CLSD2025 Song T: Burial v Heavensouls

View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Song?
Burial- Comafields:
57%
 57%  [8]
Heavensouls- Jafars:
42%
 42%  [6]
Total Votes : 14

  • Quote
BURIAL- COMAFIELDS Ponymaster: GabeDividesByAKitchenSink


Link



Repping: London


V


HEAVENSOULS- JAFARS Ponymaster: Kokkinos


Link



Repping: Houston


Last edited by cestuneblague on 04/08/2026 17:25; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
I naturally voted for Burial. However, I really enjoyed Jafars and I might give the album a listen.
  • Quote
Avant-Garde Free Jazz and Sound collage. The album is New York Fall, 1977 by Heavensoul. For those who enjoy this genre, it's definitely something I recommend.
  • Quote
I'm probably in the minority (haven't entered my vote yet so don't know for sure) but I'm going for Heavensouls.

I hadn't heard of them until hearing this and I really like it. Great stuff
  • Quote
Bump
  • Quote
cestuneblague wrote:

HEAVENSOULS- JAFARS
Repping: Houston


And born in Nigeria if I may add.
Fun fact: I briefly considered nominating Star (27 minutes) instead of Jafars, which I assume would have made this a record-breaking match-up in terms of songs' length (39+ minutes in total!).

Burial remains consistent as ever, but it's a bit sad we're getting GTA VI before a full album by Burial. It's been almost 20 years now...
_________________
Bob Dylan
Charles Mingus
  • Quote
Heavensouls is one of my major blind spots from 2025 and this song is absolutely incredible. Thought it'd be a vote for Burial by default, the man can do no wrong and Comafields is one of his best recent tracks, but now I'll have to think long and hard about this match.

kokkinos wrote:
Fun fact: I briefly considered nominating Star (27 minutes) instead of Jafars, which I assume would have made this a record-breaking match-up in terms of songs' length (39+ minutes in total!).

Isn't there a rule for not allowing >20min songs? Or did I just make that up? Anyway thanks kokkinos for making me listen to heavensouls it was long overdue.
_________________
Overall chart
Fake overall chart

2020s
  • Quote
LedZep wrote:
Heavensouls is one of my major blind spots from 2025 and this song is absolutely incredible. Thought it'd be a vote for Burial by default, the man can do no wrong and Comafields is one of his best recent tracks, but now I'll have to think long and hard about this match.

Isn't there a rule for not allowing >20min songs? Or did I just make that up? Anyway thanks kokkinos for making me listen to heavensouls it was long overdue.


No idea to be honest, but it definitely sounds feasible that such a rule could exist.
And yeah, it's cool that BEA has been enjoying heavensouls.
_________________
Bob Dylan
Charles Mingus
  • Quote
Going Burialโ€”
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Burial keeps... Burying the competition 8-6

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Song Quote Suggestions JohnnyRocketFingers Suggestions
[ Poll ] CLSD2025 Song T: Rosalia v Polygonia cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLSD2025 Song T: Tournapike Troubadou... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLSD2025 Song T: Ninajirachi v Turnstile cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLSD2025 Song T: Ayleen Valentine v C... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.