The Pinkerton Diaries

View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3


Gender: Female
Age: 28
Location: Chicago
United States

  • #1
  • Posted: 11/11/2011 19:29
  • Post subject: The Pinkerton Diaries
  • Reply with quote
http://riverscuomo.cinderblock.com/

Quote:
Today, after a bit of a delay, he announced the release of Alone III, which comes with The Pinkerton Diaries, a 237-page book that collects his "journals, emails, letters, photos, and school papers" from the Pinkerton era. The CD/book package, available at Cuomo's site, provides "an intimate look into the writing and recordings of Rivers Cuomo from 1994-1997."


Anyone else considering getting this?

As much as I love Pinkerton (it's my favorite album of all time), $75 is a heck of a lot of money, especially just for a CD and booklet. Especially since finances in my family are a bit tight this Holiday season.

That being said, it certainly is a tempting item.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
GARY




Brunei Darussalam

  • #2
  • Posted: 11/11/2011 23:49
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
You stated (it's my favorite album of all time), Applerill.

IMO it would be worth the money for you then would it not?

I've spent rather insane amounts of $ on Beatles items Laughing

But they are treasures to me Very Happy

.
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3


Gender: Female
Age: 28
Location: Chicago
United States

  • #3
  • Posted: 11/12/2011 00:23
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
GARY wrote:
You stated (it's my favorite album of all time), Applerill.

IMO it would be worth the money for you then would it not?

I've spent rather insane amounts of $ on Beatles items Laughing

But they are treasures to me Very Happy

.


I guess you have a point there.

I had a similar dilemma a few years back with Little Earthquakes and Blue Album vinyls. They costed $30 each, but while they were my favorite albums ever at the time, I never made the jump to do that, mostly because I haven't bothered to set my turntable up in years.

I did buy Funeral and ItAOtS vinyls, though Razz
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
newbands1



Gender: Male

  • #4
  • Posted: 12/30/2011 10:08
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Had to bump this.Just to let those who only wanted to hear the songs and not pay such an insane amount.The whole album has been uploaded on to youtube.

youtubedotcom/user/WeenerWinston

Give it a listen.


Last edited by newbands1 on 12/30/2011 13:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Facetious



Gender: Male
Age: 22
Location: Somewhere you've never been
Pakistan

  • #5
  • Posted: 12/30/2011 11:45
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Pinkerton DIARIES? Wow, that must be a tempting item, I agree. Especially for the BIG Pinkerton fans. I think I should listen to it someday. I should listen to a LOT of albums that I haven't yet listened to.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
  • Visit poster's website
newbands1



Gender: Male

  • #6
  • Posted: 12/30/2011 13:48
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Pinkerton DIARIES? Wow, that must be a tempting item, I agree. Especially for the BIG Pinkerton fans. I think I should listen to it someday. I should listen to a LOT of albums that I haven't yet listened to.


The album is actually called Alone III

weezerpedia.dotcom/wiki/index.php?title=Alone_III:_The_Pinkerton_Years

And since i don't have enough posts to give links i have to resort to using dotcom
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Facetious



Gender: Male
Age: 22
Location: Somewhere you've never been
Pakistan

  • #7
  • Posted: 12/30/2011 15:16
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
newbands1 wrote:
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
Pinkerton DIARIES? Wow, that must be a tempting item, I agree. Especially for the BIG Pinkerton fans. I think I should listen to it someday. I should listen to a LOT of albums that I haven't yet listened to.


The album is actually called Alone III

weezerpedia.com/wiki/index.php?title=Alone_III:_The_Pinkerton_Years

And since i don't have enough posts to give links i have to resort to using dotcom


No, I know about Alone III, I mean the album called Pinkerton.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
  • Visit poster's website
Facetious



Gender: Male
Age: 22
Location: Somewhere you've never been
Pakistan

  • #8
  • Posted: 12/30/2011 15:17
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
newbands1 wrote:
Had to bump this.Just to let those who only wanted to hear the songs and not pay such an insane amount.The whole album has been uploaded on to youtube.

[url]youtube.com/user/WeenerWinston[/url]

Give it a listen.


Hmmmmm.........lemme think about this.... Think
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
  • Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
[ Poll ] Music Diaries Subforum sp4cetiger Suggestions
[ Poll ] Best Post-Pinkerton Albums LebowskiRams Music
Album of the day (#896): Pinkerton by... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#381): Pinkerton by... albummaster Music

 
Back to Top