Album of the day (#3637): Ready To Die

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Ready To Die by The Notorious B.I.G. (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1994.
Country:
Overall rank: 281
Average rating: 81/100 (from 688 votes).



Tracks:
1. Intro
2. Things Done Changed
3. Gimme The Loot
4. Machine Gun Funk
5. Warning
6. Ready To Die
7. One More Chance
8. Fuck Me (Interlude)
9. The What (Feat. Method Man)
10. Juicy
11. Everyday Struggle
12. Me & My Bitch
13. Big Poppa
14. Respect
15. Friend Of Mine
16. Unbelievable
17. Suicidal Thoughts

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
I'm a 2Pac guy and I admit this is a hip hop milestone. But personally, half of the songs REALLY drags as filler idc.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
I love it when you call me Big Poppa

There's some filler, but not much worse than a lot of 90s >1hr hip hop albums. It's a stone cold classic.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
DommeDamian wrote:
But personally, half of the songs REALLY drags as filler idc.


Half? I'll admit, I'd cut Fuck Me, Me And My Bitch, and shave about a minute off the intro, but otherwise.

Everyday Struggle's aged fantastically. Bizarre to think Giuliani (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm) got a name drop on this.
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Bizarre to think Giuliani (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm) got a name drop on this.


Yeah, and crazy that he predicted 9/11 too.
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Bizarre to think Giuliani (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm) got a name drop on this.


Not that surprising that a New York rapper would namedrop the current mayor.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Half? I'll admit, I'd cut Fuck Me, Me And My Bitch, and shave about a minute off the intro, but otherwise.

Everyday Struggle's aged fantastically. Bizarre to think Giuliani (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm) got a name drop on this.


Yea half! It's not that I would cut 'em, I just don't listen to them 'cause I don't like them, that's all.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
I live for the funk! I'll die for the funk!


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbLRZCExBk

Dammit. I can't do that on a phone.

Well you should know it's the Lords of The Underground and my namesake. Courtesy of Machine Gun Funk.

(BTW this a nearly perfect album.)
  • Quote
I used to think that this was better than Life After Death, but turns out it isn't. Still great, mind.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
I used to think that this was better than Life After Death, but turns out it isn't. Still great, mind.


Why Life After Death is considered so far 'behind' this album has always come across as slightly odd. Ten Crack Commandments, Notorious Thugs, Kick In The Door, You're Nobody ('Til Somebody Kills You), Sky's The Limit, I Got A Story To Tell, etc... all great cuts.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Aus Album Of The Day #3: Renรฉe Geyer... videoheadcleaner Music
Ladies and Gentelmen : get ready for ... cartoken Music
[ Poll ] BEMV - R1: Lloyd I'm Ready lost to 1234 videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.