The Band

View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Romanelli
Bone Swah


Gender: Male
Location: The Spokane Valley
United States
Moderator

  • #1
  • Posted: 10/25/2021 04:19
  • Post subject: The Band
  • Reply with quote
When trying to add artist The Band to a chart, these are the options given:

Click to add Bandits Of The Acoustic Revolution to your chart
Click to add Super Rail Band Of The Buffet Hotel De La Gare De Bamako, Mali to your chart
Click to add Johnny Johnson And The Bandwagon to your chart
Click to add Wille & The Bandits to your chart
Click to add Robson Banda And The New Black Eagles to your chart
Click to add Preservation Hall Jazz Band And The Del McCoury Band to your chart
Click to add Bob Dylan & The Band to your chart
Click to add Horse The Band to your chart
Click to add Kid Rock & The Twisted Brown Trucker Band to your chart
Click to add Brant Bjork And The Low Desert Punk Band to your chart

The Band is not given as an option.
_________________
May we all get to heaven
'Fore the devil knows we're dead...
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor


Gender: Male
Location: Spain
Site Admin

  • #2
  • Posted: 10/25/2021 08:10
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Thanks Romanelli, I'll check into (not sure if that's suddenly started happening, or been happening for a while, but no recent changes made). I'll check to see if maybe there's some other issue causing this.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash



Age: 27
Location: Massachusetts
United States

  • #3
  • Posted: 10/31/2021 17:33
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Related issue - I wanted to add a 2021 record by The Alchemist to the database (This Thing Of Ours 2), but couldn't do that without creating a new artist, because only collabs were showing up. I thought a workaround of selecting an existing album by him and then changing the title might do the trick, but it created a new artist anyway.
_________________
Add me on RYM
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Romanelli
Bone Swah


Gender: Male
Location: The Spokane Valley
United States
Moderator

  • #4
  • Posted: 10/31/2021 17:45
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
Related issue - I wanted to add a 2021 record by The Alchemist to the database (This Thing Of Ours 2), but couldn't do that without creating a new artist, because only collabs were showing up. I thought a workaround of selecting an existing album by him and then changing the title might do the trick, but it created a new artist anyway.


As for a workaround...if the artist name doesn't come up, as is the case with The Alchemist, enter the artist number. When adding an album to a chart, instead of the artist name, enter 13577. The Alchemist will come up as the only option for you to use.
_________________
May we all get to heaven
'Fore the devil knows we're dead...
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash



Age: 27
Location: Massachusetts
United States

  • #5
  • Posted: 10/31/2021 17:57
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Romanelli wrote:
As for a workaround...if the artist name doesn't come up, as is the case with The Alchemist, enter the artist number. When adding an album to a chart, instead of the artist name, enter 13577. The Alchemist will come up as the only option for you to use.


Thanks for the tip!

I think it would be useful to have some sort of "see more" feature when there are more than ten matching results.
_________________
Add me on RYM
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
albummaster
Janitor


Gender: Male
Location: Spain
Site Admin

  • #6
  • Posted: 11/01/2021 10:38
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
baystateoftheart wrote:
Thanks for the tip!

I think it would be useful to have some sort of "see more" feature when there are more than ten matching results.

that's a good idea, I'll add that one to list
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Best band of the last 10 years? (Band... Ryanb23 Music
Album of the day (#1928): The Band by... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#3193): The Band by... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#1044): The Band by... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#352): The Band by ... albummaster Music

 
Back to Top