunstall - Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
14. Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
15. Roberta Flack - Where is the Love
  • Quote
Suprised no one has mentioned โ€œWuthering Heightsโ€ by Kate Bush. One of the best songs ever made IMHO.
  • Quote
Fischman wrote:
1. Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now (honorable mention to Big Yellow Taxi)
2. Carole King - Another Pleasant Valley Sunday (honorable mention to It's Too Late)
3. Stevie Nicks - Silver Spring (honorable mention to Landslide, Gold Dust Woman, Rhiannon, The Chain, and Has Anybody Ever Written Anything For You)
4. Grace Slick (with Pete Sears) - Play on Love (honorable mention to Lather)
5. Ann Wilson - Barracuda
6. Crissy Hynde - Middle of the Road
7. Florence Welch - Ship to Wreck
8. Diane Birch - Nothing But a Miracle
9. Loreena McKennitt - The Mummer's Dance
10. Billie Holiday - Stormy Blues

sorry, I can't stop... goin' for 15

11. Carly Simon - The Way I Always Heard it Should Be
12. Janis Joplin - One Good Man (honorable mention to Kozmic Blues
13. KT Tunstall - Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
14. Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
15. Roberta Flack - Where is the Love


Awesome. I wish I would have remembered Chrissie Hynde. I would have picked Back on the Chain Gang and Mystery Achievement.
  • Quote
Wow, I am surprised that Dolly Parton has not been mentioned until now.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
DJTommy wrote:
Suprised no one has mentioned โ€œWuthering Heightsโ€ by Kate Bush. One of the best songs ever made IMHO.


Agree. I considered it but I chose running up that hill and the dreaming instead. Only because I like them better. But Wuthering Heights is just as good.
  • Quote
Luca

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
American Songwriters Magazine Top 50 ... samistake2ice Music
Who are your favorite songwriters ever? summerallthetime Music
Who are the best songwriters of all t... bobbyb5 Music
Best Songwriters Redux [August 26] BozoTyrannus Tournaments
[ Poll ] Best Songwriters 4: Score and Seven Y... BozoTyrannus Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.