Political/Religious Random Chat

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Guest





  • #1
  • Posted: 08/12/2013 13:49
  • Post subject: Political/Religious Random Chat
  • Reply with quote
Y'know, same as the other random chats, except for topics that are political or religious and don't belong elsewhere. I thought it could be useful.

Anyway, I was prompted to make this thread by the discovery of this lovely gem. I can't say that I'm that surprised, but it is somewhat shocking to see the number of ways people in power will find to force their beliefs on others.
Back to top
Guest





  • #2
  • Posted: 08/12/2013 16:03
  • Post subject: Re: Political/Religious Random Chat
  • Reply with quote
swedenman wrote:
Y'know, same as the other random chats, except for topics that are political or religious and don't belong elsewhere. I thought it could be useful.

Anyway, I was prompted to make this thread by the discovery of this lovely gem. I can't say that I'm that surprised, but it is somewhat shocking to see the number of ways people in power will find to force their beliefs on others.


Reminds me of this:


But yeah, that is stupid. While having his name changed probably will avoid future conflict, thinking your religion is so high and mighty that you have to change children's names is fucking stupid.
Back to top
Guest





  • #3
  • Posted: 08/12/2013 16:16
  • Post subject: Re: Political/Religious Random Chat
  • Reply with quote
BrandonMeow wrote:
Reminds me of this:


But yeah, that is stupid. While having his name changed probably will avoid future conflict, thinking your religion is so high and mighty that you have to change children's names is fucking stupid.


I admit the issue is a gray area. I think parents should pretty well be able to name their children whatever they wish, but one would have a hard time arguing that naming a child something like "Nutsack" isn't child abuse. However, as the article points out, "Messiah" is a name that is quickly rising in popularity. In addition to that, I don't believe for even half of a second that the judge made the ruling in the interest of the child's well-being. It's obvious (and her statement on the issue doesn't even attempt to conceal this) that the name offended her personal beliefs, and that her ruling was based on that. I mean, since when do comments like this...

"The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ."

...have any justifiability within the realm of United States law?
Back to top
HigherThanTheSun



Gender: Male
Age: 30
Location: UK
United Kingdom

  • #4
  • Posted: 08/13/2013 03:53
  • Post subject: Re: Political/Religious Random Chat
  • Reply with quote
swedenman wrote:
I admit the issue is a gray area. I think parents should pretty well be able to name their children whatever they wish, but one would have a hard time arguing that naming a child something like "Nutsack" isn't child abuse. However, as the article points out, "Messiah" is a name that is quickly rising in popularity. In addition to that, I don't believe for even half of a second that the judge made the ruling in the interest of the child's well-being.


All of this. There's been quite a few instances where parents have been denied naming their child a certain name in the UK because it will disadvantage the child in life but never because it has offended a judge's personal religious beliefs. Should lose her job tbh, scary how she's a judge in the first place.
_________________
Shut up mate you're boring!
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
HigherThanTheSun



Gender: Male
Age: 30
Location: UK
United Kingdom

  • #5
  • Posted: 08/13/2013 03:57
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Old clip but only found it today, Irish politics is great but where is everybody?

Link


"that is most unparliamentary language" lol
_________________
Shut up mate you're boring!
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Le_Samurai





  • #6
  • Posted: 08/13/2013 04:26
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote

Link


Yep, no more class in america, just like how there isn't anymore racism.... I also like how everybody can now succeed in america as well, as if this shit is fair
Back to top
them




Location: Virginia
United States

  • #7
  • Posted: 08/14/2013 17:50
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
1960's MKULTRA Subliminal Government MIND CONTROL


Link


Government and television stations have been CAUGHT adding subliminal messages of actual government mind control in this archive footage from the 1960s which, on its face, appears to be an ordinary sign off of broadcasting for the day.

INSTEAD, it's filled with commands to OBEY GOVERNMENT and regard it as GOD.

Not only did the government attempt to brainwash the public en masse through their television sets to be obedient to government, but there are two references in here to actual government-run mind control projects perpetrated against the American people that were not declassified until the 1970s: MKULTRA and MKNAOMI.

While the CIA claims these programs were 'officially halted' in 1973, some say there is proof they have never stopped, but instead, have only gotten more sophisticated and gone deeper underground.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
meccalecca
Voice of Reason


Gender: Male
Location: The Land of Enchantment
United States

  • #8
  • Posted: 08/14/2013 19:13
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
them wrote:
While the CIA claims these programs were 'officially halted' in 1973, some say there is proof they have never stopped, but instead, have only gotten more sophisticated and gone deeper underground.


The government doesn't need to use subliminal mind control. They just need to keep us distracted with long exhausting work days, and mind-numbing television. There's so much useless information/misinformation being fed to the masses that it becomes hard to focus on the important stuff. Government officials use strategic talking points to divert the conversations. It's all slight of hand.
_________________
http://meccalecca.com
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
  • Visit poster's website
them




Location: Virginia
United States

  • #9
  • Posted: 08/14/2013 19:19
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
meccalecca wrote:
The government doesn't need to use subliminal mind control. They just need to keep us distracted with long exhausting work days, and mind-numbing television. There's so much useless information/misinformation being fed to the masses that it becomes hard to focus on the important stuff. Government officials use strategic talking points to divert the conversations. It's all slight of hand.


I agree meccalecca.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Guest





  • #10
  • Posted: 08/17/2013 08:39
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
http://www.naturalnews.com/041102_abort...tions.html

Holy hell. This whole article Laughing
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Random chat HigherThanTheSun Lounge
Musical random chat Guest Music
Let's just have a random video game chat Guest Lounge
Sticky the Random Chat and the "... Guest Suggestions
Religious Art SquishypuffDave Politics & Religion

 
Back to Top