2000s BST Rd1: The Strokes v The Microphones

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Song?
The Strokes- Hard to Explain:
53%
 53%  [14]
The Microphones- I Want Wind to Blow:
46%
 46%  [12]
Total Votes : 26

  • Quote
THE STROKES- HARD TO EXPLAIN


Link


Repping: New York City


Captain: Tap





VS



THE MICROPHONES- I WANT WIND TO BLOW


Link


Repping: Washington State


Captain: Meccalecca

  • Quote
You can't make me choose between these two.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
Microphones are growing on me...but it's Strokes by the width of a pair of skinny jeans.
  • Quote
Hard to Explain is growing on me but at with Being in Love and Grindin out of the running the only way I'll vote against The Microphones is if it's up against one of my nominees.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
You can't make me choose between these two.
  • Quote
I'm not willing to vote against my pick here, no matter how perfect "Hard To Explain" is. "Hard To Explain" is my favorite Strokes song, and one of my favorite straight up rockers of the 21st Century. it's damn near perfect.

"I Want To Blow Wind" is one of the most profound pieces of lo-fi recording I've ever heard. If you have a chance, I highly recommend the Song Exploder podcast about "I Want To Blow Wind". It's such a great listen, and provides even more perspective on the tune. I also just recommend Song Exploder in general. It's one of the best music podcasts you'll find.

http://songexploder.net/the-microphones
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
Not gonna' drop the mic on this one.... sorry Strokes.
  • Quote
Bump
  • Quote
Together with the queens, the Strokes made one of the best straight rock albums and this is the best one of that album so even if the Microphones track is good I just have to vote for the Strokes. Btw Thx for the podcast tip Meccalecca, there are some great bands gathered there.
  • Quote
The Sums

Hard to Explain 14-11

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Closed- 2000s best song Play-in: Jayz... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST Rd32: The Strokes v... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2000s BST Rd2: Life Without Buildings... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] Closed- 2000s BST play-in: Strokes v ... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2000s BST S16: Juana Molina v The Str... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.