I'm probably a dork for thinking this, but I feel like metal bands are sometimes kind of funny which is even more funny because they really are just trying to be dark, but it turns laughable for me cuz it sounds like one of these guys is their lead singer.
So if that's true, which one would be your favorite metal singer... and if you do vote, which character best describes which real band (jokes are most welcome).
Gollum
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
Darth Sidious
Joffrey Baratheon
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
Pennywise The Clown
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
Hans Landa
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
Lord Voldemort
Jigsaw
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
The Joker
Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.
Last edited by RoundTheBend on 12/14/2019 23:17; edited 2 times in total
Leaning towards Gollum, but I can't help but feel he'd only use about six words, and he'll really have to work on utilizing his rasp for his singing chops.
Definitely not Hans Landa or Baratheon. Hans even as a choice is kinda weird.
Anton Chigurh could probably whip up some black metal/southern country crossover worth listening to though.
hehe - yeah Gollum actually comes up a lot when I listen to metal - sometimes it is 6 words and sometimes does indeed sound like Gollum, to me at least.
Anton Chigurh... now I could get on board with some of that... there likely already is someone like that, but something isn't coming to mind right now.
Hans was for all the fascist metal bands and Baratheon was for the whiney hair metal bands... closest thing I could think of for Axel Rose... (Glam Metal)
FischmanRockMonster, JazzMeister, Bluesboy,ClassicalMasterProfile Land of Enchantment
Gollum all the way, and I would appreciate any recommendations on bands/singers that actually do sound like him. Even better if they sing, โmyyyy PRECIOUS!!โ Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh.., _________________ follow me on the bandcamp.
ahahahahahaha - I now know the worst record ever recorded. It's too bad he didn't actually execute a true metal sound cuz that'd actually be awesome/creepy.
But yeah wasn't asking for the equivalent of Okilly Dokilly.
Gollum so far for the win (two votes in the comments at least), but hey, a pretty even spread for a few others too!
On a serious note, does anyone else struggle to take lead singers seriously when they sound like Gollum or Darth Sidious or is that just me?
Sometimes the "overproduction" of some metal groups makes it sound a bit too canned just like bad pop music too (there's good pop music, don't get me wrong) - anyone care to comment?
Part of me is like, I want to understand and then part of me just realizes taste is just different and that's ok.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum