Hail Yourself

Goto page 123 ... 91011  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I miss BEA so I figured I'd perhaps revitalize my forum activity with a new music diary. Let's start with an drone-ambient album with some interesting album art:


Ornitheology by Chubby Wolf

I already commented on the album, so I'll just copy and paste it here:

"For how minimal and how long this two-track album is, it really does provide some peaceful, soothing, and emotionally-evoking ambient & drone. Don't let the album art distract or dissuade you because I recommend giving this one listen if you're an ambient music fan."
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Happy belated birthday Anti. Also might give this a listen as well.
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
Happy belated birthday Anti. Also might give this a listen as well.


Many thanks! ๐Ÿ˜„ And I hope you enjoy it!
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
No problem.
  • Quote
I've listened to a good deal of Chubby Wolf. It verges on the static side of the ambient soundscape, but it's always well made. Shame she passed. Her husband, Will Long, makes about 5 albums a year under the name "Celer", which was something that they did together. Apparently one of his from this year was pretty good, but I didn't give it a listen yet.

Xiรจxie by Celer
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I've listened to a good deal of Chubby Wolf. It verges on the static side of the ambient soundscape, but it's always well made. Shame she passed. Her husband, Will Long, makes about 5 albums a year under the name "Celer", which was something that they did together. Apparently one of his from this year was pretty good, but I didn't give it a listen yet.

Xiรจxie by Celer


Oh my, I had no idea she passed. That's really unfortunate ๐Ÿ™ but I'll give this record a shot
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
On a totally opposite note, I must thank the legendary Lowkey because his overall chart is FILLED with hidden gems. Here is one album I picked from it, not so much a "hidden gem" per say since it's bolded on RYM, but it isn't a super common album either:


From Here We Go Sublime by The Field

I want to listen to this record while on ecstasy in a club. It's labelled as "minimal techno," but if we are strictly going by dictionary definitions I disagree with that label because every song feels so vivid and (positively) overwhelming. This is some fast paced, trance-inducing house techno. Very repetitive but it's absolutely to its benefit. Each song feels like a dopamine rush and I feel like blasting this album at full volume with some psychedelic and vivid visuals, bright strobe lights, and a crowd of people dancing would be a perfect time.
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote
Anti wrote:
On a totally opposite note, I must thank the legendary Lowkey because his overall chart is FILLED with hidden gems. Here is one album I picked from it, not so much a "hidden gem" per say since it's bolded on RYM, but it isn't a super common album either:


From Here We Go Sublime by The Field

I want to listen to this record while on ecstasy in a club. It's labelled as "minimal techno," but if we are strictly going by dictionary definitions I disagree with that label because every song feels so vivid and (positively) overwhelming. This is some fast paced, trance-inducing house techno. Very repetitive but it's absolutely to its benefit. Each song feels like a dopamine rush and I feel like blasting this album at full volume with some psychedelic and vivid visuals, bright strobe lights, and a crowd of people dancing would be a perfect time.


Dude while that is an excellent album from 2007, I'd argue they hit even higher highs. I'd recommend there 2018 album Infinite Moment. That record sounds like the personification on being on drugs. Also I'm doing this since it was over a year when I recommended Campfire Headphase to you and needed to give another album. Also that Chubby Wolf album is great.
  • Quote
Luigii wrote:
Dude while that is an excellent album from 2007, I'd argue they hit even higher highs. I'd recommend there 2018 album Infinite Moment. That record sounds like the personification on being on drugs. Also I'm doing this since it was over a year when I recommended Campfire Headphase to you and needed to give another album. Also that Chubby Wolf album is great.


!!! This is very good to hear!! I'll check it out sometime this weekend!!
_________________
...and for dessert!
  • Quote

Depths by Windy And Carl

Windy & Carl are a drone, ambient, shoegaze, dream pop, space rock (I think I got it all) duo that I want to love but I always fall short. Don't get me wrong, they have some great albums, but they don't reach that point of my enjoyment where they really stick into my memory and I either want to chart or are really close to charting. Their Dream of Blue EP comes very close to that tier and this album right here, Depths, comes very close as well. Very very pretty drone/ambient space rock, shoe gaze, dream pop, whatever you want to call it. It's very textured and soothing, making it an excellent study album that's just cozy enough for the winter.
_________________
...and for dessert!

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123 ... 91011  Next
Page 1 of 11


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED - 2KT Rd.1 - Over vs Hail Horr... Defago Tournaments
[ Poll ] Since I Left You vs Hail to the Thief Guest Tournaments
User Pick #109: All Hail West Texas [... Goodsir Music
World album of the day (#300): Hail H... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#411): Hail To The ... BestEverAlbums Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.