Song Quote Suggestions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 233, 234, 235  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 12/07/2016 04:51
  • Post subject:
"Your insurance isn't paying for any more days, so you're all better now" - Old Gray
"So I sit at home, and I waste away, and I grow tired of the things I love" - Old Gray
"I can haunt you too if you want me too" - Old Gray
"I won't let daisies grow through your head" - Old Gray
"Write poems about the places you feel at home rather than the places you wish you could be" - Old Gray
"I want to be whole again, how the fuck do I get there?" - Old Gray

slow burn is a lyrical masterpiece and I'm not surprised but I am inundated by the force of it all right now, still.

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website
babyBlueSedan
Used to be sort of blind, now can sort of see

United States

• Posted: 12/19/2016 04:57
  • Post subject:
Someday I won't define myself by who I'm thinking of - Pinegrove

The glove compartment is inaccurately named, and everybody knows it - Death Cab For Cutie
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 01/04/2017 07:05
  • Post subject:
"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell records; well I do" - Eminem
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 01/26/2017 19:11
  • Post subject:
"I'm like Kubrick with two bricks" - Danny Brown
Rhyner
soft silly music is meaningful magical

United States

• Posted: 02/13/2017 09:32
  • Post subject:
I have some questions. I've done my best to search for answers within the forums but wasn't able to find concrete, certain answers.

1. albummaster, you've said multiple times in this thread that submissions may be no longer than 80 characters. In apparent contradiction to that rule, I've seen quotes on the site that exceed that length when spaces are counted as characters (e.g. "But don't you think that I know that walking on the water, Won't make me a miracle man?" by Elvis Costello has 87 characters with spaces but only 70 without). I take this to mean that the 80 character limitation is for non-space characters. Am I correct?

2. On page 167 of this thread there's a list of every lyric already in the database...as of May 2015. Is this the only such list, or is there one somewhere that's kept up to date?

In any case, here are my suggestions:

So pleased with a daydream that now living is no good - Bright Eyes (Lime Tree)
I'm breakin' my teeth off, tryin' to bite my lip - The White Stripes (300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues)
It's your gradual descent into a life you never meant, it's the slow fade of love - Rilo Kiley (A Man/Me/Then Jim)
Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall, but there's always someone cooler than you - Ben Folds (There's Always Someone Cooler Than You)
The truth is when I realized I loved you it was like everything I had ever lost had come back - Allo Darlin' (Crickets in the Rain)
God hates a coward, sonny - Tomahawk (God Hates a Coward)
I have dreams of orca whales and owls but I wake up in fear - Regina Spektor (Hotel Song)
I'm afraid if you ever got a pat on the back it would likely burst your lungs - The Band (We Can Talk)
I need some meaning I can memorize, The kind I have always seems to slip my mind - Bright Eyes (Lover I Don't Have to Love)

And two more that are probably too long, but too good to not try:

Talking like a jerk, except you are an actual jerk and living proof that sometimes friends are mean - LCD Soundsystem (Dance Yrself Clean)
You'll never watch your life slide out of view and dance and drink and screw because there's nothing else to do - Pulp (Common People)
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 02/13/2017 09:45
  • Post subject:
"My wine cellar puts your bars to shame" -Dr. Yen Lo
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/16/2017 12:43
  • Post subject:
Rhyner wrote:
I have some questions. I've done my best to search for answers within the forums but wasn't able to find concrete, certain answers.

1. albummaster, you've said multiple times in this thread that submissions may be no longer than 80 characters. In apparent contradiction to that rule, I've seen quotes on the site that exceed that length when spaces are counted as characters (e.g. "But don't you think that I know that walking on the water, Won't make me a miracle man?" by Elvis Costello has 87 characters with spaces but only 70 without). I take this to mean that the 80 character limitation is for non-space characters. Am I correct?

It's not a hard and fast rule, but as close to 80 as possible (there's a little bit of discretion if it's slightly over)

Quote:
2. On page 167 of this thread there's a list of every lyric already in the database...as of May 2015. Is this the only such list, or is there one somewhere that's kept up to date?

That's the only such list at the moment. There really should be an up-to-date list somewhere, so I've posted another one below (sorted by artist):

Code:

Don't tell your friends about the two of us, I'm not in love - 10cc (from 'I'm Not In Love')
I love you like a fat kid loves cake - 50 Cent (from '21 Questions')
I never half step cause I'm not a half stepper - A Tribe Called Quest (from 'Buggin' Out')
Can I kick it? (Yes, you can!) - A Tribe Called Quest (from 'Can I Kick It?')
Down below those dandy clothes, you're just a shade too white - Adam & the Ants (from 'Kings Of The Wild Frontier')
Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do? - Adam Ant (from 'Goody Two Shoes')
Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman - Aesop Rock (from 'Daylight')
She says, 'I'm not your enemy', I said, 'That sounds like something that my enemy would say' - Aesop Rock (from 'Shrunk')
Does god bless your transsexual heart? True trans soul rebel - Against Me (from 'True Trans Soul Rebel')
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God, Then God is not dead - Agalloch (from 'In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion')
It's not a movement, It's just another fad, Like a cry for help in a world gone mad - Agent Orange (from 'Cry for Help in a World Gone Mad')
I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison - Alice Cooper (from 'Poison')
Arm in arm we are the harmless sociopaths - Andrew Bird (from 'Oh No')
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping - Andrew Jackson Jihad (from 'People II 2: Still Peoplin'?')
Rejoice, your hair it smells like burning hair - Andrew Jackson Jihad (from 'Rejoice')
The Micheal Jordan of drunk driving played his final game tonight - Andrew Jackson Jihad (from 'The Michael Jordan of Drunk Driving')
I want to be made out of love, I want to be made into life - Angel Olsen (from 'Acrobat')
It's all over baby but I'm still young - Angel Olsen (from 'Shut Up Kiss Me')
I want to be naked, I don't mean my body - Angel Olsen (from 'Some Things Cosmic')
I'm getting lost in your curls - Animal Collective (from 'Bluish')
And I'm sorry I caught you in my life - Animal Collective (from 'Crimson')
Are we speaking our mind, Or just passing the time? - Animal Collective (from 'Crimson')
I'm paler than a summer blouse that's packed inside a haunted house - Animal Collective (from 'Lion In A Coma')
There isn't much that I feel I need. A solid soul and the blood I bleed - Animal Collective (from 'My Girls')
I wear a coat of feelings and they are loud - Animal Collective (from 'The Purple Bottle')
Sometimes I'm naked and thank God sometimes you're naked, Well, hello - Animal Collective (from 'The Purple Bottle')
I want to be like water and never have a doubt and reflect what is around my pool - Animal Collective (from 'Water Curses')
There's a ghost on the horizon, When I go to bed - Antony & the Johnsons (from 'Hope There's Someone')
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams - Aphex Twin (from 'We Are The Music Makers')
I used to think I was not like them, But I'm beginning to have my doubts - Arcade Fire (from 'City With No Children')
I carved your name across my eyelids. You pray for rain, I pray for blindness - Arcade Fire (from 'Crown of Love')
But if there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for? - Arcade Fire (from 'Here Comes The Night Time')
I've never really ever met a normal person - Arcade Fire (from 'Neighborhood #2 (Laika)')
Do you like rock and roll music? 'Cause I don't know if I do - Arcade Fire (from 'Normal Person')
People try and hide the night, Underneath the covers - Arcade Fire (from 'Rebellion (Lies)')
All my old friends, they don't know me now - Arcade Fire (from 'Suburban War')
If the children don't grow up, Our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up - Arcade Fire (from 'Wake Up')
There's only music, so that there's new ring tones - Arctic Monkeys (from 'A Certain Romance')
The moment I wake up, Before I put on my make-up, I say a little prayer for you - Aretha Franklin (from 'I Say A Little Prayer')
("KID, HAVE YOU REHABILITATED YOURSELF?") - Arlo Guthrie (from 'Alice's Restaurant')
You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie (from 'Alice's Restaurant')
The heart is a stone and this is a stone that we throw - Beach House (from '10 Mile Stereo')
My heart stands for nothing, and your soul's too weak - Beach House (from 'Better Times')
If you've built yourself a myth, You'd know just what to give - Beach House (from 'Myth')
Rapunzel Rapunzel let down your hair. So I can climb up and get into your underwear - Beastie Boys (from 'What Comes Around')
I see you hanging the crowd, staring me down with that ice cream cone. Still I'm all alone - Beat Happening (from 'Bewitched')
On a backwoods river. The infidels shiver. In the stench of belief - Beck (from 'Bottle of Blues')
Discount orgies on the dropout buses - Beck (from 'Devils Haircut')
And my time is a piece of wax, fallin' on a termite. Who's chokin' on the splinters - Beck (from 'Loser')
I've been looking for my shadow, But this place is so bright and so clean - Beck (from 'O Maria')
Pulling out jives and jamboree handouts. Two turntables and a microphone - Beck (from 'Where it's At')
The bed at night is a life raft in the ocean of the dark - Bedhead (from 'Liferaft')
I met you up in the garden. You were digging plants, I dug you. - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Another Sunny Day')
It broke the heart of men and flowers and girls and trees - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Another Sunny Day')
A choice is facing you, a healthy dose of pain - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Dirty Dream Number Two')
At the final moment I cried, I always cry at endings - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying')
Ooh! Get me away from here I'm dying - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying')
Thought there was love in everything and everyone. You're so naive! - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying')
I could kill you sure. But I could only make you cry with these words - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying')
I don't love anything. Not even Christmas. Especially not that - Belle & Sebastian (from 'I Don't Love Anyone')
There's something wrong with me, I'm a cuckoo - Belle & Sebastian (from 'I'm a Cuckoo')
But if you are feeling sinister, Go off and see a minister - Belle & Sebastian (from 'If You're Feeling Sinister')
She was into S&M and bible studies, Not everyone's cup of tea she would admit to me - Belle & Sebastian (from 'If You're Feeling Sinister')
Judy never felt so good except when she was sleeping - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Judy And The Dream Of Horses')
We can kiss and do whatever you want, But you will be disappointed - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Judy And The Dream Of Horses')
It's not your money that they're after, boy, it's you - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Like Dylan In The Movies')
Cause we're seeing other people. At least that's what we say we are doing - Belle & Sebastian (from 'Seeing Other People')
All that I wanted was to sing the saddest song, And if you would sing along I will be happy now - Belle & Sebastian (from 'The Boy Done Wrong Again')
The future's looking colourful. It's the colour of blood, chaos and corruption of a happy soul - Belle & Sebastian (from 'The Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner')
Could I write a requiem for you when you're dead? - Belle & Sebastian (from 'The Stars of Track and Field')
I was surprised, I was happy for a day in 1975 - Belle & Sebastian (from 'The State I Am In')
Riding on city buses for a hobby is sad - Belle & Sebastian (from 'The State I Am In')
Do something pretty while you can - Belle & Sebastian (from 'We Rule the School')
You know the world is made for men, Not us - Belle & Sebastian (from 'We Rule the School')
Make sure the fortune that you seek, Is the fortune you need - Ben Harper (from 'Diamonds on the Inside')
Okay ladies, now let's get in formation - Beyonce (from 'Formation')
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it - Beyoncé (from 'Single Ladies')
I talk to God as much as I talk to Satan 'cause I want to hear both sides - Biffy Clyro (from 'God & Satan')
Darling, I hope that my dream never haunted you - Billie Holliday (from 'Gloomy Sunday')
Sing us a song, you're the piano man! - Billy Joel (from 'Piano Man')
They're sharing a drink they call loneliness. But it's better than drinking alone - Billy Joel (from 'Piano Man')
You, you got what I need, but you say he's just a friend - Biz Markie (from 'Just A Friend')
Today has never happened, And it doesn't frighten me - Björk (from 'Alarm Call')
I'm only into this to enjoy - Björk (from 'Enjoy')
My headphones. They saved my life. - Björk (from 'Headphones')
It's not meant to be a strife, It's not meant to be a struggle uphill - Björk (from 'Undo')
Just remember love is life, and hate is living death - Black Sabbath (from 'A National Acrobat')
Generals gathered in their masses, Just like witches at black masses - Black Sabbath (from 'War Pigs')
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you, You can see that my grave is kept clean - Blind Lemon Jefferson (from 'See That My Grave Is Kept Clean')
Dreaming is free - Blondie (from 'Dreaming')
When I met you in the restaurant, You could tell I was no debutante - Blondie (from 'Dreaming')
The tide is high but I'm holding on, I'm gonna be your number one - Blondie (from 'The Tide is High')
You can call it hell but bro, I'll just say I'm below the heavens - Blu & Exile (from 'Below The Heavens Pt. 1')
I'm a professional cynic but my heart's not in it - Blur (from 'Country House')
I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays, when I get rudely wakened by the dustmen - Blur (from 'Parklife')
Orange - Boards of Canada (from 'Aquarius')
The executioner's face is always well hidden. - Bob Dylan (from 'A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall')
There must be some kind of way out of here, Said the joker to the thief - Bob Dylan (from 'All Along the Watchtower')
There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief - Bob Dylan (from 'All Along the Watchtower')
And you know something is happening, But you don't know what it is, Do you, Mister Jones? - Bob Dylan (from 'Ballad of a Thin Man')
And you say, "Oh my God Am I here all alone?" - Bob Dylan (from 'Ballad of a Thin Man')
The answer my friend, Is blowin' in the wind, The answer is blowin' in the wind - Bob Dylan (from 'Blowin' in the Wind')
You're an idiot babe, It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe - Bob Dylan (from 'Idiot Wind')
For the loser now, will be later to win - Bob Dylan (from 'It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)')
That he not busy being born is busy dying - Bob Dylan (from 'It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)')
It's getting dark. Too dark to see. Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door - Bob Dylan (from 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door')
How does it feel, To be on your own, With no direction home - Bob Dylan (from 'Like A Rolling Stone')
Everybody must get stoned - Bob Dylan (from 'Rainy Day Women #12 & 35')
So easy to look at, so hard to define. - Bob Dylan (from 'Sara')
Come in,' she said, 'I'll give you shelter from the storm' - Bob Dylan (from 'Shelter from the Storm')
And he just smoked my eyelids, And punched my cigarette - Bob Dylan (from 'Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again')
Don't go mistaking paradise, for that home across the road - Bob Dylan (from 'The Ballad Of Frankie Lee And Judas Priest')
The sun's not yellow, It's chicken - Bob Dylan (from 'Tombstone Blues')
One love, One heart, Let's get together and feel alright. - Bob Marley (from 'One Love')
None but ourselves can free our minds - Bob Marley (from 'Redemption Song')
Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right! - Bob Marley (from 'Three Little Birds')
In this great future, You can't forget your past - Bob Marley & The Wailers (from 'No Woman No Cry')
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation - Bob Marley & The Wailers (from 'No Woman No Cry')
Won't you help to sing, These songs of freedom? - Bob Marley & The Wailers (from 'Redemption Song')
'Cause I and I no expect to be justified, By the laws of men - Bob Marley & The Wailers (from 'So Much Things to Say')
Sun is shining, The weather is sweet, Make you want to move your dancing feet - Bob Marley & The Wailers (from 'Sun Is Shining')
One good thing about music, When it hits - you feel no pain - Bob Marley & The Wailers (from 'Trenchtown Rock')
Today's music ain't got the same soul. I like that old time rock and roll - Bob Seger (from 'Old Time Rock & Roll')
Once upon a time I was falling in love, But now I'm only falling apart - Bonnie Tyler (from 'Total Eclipse of the Heart')
Vision! Creation! Newsun! - Boredoms (from 'Circle')
I'm not scared to die, I'm a little scared of what comes after - Brand New (from 'Jesus Christ')
When I say let's keep in touch, I really mean I wish that you'd grow up - Brand New (from 'Mix Tape')
Baby's on fire Better throw her in the water - Brian Eno (from 'Baby's On Fire')
If you'll be my flotsam, I could be half the man I used to - Brian Eno (from 'Baby's on Fire')
I've got nothing left, It's kind of wonderful, 'Cause there's nothing they can take away - Broken Bells (from 'Perfect World')
Park that car, drop that phone, sleep on the floor, dream about me - Broken Social Scene (from 'Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl')
Used to be one of the rotten ones and I liked you for that - Broken Social Scene (from 'Anthems for a Seventeen Year-Old Girl')
And they all want to love the cause - Broken Social Scene (from 'Cause = Time')
You're only coming out because you came back in - Broken Social Scene (from 'I’m Still Your Fag')
All these people drinking lover's spit. They sit around and clean their face with it - Broken Social Scene (from 'Lover's Spit')
I've seen the jaws and they taste so good - Broken Social Scene (from 'Shampoo Suicide')
Everything dies baby that's a fact. But maybe everything that dies someday comes back - Bruce Springsteen (from 'Atlantic City')
'Cause tramps like us, Baby we were born to run - Bruce Springsteen (from 'Born to Run')
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive - Bruce Springsteen (from 'Born to Run')
You can't start a fire without a spark - Bruce Springsteen (from 'Dancing in the Dark')
The hungry and the hunted, Explode into rock 'n roll bands - Bruce Springsteen (from 'Jungleland')
We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school - Bruce Springsteen (from 'No Surrender')
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, Or is it something worse? - Bruce Springsteen (from 'The River')
I wanna get dressed up, get sexed up, and cake on my birthday - Buck 65 (from 'Super Pretty Naughty')
You don't know any dance steps that I do, I only know I love you like I do - Buddy Holly (from '(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care')
Video killed the radio star - Buggles (from 'Video Killed The Radio Star')
I can't get that sound you make out of my head, I can't even figure out what's making it - Built to Spill (from 'I Would Hurt A Fly')
I don't like this air, But that doesn't mean I'll stop breathing it - Built to Spill (from 'It's a Long Way')
No one wants to hear what you dreamt about, Unless you dreamt about them - Built to Spill (from 'Made-Up Dreams')
You better just enjoy the luxury of sympathy, If that's a luxury you have - Built To Spill (from 'Velvet Waltz')
You were wrong when you said, Everything's gonna be alright - Built to Spill (from 'You Were Right')
Kids.. if you want to piss off your parents, Show interest in the arts - Busdriver (from 'Imaginary Places')
House party, playing Twister on an autism spectrum - Busdriver (from 'When the Tooth-lined Horizon Blinks')
Daddy, what does regret mean? - Butthole Surfers (from 'Sweet Loaf')
Life's an illusion love is a dream. But I don't know what it is - Buzzcocks (from 'Everybody's Happy Nowadays')
When I first wake I administer the usual morning walk through death - Cage (from 'Morning Dips')
Death, where have you been all my life? - Camu Tao (from 'Death')
I feel pretty in the chimney - Can (from 'Bring Me Coffee or Tea')
Well, I saw mushroom head. I was born and I was dead - Can (from 'Mushroom')
What you figure? That chalky outline on the ground is a father figure - Cannibal Ox (from 'Iron Galaxy')
You were a still born baby. Mother didn't want you, but you were still born. - Cannibal Ox (from 'Iron Galaxy')
I grab the mic like, "Are you experienced?" But I don't play the guitar, I play my cadence - Cannibal Ox (from 'Ox Out the Cage')
High voltage man kisses night to bring the light to those who need to hide their shadow deed - Captain Beefheart (from 'Electricity')
Sing ye brothers and end this miserable thing - Captain Beefheart (from 'The Host The Ghost The Most Holy-O')
Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, But here's my number, so call me, maybe? - Carly Rae Jepsen (from 'Call Me Maybe')
You're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you - Carly Simon (from 'You're so Vain')
From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen - Cat Stevens (from 'Father And Son')
You will still be here tomorrow, But your dreams may not - Cat Stevens (from 'Father And Son')
Everybody's somebody's everything - Chance The Rapper (from 'Everybody's Something')
Do you believe in life after love? - Cher (from 'Believe')
Just one more thing, Remember the whole world's a circus. Don't you be the clown! - Chic (from '(Funny) Bone')
She's just got to have, About half a million, Framed autographs - Chuck Berry (from 'Sweet Little Sixteen')
Times are hard, Keeping a fish tank alive is harder - cLOUDDEAD (from 'I Promise Never To Get Paint On My Glasses Again')
And I know I'm dead on the surface, But I am screaming underneath - Coldplay (from 'Amsterdam')
I don't want to follow death and all of his friends - Coldplay (from 'Death And All His Friends')
That's why I'm easy, I'm easy like Sunday morning - Commodores (from 'Easy')
Thanks for the times that you've given me, The memories are all in my mind - Commodores (from 'Three Times a Lady')
I wear my sunglasses at night - Corey Hart (from 'Sunglasses at Night')
I love Kool Keith, You love Kool Keith, Everybody loves Kool Keith - Country Teasers (from 'White Patches')
I'm not suicidal, just idling insignificantly - Courtney Barnett (from 'Elevator Operator')
I can understand your pain, but I won't - Crime In Stereo (from 'Young')
Don't worry, if there's hell below, we're all gotta go! - Curtis Mayfield (from '(Don't Worry) If There's a Hell Below We're All Go')
Though there may be wet road ahead, You cannot slip - Curtis Mayfield (from 'Move on Up')
I'm your doctor when in need, want some coke, have some weed - Curtis Mayfield (from 'Pusherman')
One thing that I just can't conceive, is how to let you go - Cut Copy (from 'Far Away')
I don't know what to do, About this dream and you, I wish this dream comes true - Daft Punk (from 'Digital Love')
Last night I had a dream about you, In this dream I'm dancing right beside you - Daft Punk (from 'Digital Love')
Who trades his culture for dollars? The fool or the scholar? - Dälek (from 'Culture for Dollars')
Respect love of the heart over lust of the flesh - Daniel Johnston (from 'Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Your Greivances')
The sun don't shine in your TV - Daniel Johnston (from 'The Story of an Artist')
True love will find you in the end - Daniel Johnston (from 'True Love Will Find You in the End')
Ashes to ashes, funk to funky. We know Major Tom's a junkie - David Bowie (from 'Ashes to Ashes')
Time may change me, But I can't trace time - David Bowie (from 'Changes')
Cause we're lovers, and that is a fact, Yes we're lovers, and that is that - David Bowie (from 'Heroes')
We can be heroes, Just for one day - David Bowie (from 'Heroes')
Look up here, I'm in heaven - David Bowie (from 'Lazarus')
You've got your mother in a whirl, She's not sure if you're a boy, or a girl - David Bowie (from 'Rebel Rebel')
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do - David Bowie (from 'Space Oddity')
There's a starman waiting in the sky - David Bowie (from 'Starman')
He took it all too far, But boy could he play guitar - David Bowie (from 'Ziggy Stardust')
We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven. And in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten - De La Soul (from 'Eye Know')
My old clothes don't fit like they once did, So they hang like ghosts of the people I've been. - Death Cab For Cutie (from 'You Can Do Better Than Me')
Now we got all the coconuts, bitch! - Death Grips (from 'Hacker')
Good thing most my friends live inside my head. Cause now I'm never alone, when I lie in bed - Deep Puddle Dynamics (from 'Where the Wild Things Are')
And there's a light in my heart, And it won't be there tomorrow - Deerhunter (from 'Monomania')
Nothing ever happened to me. Life just passing, flash right thru me - Deerhunter (from 'Nothing Ever Happened')
Now whip it. Into shape. Shape it up. Get straight. Go forward - Devo (from 'Whip It')
Come on Eileen, too loo rye ay - Dexys Midnight Runners (from 'Come on Eileen')
Then she runs away from me, faster than I crawl - Dinosaur Jr. (from 'Little Fury Things')
Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free - Dire Straits (from 'Money for Nothing')
And I dreamed your dream for you, And now your dream is real - Dire Straits (from 'Romeo and Juliet')
Tell me all your thoughts on God, Cause I'd really like to met her - Dishwalla (from 'Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God')
If she spins fast enough then maybe the broken pieces of her heart will stay together - Dismemberment Plan (from 'Gyroscope')
The only thing worse than bad memories, Is no memories at all - Dismemberment Plan (from 'Spider in the Snow')
Now I notice the streetlamp’s hum, The ghosts of graffiti they couldn’t quite erase - Dismemberment Plan (from 'The City')
Here’s to another goddamn new year - Dismemberment Plan (from 'The Ice of Boston')
I lost my membership card to the human race, So don't forget the face - Dismemberment Plan (from 'Wouldn't You Like to Know')
They would not listen, they're not listening still, Perhaps they never will - Don McLean (from 'Vincent')
The older I get, the more life starts to make sense. And the less I care - Doseone (from 'Track #4')
That's why every song sound like Drake featuring Drake - Drake (from '5 AM In Toronto')
How'd a bottle of wine become the fountain of youth? - Drake (from 'Club Paradise')
Smell like I sound, I'm lost in a crowd. And I'm hungry like the wolf - Duran Duran (from 'Hungry Like the Wolf')
Some people call it a one night stand. But we can call it paradise - Duran Duran (from 'Save a Prayer')
The only boy who could ever teach me, was the son of a preacher man - Dusty Springfield (from 'Son of a Preacher Man')
You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave! - Eagles (from 'Hotel California')
And I don't know who house to call home lately, I hope my phone break, let it ring - Earl Sweatshirt (from 'Faucet')
So cruelly you kissed me. Your lips a magic world - Echo and the Bunnymen (from 'The Killing Moon')
Waking up is harder when you wanna die. - Eels (from 'Elizabeth On The Bathroom Floor')
I'm gonna fly on down for the last stop, To this town, What? I'm gonna fly on down then fly away - Eels (from 'Last Stop')
The elephant won't forget what it's like inside his cage - Eels (from 'Mr E's Beautiful Blues')
Jesus and his lawyer. Are coming back - Eels (from 'Novocaine for the Soul')
I no longer speak the language. I have chosen change. - EL-P (from 'Works Every Time')
Accroche-toi à ton rêve - Electric Light Orchestra (from 'Hold on Tight')
Drink up baby, look at the stars, I'll kiss you again between the bars - Elliott Smith (from 'Between the Bars')
Every wave is tidal - if you hang around - Elliott Smith (from 'King's Crossing')
The game looks easy, That's why it sells - Elliott Smith (from 'King's Crossing')
I hate to walk behind other people's ambitions - Elliott Smith (from 'No Name #1')
Well I wondered. What's the worst thing I could say? - Elliott Smith (from 'No Name #1')
Killing time won't stop this crime - Elliott Smith (from 'No Name #2')
Everybody's dying just to get the disease - Elliott Smith (from 'Pictures of Me')
High on amphetamine, The moon is a lightbulb breaking - Elliott Smith (from 'St. Ides Heaven')
You don't deserve to be lonely - Elliott Smith (from 'Twilight')
If I was a sculptor, but then again, no - Elton John (from 'Your Song')
I wish you luck with a capital F - Elvis Costello (from 'Love Went Mad')
But don't you think that I know that walking on the water, Won't make me a miracle man? - Elvis Costello (from 'Miracle Man')
Well, it's one for the money, Two for the show, Three to get ready, Now go, cat, go - Elvis Presley (from 'Blue Suede Shoes')
Take my hand, take my whole life too, but I can't help falling in love with you - Elvis Presley (from 'I Can't Help Falling in Love With You')
It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you, Without a strong rhyme to step to - Eric B. & Rakim (from 'I Know you Got Soul')
Time can bring you down, Time can bend your knees - Eric Clapton (from 'If I Saw You in Heaven')
Most intellects do not believe in God, but the fear is just the same. - Erykah Badu (from 'On & On')
Sweet dreams are made of this, Who am I to disagree? - Eurythmics (from 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)')
Thorn in my side, You know that's all you'll ever be - Eurythmics (from 'Thorn In My Side')
I'm Exuma, I'm the Obeah Man - Exuma (from 'Exuma the Obeah Man')
Is this the part where I get all I ever wanted? Who said that? Can I get my money back? - Father John Misty (from 'Bored in the USA')
Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity - Father John Misty (from 'Holy Shit')
Jennifer, your red hair's burning. Yellow jokes come out of your mind - Faust (from 'Jennifer')
To organise and analyse. And at the end realise. That nobody knows. If it really happened - Faust (from 'Miss Fortune')
Them leave sorrow, tears and blood. Them regular trademark - Fela Kuti (from 'Sorrow, Tears and Blood')
I don't care about this life, they say there'll be another one - Felt (from 'Primitive Painters')
Uncover our heads and reveal our souls. We were hungry before we were born - Fever Ray (from 'Keep the Streets Empty for Me')
My dog was lost but now he’s found. - Fiery Furnaces (from 'My Dog Was Lost But Now He's Found')
Look at me, I'm all the fishes in the sea - Fiona Apple (from 'Daredevil')
But it's calm under the waves, In the blue of my oblivion - Fiona Apple (from 'Sullen Girl')
But we can still support each other, all we got to do is avoid each other - Fiona Apple (from 'Werewolf')
Nothing wrong when a song ends in a minor key - Fiona Apple (from 'Werewolf')
Thunder only happens when it's raining - Fleetwood Mac (from 'Dreams')
When the rain washes you clean, you'll know - Fleetwood Mac (from 'Dreams')
Well, I've been afraid of changing, 'Cause I've built my life around you - Fleetwood Mac (from 'Landslide')
You can't break this heart, it's liquid. It melted when I met you - Flight of the Concords (from 'I'm Not Crying')
Cause I'm a dirty white boy. Yeah a dirty white boy - Foreigner (from 'Dirty White Boy')
If it brings me to my knees, It's a bad religion - Frank Ocean (from 'Bad Religion')
Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over - Frank Zappa (from 'Heavenly Bank Account')
Mr. America, walk on by your schools that do not teach - Frank Zappa (from 'Hungry Freaks')
Maybe money can't buy happiness, Well neither can just being poor - Freakwater (from 'Waitress')
Money rule the world, but when you dead that shit's irrelevant - Freddie Gibbs (from 'Broken')
Have you ever been cruel? - Fugazi (from 'Shut the Door')
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time, For y'all have knocked her up - Funkadelic (from 'Maggot Brain')
And don't you know you make it much more fun? That's why we love you, Tipper Gore - Furnaceface (from 'We love you, Tipper Gore')
I wrote a poem on a dog biscuit, And your dog refused to look at it - Galaxie 500 (from 'Fourth Of July')
Well, I'm lookin at the snowflakes. And they all look the same - Galaxie 500 (from 'Snowstorm')
She said she was ambitious, So she accepts the process - Gang Of Four (from 'At Home He's a Tourist')
Can you tell me where my country lies? - Genesis (from 'Selling England By The Pound')
All things must pass, All things must pass away - George Harrison (from 'All Things Must Pass')
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta - Geto Boys (from 'Damn it feels good to be a gangsta')
Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept? - Ghostface Killah (from '4th Chamber')
Ghostface this, Ghostface that, Ghost sold crack, Now his revelations spoken through rap - Ghostface Killah (from 'Ghost Deini')
The revolution will not be televised - Gil Scott-Heron (from 'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised')
I think I've forgotten how to sleep, And I'm not the only one - Giles Corey (from 'Grave Filled With Books')
I'd rather live in his world, Than live without him in mine - Gladys Knight & The Pips (from 'Midnight Train to Georgia')
And everywhere I'd look your eyes I'd find - Glen Campbell (from 'Catch The Wind')
They don't sleep anymore on the beach - Godspeed You! Black Emperor (from 'Sleep')
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides - Godspeed You! Black Emperor (from 'The Dead Flag Blues')
I said, “Kiss me, you're beautiful. These are truly the last days.” - Godspeed You! Black Emperor (from 'The Dead Flag Blues')
I got sunshine in a bag - Gorillaz (from 'Clint Eastwood')
Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge - Grandmaster Flash (from 'The Message')
Am I just paranoid? Am I just stoned? - Green Day (from 'Basket Case')
Do you have the time to listen to me whine, About nothing and everything all at once? - Green Day (from 'Basket Case')
Why you looking for a harmony? There is harmony in everything - Grimes (from 'Butterfly')
Would you always. Maybe sometimes. Make it easy. Take your time - Grizzly Bear (from 'Two Weeks')
And what was left. A perfect cleft. We all fall through - Grizzly Bear (from 'While You Wait for the Others')
Take it all in stride. Speak, don't confide - Grizzly Bear (from 'Yet Again')
We've all gone to sleep. We've all gone to bed. We're waiting for dreams to fill our heads - Grouper (from 'We've All Gone To Sleep')
Jakes got a monkeyshine on his head, And Debra Ann's got a tiger in her hips - Gun Club (from 'Sex Beat')
She's like heroin to me. She cannot miss a vein - Gun Club (from 'She's Like Heroin to Me')
Now and then when I see her face, She takes me away to that special place - Guns N' Roses (from 'Sweet Child O' Mine')
Why does the winner of Mr. Universe always come from Earth? - Half Man Half Biscuit (from 'This One's for Now')
When the Lord made me, He made a ramblin' man - Hank Williams (from 'Ramblin' Man')
I wrote for luck, They sent me you - Happy Mondays (from 'Wrote for Luck')
You used to speak the truth. But now you're clever - Happy Mondays (from 'Wrote for Luck')
Everybody's talking at me, I don't hear a word they're saying, Only the echoes of my mind - Harry Nilsson (from 'Everybody's Talking')
I'm not sick but I'm not well. And I'm so hot cause I'm in hell - Harvey Danger (from 'Flagpole Sitta')
They say I'm plump, But I throw up all the time - Hole (from 'Plump')
It's hip to be square - Huey Lewis and the News (from 'Hip to Be Square')
Today I didn't even have to use my A.K., I got to say it was a good day - Ice Cube (from 'It Was A Good Day')
So let's take a ride and see what's mine - Iggy Pop (from 'The Passenger')
You're so cute when you're frustrated - Interpol (from 'PDA')
I came fast like 911 in white neighborhoods - J. Cole (from 'No Role Modelz')
Your love is lifting me higher, Than I've ever been lifted before - Jackie Wilson (from '(Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher & Higher')
A B C, it's easy, It's like counting up to 3, That's how easy love can be! - Jackson 5 (from 'ABC')
This bed is on fire. With passionate love. The neighbours complain about the noises above - James (from 'Laid')
Cause you got to use what you got. To get just what you want - James Brown (from 'Hot Pants')
I feel nice, like sugar and spice - James Brown (from 'I Feel Good')
This is a man's world, But it would be nothing, Nothing without a woman or a girl - James Brown (from 'It's a Man's Man's Man's World')
Stay on the scene, like a sex machine - James Brown (from 'Sex Machine')
Have you seen my wig around? I feel naked without it - Jane's Addiction (from 'Jane says')
Jane says, I ain't never been in love, I don't know what it is - Jane's Addiction (from 'Jane Says')
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz? - Janis Joplin (from 'Mercedes Benz')
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one - Jay-Z (from '99 Problems')
I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man! - Jay-Z (from 'Diamonds From Sierra Leone')
I'm from the murder capital, where we murder for capital - Jay-Z (from 'Lucifer')
I'm like a dog - I never speak, but I understand - Jay-Z (from 'Never Change')
You can pay for school, but you can't buy class - Jay-Z (from 'Swagga Like Us')
Go ask Alice - Jefferson Airplane (from 'Go Ask Alice')
One pill makes you larger, And one pill makes you small - Jefferson Airplane (from 'White Rabbit')
You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain, Too much love drives a man insane - Jerry Lee Lewis (from 'Great Balls of Fire')
Right here, Right now, There is no other place I want to be - Jesus Jones (from 'Right Here, Right Now')
Many rivers to cross, And it's only my will that keeps me alive - Jimmy Cliff (from 'Many Rivers to Cross')
And the meteoroid's a bone thrown from the void, That lies quiet in offering to thee - Joanna Newsom (from 'Emily')
When I only want for you to pull over and hold me, 'Til I can't remember my own name - Joanna Newsom (from 'Good Intentions Paving Company')
I have sown untidy furrows across my soul but I am still a coward - Joanna Newsom (from 'In California')
Scrape your knee; it is only skin. Makes the sound of violins - Joanna Newsom (from 'Only Skin')
What it is I do, to you, to keep you warm. Being a woman. Being a woman. - Joanna Newsom (from 'Only Skin')
You were knocking me down. With the palm of your eye - Joanna Newsom (from 'Peach, Plum, Pear')
A love supreme, A love supreme, A love supreme - John Coltrane (from 'Acknowledgement')
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon (from 'Beautiful Boy')
Everybody's talking about ministers, sinisters, banisters, and canisters - John Lennon (from 'Give Peace a Chance')
I don't believe in Beatles - John Lennon (from 'God')
You may say I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one - John Lennon (from 'Imagine')
And we all shine on, Like the moon and the stars and the sun - John Lennon (from 'Instant Karma')
Love is you, You and me, Love is knowing, We can be - John Lennon (from 'Love')
They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool - John Lennon (from 'Working Class Hero')
Well, I fight authority, Authority always wins - John Mellancamp (from 'Authority')
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine, I keep my eyes wide open all the time - Johnny Cash (from 'I Walk The Line')
Love is a burning thing, And it makes a fiery ring - Johnny Cash (from 'Ring of Fire')
Here is the rainbow I've been praying for - Johnny Nash (from 'I Can See Clearly Now')
So many things I would have done. But clouds got in my way - Joni Mitchell (from 'Both Sides Now')
God goes up the chimney. Like childhood Santa Claus - Joni Mitchell (from 'Don't Interrupt The Sorrow')
A singer in a smokey room, A smell of wine and cheap perfume - Journey (from 'Don't Stop Believin'')
My illusion, Worn like a mask of self-hate, Confronts and then dies - Joy Division (from 'Atmosphere')
Walk in silence - Joy Division (from 'Atmosphere')
This is the way, Step inside - Joy Division (from 'Atrocity Exhibition')
A cry for help, a hint of anaesthesia - Joy Division (from 'Colony')
I've been waiting for a guide to come and take me by the hand - Joy Division (from 'Disorder')
A blindness that touches perfection, But hurts just like anything else - Joy Division (from 'Isolation')
A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say - Joy Division (from 'New Dawn Fades')
Confusion in her eyes that says it all. She's lost control - Joy Division (from 'She's Lost Control')
So this is permanence, Love's shattered pride - Joy Division (from 'Twenty Four Hours')
Gotta find my destiny, before it gets too late - Joy Division (from 'Twenty-Four Hours')
Like Baby, baby, baby ohh - Justin Bieber (from 'Baby')
All we are is dust in the wind - Kansas (from 'Dust in the Wind')
Couldn't afford a car so she named her daughter Alexis - Kanye West (from 'All Falls Down')
Too many Urkel's on your team thats why you're Winslow - Kanye West (from 'Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy')
And I love you like Kanye loves Kanye - Kanye West (from 'I Love Kanye')
Y'all throwin' contracts at me. You know that niggas can't read - Kanye West (from 'New Slaves')
No one man should have all that power - Kanye West (from 'Power')
Some of 'em dyslexic, They favorite 50 Cent song 12 Questions - Kanye West (from 'We Don't Dare')
Kids come across as solemn and lost, I know old men evoke last wars and holocausts - Karate (from 'The Last Wars')
I just know that something good is gonna happen. And I don't know when - Kate Bush (from 'Cloudbusting')
And if I only could, I'd make a deal with God - Kate Bush (from 'Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)')
Do I make your heart beat like an 808 drum? Is my love your drug? - Ke$ha (from 'Your Love Is My Drug')
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, And they're like. It's better than yours - Kelis (from 'Milkshake')
My knees gettin' weak and my gun my blow, But we gon' be alright - Kendrick Lamar (from 'Alright')
I am a sinner. Who's probably gonna sin again. Lord forgive me. Things I don't understand - Kendrick Lamar (from 'Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe')
If I was the president. I'd pay my mama's rent - Kendrick Lamar (from 'Institutionalized')
Everybody gon' respect the shooter, But the one in front of the gun lives forever - Kendrick Lamar (from 'Money Trees')
Money trees is the perfect place for shade, and that's just how I feel - Kendrick Lamar (from 'Money Trees')
If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it? - Kendrick Lamar (from 'Poetic Justice')
Loving you is complicated - Kendrick Lamar (from 'U')
Death seed blind man's greed, Poets' starving children bleed - King Crimson (from '21st Century Schizoid Man')
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying - King Crimson (from 'Epitaph')
Sie ist ein Modell und sie sieht gut aus - Kraftwerk (from 'Das Modell')
Shut off and curl up; if it hurts push harder - Laika (from 'Shut off/curl up')
All I want is your pity, Oh all I want are your bitter tears - LCD Soundsystem (from 'All I Want')
I wouldn't trade one stupid decision, For another five years of life - LCD Soundsystem (from 'All My Friends')
It comes apart. The way it does in bad films. Except in parts. When the moral kicks in. - LCD Soundsystem (from 'All My Friends')
Break me into bigger pieces, so some of me is home with you - LCD Soundsystem (from 'Dance Yrself Clean')
And for those of you who still think we're from England. We're not, no. - LCD Soundsystem (from 'North American Scum')
We have a black president and you do not, so shut up - LCD Soundsystem (from 'Pow Pow')
I wish that we could talk about it, But there, that's the problem. - LCD Soundsystem (from 'Someone Great')
There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold, And she's buying a stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin (from 'Stairway to Heaven')
And yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers, But all that lives is born to die - Led Zeppelin (from 'That's the Way')
The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of the aftermath - Led Zeppelin (from 'The Battle of Evermore')
I've been to London, seen seven wonders. I know to trip is just to fall - Led Zeppelin (from 'The Rover')
There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen (from 'Anthem')
And you know that she's half crazy. But that's why you want to be there - Leonard Cohen (from 'Suzanne')
It's hard to hold the hand of anyone, Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender - Leonard Cohen (from 'The Stranger Song')
When you close your eyes, I don’t need protection - Liars (from 'Protection')
I think I'm Based God - Lil B (from 'I Think I'm Based God')
I don't know much about Jesus, But I feel the need for a prayer - Lisa Germano (from 'My Secret Reason')
Can we forget about the things I said when I was drunk? I didn't mean to call you that - Lit (from 'My Own Worst Enemy')
Oh, it's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you - Lou Reed (from 'Perfect Day')
You're going to reap just what you sow - Lou Reed (from 'Perfect Day')
I cringe at my terror, I hate my own smell, I know where I must be, I must be in hell - Lou Reed (from 'Waves of Fear')
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world - Louis Armstrong (from 'What a Wonderful World')
The news today will be the movies for tomorrow - Love (from 'A House is Not a Motel')
And I will be alone again tonight my dear - Love (from 'Alone Again Or')
Oh the snot has caked against my pants, It has turned into crystal - Love (from 'Live and Let Live')
We're all normal and we want our freedom. - Love (from 'The Red Telephone')
This is the time and life that I am living, And I'll face each day with a smile - Love (from 'You Set the Scene')
Sometimes I could just choke myself with laughter - Low (from 'La La La Song')
She's a sinker. I should have taught her how to swim - Low (from 'Swingin'')
Is that the truth he says, The pain is easy - Low (from 'Words')
I've got hoes, in different area codes - Ludacris (from 'Area Codes')
Like a virgin, touched for the very first time - Madonna (from 'Like A Virgin')
Slip like Freudian, Your first and last step to playin' yourself like accordion - Madvillain (from 'Accordion')
Last wish, I wish I had two more wishes - Madvillain (from 'Great Day')
You got such pretty eyes for a snake - Magnolia Electric Co (from 'Such Pretty Eyes for a Snake')
I wanna be so skinny, that I rot from view - Manic Street Preachers (from '4st 7lb')
And if you tolerate this, Then your children will be next - Manic Street Preachers (from 'If You Tolerate This Your Children Will be Next')
Stops your brain thinking for 168 seconds - Manic Street Preachers (from 'Motown Junk')
And givin' yourself to me can never be wrong, If the love is true - Marvin Gaye (from 'Let's Get It On')
You are my angel. Come from way above. To bring me love - Massive Attack (from 'Angel')
You say the magic's gone. Well I'm not a magician - Massive Attack (from 'Better Things')
The earth spins on its axis, One man struggle while another relaxes - Massive Attack (from 'Hymn of the Big Wheel')
I was lookin' back to see if you were lookin' back at me, To see me lookin' back at you - Massive Attack (from 'Safe From Harm')
Teardrop on the fire, Fearless on my breath - Massive Attack (from 'Teardrop')
How can you have a day without a night? - Massive Attack (from 'Unfinished Sympathy')
You're the book that I have opened. And now I've got to know much more - Massive Attack (from 'Unfinished Sympathy')
Don't say love me if you don't need me - Mazzy Star (from 'Be My Angel')
Nobody's out to buy your story, nobody wants to know your reason why - Mazzy Star (from 'Bells Ring')
But you were such an ugly child, You were such an awkward child - McLusky (from 'Alan is a Cowboy Killer')
Like a bat out of hell, I'll be gone when the morning comes. - Meat Loaf (from 'Bat Out Of Hell')
I thought I'd leave you with a letter or fiery speech. - Meat Loaf (from 'Read 'em And Weep')
And of course it don't mind, chasing a bee inside a jar - Mercury Rev (from 'Chasing a Bee')
Their eyes are rivers, they give me shivers - Mercury Rev (from 'Chasing a Bee')
And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's up - Mercury Rev (from 'Downs Are Feminine Balloons')
Bands, those funny little plans, that never work quite right - Mercury Rev (from 'Holes')
Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or the Rolling Stones? - Metric (from 'Gimme Sympathy')
Light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby - MF Doom (from 'Beef Rapp')
Hey I've got a pistol that's aimed at your heart - MGMT (from 'I Found a Whistle')
She said I am the one, who will dance on the floor in the round - Michael Jackson (from 'Billie Jean')
You got to be startin' somethin' - Michael Jackson (from 'Wanna be Startin' Somethin'')
I must know something to know it's so wrong - Midnight Oil (from 'Put Down That Weapon')
If your life sucks I’d suggest you demand a full refund - Milo (from 'Kenosha')
Our band could be your life - Minutemen (from 'History Lesson - Part 2')
They shook 'cause ain't no such things as halfway crooks - Mobb Deep (from 'Shook Ones Pt. II')
I'm watching T.V., I guess that's the solution - Modest Mouse (from 'A Different City')
Hello, how do you do? My name is you - Modest Mouse (from 'Alone Down There')
Life handed us a paycheck, we said, "We worked harder than this!" - Modest Mouse (from 'Bury Me with It')
God if I have to die you will have to die - Modest Mouse (from 'Cowboy Dan')
I was in heaven, I was in hell, Believe in neither, But fear them as well - Modest Mouse (from 'Doin' the Cockroach')
I think I know my geography pretty damn well - Modest Mouse (from 'Dramamine')
As fruit drops, flesh it sags, Everything will fall right into place - Modest Mouse (from 'Gravity Rides Everything')
I've got a girlfriend out of the city. I know I like her, I think she is pretty - Modest Mouse (from 'Lounge (Closing Time)')
While we're on the subject, could we change the subject now? - Modest Mouse (from 'Missed The Boat')
You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death? - Modest Mouse (from 'Ocean Breathes Salty')
I had a drink the other day. Opinions were like kittens. I was giving them away - Modest Mouse (from 'Out of Gas')
I'm trying to drink away the part of the day. That I cannot sleep away - Modest Mouse (from 'Polar Opposites')
Are you dead or are you sleepin'? God I sure hope you are dead - Modest Mouse (from 'Satin in a Coffin')
Here's the man with teeth like God's shoeshine; he sparkles; shimmers; shines - Modest Mouse (from 'Teeth Like God's Shoeshine')
The good times are killing me - Modest Mouse (from 'The Good Times Are Killing Me')
The universe is shaped exactly like the Earth - Modest Mouse (from 'Third Planet')
And I shout that you're all fakes, And you should have seen the look on your face - Modest Mouse (from 'Trailer Trash')
Lost our patience we want floating cars, No God for us, no God for us - Monarchy (from 'Floating Cars')
There's a broken monster in me, I can't look you in the eye, I'm such a jealous guy - Monarchy (from 'Jealous Guy')
Pigmy Pig, how big you are, big as Pigmy Seal - Moongdog (from 'Pigmy Pig')
I can tell you taste like the sky cause you look like rain - Morphine (from 'You Look Like Rain')
I still walk living, sleeping. Life in the real world of clouds, Clawing for meaning - Mount Eerie (from 'Through The Trees Pt. 2')
I hope I lie, And tell everyone you were a good wife, And I hope you die - Mountain Goats (from 'No Children')
Touch me, I'm sick - Mudhoney (from 'Touch Me I'm sick')
I wanted freedom, But I'm restricted, I tried to give you up, But I'm addicted - Muse (from 'Time is Running Out')
I love you unclean. I'm telling you you're a sick mind - My Bloody Valentine (from '(When You Wake) You're Still In A Dream')
Come in alone. You'll love. To let go. - My Bloody Valentine (from 'Come in Alone')
Leave me alone, I'm happy to die today - My Bloody Valentine (from 'Drive It All Over Me')
Wandering through all the memories. Of the good times that we had - My Bloody Valentine (from 'Drive It All Over Me')
Before I can speak, My world is wishing me asleep - My Bloody Valentine (from 'Lose My Breath')
Loved me black and blue, No more sorry - My Bloody Valentine (from 'No More Sorry')
Look, in the mirror, She's not there - My Bloody Valentine (from 'Only Shallow')
Place my head upon your hips - My Bloody Valentine (from 'Slow')
Close my eyes. Feel me now. I don't know how you could not love me now - My Bloody Valentine (from 'Sometimes')
Let's fall in love. Its exciting - My Bloody Valentine (from 'Sunny Sundae Smile')
Slip Your dress. Over your head. It's been so long - My Bloody Valentine (from 'To Here Knows When')
What I do I say, But I can't get far away, Oh, I go back to, A memory again - My Bloody Valentine (from 'What You Want')
When I look at you. Oh, I don't know what's real - My Bloody Valentine (from 'When You Sleep')
You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge - N.W.A. (from 'Straight Outta Compton')
Speak with criminal slang, begin like a violin - Nas (from 'It Ain't Hard To Tell')
Life's a bitch and then you die, That's why we get high - Nas (from 'Life's a Bitch')
That buck that bought a bottle could've struck the lotto - Nas (from 'Life's a Bitch')
I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death. - Nas (from 'The Message')
An ambulance can only go so fast - Neil Young (from 'Ambulance Blues')
I crossed the ocean for a heart of gold - Neil Young (from 'Heart of Gold')
It's better to burn out than to fade away - Neil Young (from 'My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)')
There's a warning sign on the road ahead. There's a lot of people saying we'd be better off dead. - Neil Young (from 'Rockin' in the Free World')
Semen stains the mountaintops - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'Communist Daughter')
And it's so sad to see the world agree, That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'Holland, 1945')
The only girl I ever loved, Was born with roses in her eyes - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'Holland, 1945')
Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'In the Aeroplane Over the Sea')
For now we are young, Let us lay in the sun, And count every beautiful thing we can see. - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'In The Aeroplane Over The Sea')
My dream girl don't exist. And at the age of five she slit her wrists - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'My Dream Girl Don't Exist')
My dream girl don't exist, Just a photograph in a history book - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'My Dreamgirl Don't Exist')
Your prettiness is seeping through, Out from the dress I took from you - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'Naomi')
Soft silly music is meaningful magical, The movements were beautiful, all in your ovaries - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'Oh Comely')
When you were young. You were the king of carrot flowers - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'The King of Carrot Flowers, Part One')
And in my dreams you're alive and you're crying - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2')
As your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2')
God is a place where some holy spectacle lies - Neutral Milk Hotel (from 'Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2')
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time - New Order (from 'Ceremony')
I don't know what day it is, Or who I'm talking to - New Order (from 'Run')
Tonight I think I'll walk alone. I'll find my soul as I go home - New Order (from 'Temptation')
My life ain't no holiday. I've been through the point of no return - New Order (from 'Vanishing Point')
Then the night she fell, And the air was beautiful - Nick Drake (from 'From The Morning')
I never felt magic crazy as this - Nick Drake (from 'Northern Sky')
And now I'm older, Gotta get up clean the place - Nick Drake (from 'Place to Be')
If he tells me all he knows, About the way his river flows - Nick Drake (from 'River Man')
Saturday sun came early one morning, In a sky so clear and blue - Nick Drake (from 'Saturday Sun')
My whole existence is flawed - Nine Inch Nails (from 'Closer')
God is dead and no one cares. If there is a hell I'll see you there - Nine Inch Nails (from 'Heresy')
I focus on the pain, The only thing that's real - Nine Inch Nails (from 'Hurt')
What have I become, my sweetest friend? Everyone I know, goes away In the end - Nine inch Nails (from 'Hurt')
I won't let you fall apart - Nine Inch Nails (from 'The Fragile')
I wish I was like you, Easily amused - Nirvana (from 'All Apologies')
I'm so ugly. But that's ok. 'Cause so are you. - Nirvana (from 'Lithium')
I own my own pet virus. I get to pet and name her - Nirvana (from 'Milk It')
Love myself better than you - Nirvana (from 'On A Plain')
I love you for what I am not, I did not want what I have got - Nirvana (from 'Radio Friendly Unit Shifter')
This had nothing to do with what you think, If you ever think at all - Nirvana (from 'Radio Friendly Unit Shifter')
Here we are now, Entertain us - Nirvana (from 'Smells Like Teen Spirit')
It's okay to eat fish, 'Cause they don't have any feelings - Nirvana (from 'Something In The Way')
Where were you while we were getting high? - Oasis (from 'Champagne Supernova')
And I know you're not her because the girl of my dreams is probably God, still I want you - of Montreal (from 'She's A Rejecter')
Let's pretend we don't exist. Let's pretend we're in Antarctica - of Montreal (from 'Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games')
You say that there's a thousand like you, Maybe that's true, I fell for you and nobody else - Orange Juice (from 'Falling And Laughing')
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay, Watchin' the tide roll away - Otis Redding (from 'Sitting on the Dock of the Bay')
I'm not trying to forget you, I just like to be alone - Panda Bear (from 'Bro's')
Coolness is having Courage - Panda Bear (from 'Comfy in Nautica')
Winning is what you want to, winning what you're scared to go for - Panda Bear (from 'Comfy in Nautica')
Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine - Patti Smith (from 'Gloria')
Every generation throws a hero up the pop charts - Paul Simon (from 'The Boy in the Bubble')
Well, pardon my birth, I just slipped out - Pavement (from 'Folk Jam')
And you're the kind of girl I like, Because you're empty, and I'm empty - Pavement (from 'Gold Soundz')
And your jokes are always bad. But they're not as bad as this - Pavement (from 'Here')
I was dressed for success, but success it never comes - Pavement (from 'Here')
I'm the only one who laughs at your jokes when they are so bad, and your jokes are always bad - Pavement (from 'Here')
You're so beautiful to look at when you cry - Pavement (from 'Shady Lane')
He let me smoke weed in his truck. If I could convince him I loved him enough - Perfume Genius (from 'Mr. Peterson')
I've got the brains, you've got the looks, Let's make lots of money - Pet Shop Boys (from 'Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money)')
I don't like much, really, do I? But what I do like, I love passionately - Pet Shop Boys (from 'Paninaro')
You're the only one who really knew me at all - Phil Collins (from 'Against All Odds')
Marmalade, I like marmalade... - Pink Floyd (from 'Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast')
We don't need no education, We don't need no thought control - Pink Floyd (from 'Another Brick in the Wall Part 2')
Jupiter and Saturn, Oberon, Miranda and Titania. Neptune, Titan, Stars can frighten - Pink Floyd (from 'Astronomy Domine')
I know a mouse and he hasn't got a house, I don't know why I call him Gerald - Pink Floyd (from 'Bike')
The lunatic is in my head - Pink Floyd (from 'Brain Damage')
And all you touch and all you see, Is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd (from 'Breathe')
Together we stand, Divided we fall - Pink Floyd (from 'Hey You')
Mother, should I run for President? - Pink Floyd (from 'Mother')
Got thirteen channels of shit on the TV to choose from - Pink Floyd (from 'Nobody Home')
No one told you when to run. You missed the starting gun - Pink Floyd (from 'Time')
Welcome my son, Welcome to the machine - Pink Floyd (from 'Welcome to the Machine')
Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd (from 'Wish You Were Here')
So you think you can tell, Heaven from Hell, Blue skies from pain - Pink Floyd (from 'Wish You Were Here')
We're just two lost souls. Swimming in a fish bowl, Year after year - Pink Floyd (from 'Wish You Were Here')
You're so pretty when you're unfaithful to me - Pixies (from 'Bone Machine')
Don't know about you, but I am un chien Andalusia - Pixies (from 'Debaser')
If man is 5, Then the devil is 6 - Pixies (from 'Monkey Gone to Heaven')
Got hips like Cinderella - Pixies (from 'Tame')
I'm making good friends with you. When you're shaking your good frame - Pixies (from 'Tame')
With your feet in the air, and your head on the ground, Try this trick and spin it! - Pixies (from 'Where is My Mind')
Little fish. big fish. Swimming in the water. Come back here, man. gimme my daughter - PJ Harvey (from 'Down By The Water')
England's dancing days are done - PJ Harvey (from 'Let England Shake')
You snake, you crawled between my legs - PJ Harvey (from 'Snake')
I've laid with the devil, Cursed God above, Forsaken heaven, To bring you my love - PJ Harvey (from 'To Bring You My Love')
Dark matter flowing out on to a tape. Is only as loud as the silence it breaks - Porcupine Tree (from 'Dark Matter')
No matter how far I drift, deep waters won't scare me tonight - Portishead (from 'Deep Water')
I'm so tired of playing, Playing with this bow and arrow - Portishead (from 'Glory Box')
Far beyond the shrinking skies. Where money talks and leaves us hypnotized - Portishead (from 'Half Day Closing')
Cos nobody loves me. It's true. Not like you do - Portishead (from 'Sour Times')
I wasn't born to follow. I live just for today, don't care about tomorrow - Primal Scream (from 'Higher Than the Sun')
What I got in my head. You can't buy, steal or borrow - Primal Scream (from 'Higher Than The Sun')
You got the money, I got the soul - Primal Scream (from 'Kill All Hippies')
I do believe in Captain Crunch, For I am the Frizzle Fry - Primus (from 'Frizzle Fry')
Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last - Prince (from '1999')
This one's for the rich, not all of 'em, just the greedy, The ones that don't know how to give - Prince (from 'Lady Cab Driver')
Dearly beloved, We are gathered here today to get through this thing called life - Prince (from 'Let's Go Crazy')
You better live now before the grim reaper comes knocking on your door - Prince (from 'Let's Go Crazy')
It's been seven hours and fifteen days, Since u took your love away - Prince (from 'Nothing Compares 2 U')
I only wanted to see you bathing in the purple rain - Prince (from 'Purple Rain')
Maybe you're just like my mother. She's never satisfied - Prince (from 'When Doves Cry')
Illuminati want my mind, soul and my body - Prodigy (from 'Illuminati')
Secret Society trying to keep their eye on me - Prodigy (from 'Illuminati')
Elvis was a hero to most, But he never meant shit to me - Public Enemy (from 'Fight the Power')
Most of my heroes don't appear on stamps - Public Enemy (from 'Fight the Power')
I could be wrong, I could be right. I could be black, I could be white - Public Image Limited (from 'Rise')
Smoke some fags and play some pool, pretend you never went to school - Pulp (from 'Common People')
When I came around to call, You didn't notice me at all - Pulp (from 'Disco 2000')
Won't it be strange when we're all fully grown? - Pulp (from 'Disco 2000')
You are the habit I can't seem to quit - Pulp (from 'Like a Friend')
How the hell did you get here? Semi-naked in somebody else's room - Pulp (from 'Underwear')
If fashion is your trade, Then when you're naked, I guess you must be unemployed - Pulp (from 'Underwear')
I might sell a brick on my birthday, 36 years of doing dirt like it's Earth Day - Pusha T (from 'Numbers on the Boards')
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? - Queen (from 'Bohemian Rhapsody')
Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time - Queen (from 'Don't Stop Me Now')
Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol - Queens of the Stone Age (from 'Feel Good Hit of the Summer')
If life is but a dream, then, Wake me up - Queens of the Stone Age (from 'Keep Your Eyes Peeled')
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky - R. Kelly (from 'I Believe I Can Fly')
In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the universe - Radiohead (from 'Airbag')
But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? - Radiohead (from 'Creep')
I don't wanna be your friend, I just wanna be your lover - Radiohead (from 'House of Cards')
I'm not here, This isn't happening - Radiohead (from 'How To Disappear Completely')
Wish away your nightmare, Wish away the nightmare - Radiohead (from 'Jigsaw Falling into Place')
For for a minute there, I lost myself - Radiohead (from 'Karma Police')
I'll take a quiet life, A handshake of carbon monoxide - Radiohead (from 'No Surprises')
No alarms and no surprises - Radiohead (from 'No Surprises')
You'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking - Radiohead (from 'Nude')
I'm a reasonable man, Get off my case - Radiohead (from 'Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box')
Just 'cause you feel it, Doesn't mean it's there - Radiohead (from 'There There')
All the girls are in love with me, I'm a teenage lobotomy - Ramones (from 'Teenage Labotomy')
Tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards - Rebecca Black (from 'Friday')
Oldness comes with a smile, To every love given child - Red House Painters (from '24')
I see the pain in those brown eyes, Fires burn in autumn skies - Red House Painters (from 'Brown Eyes')
Prayers always die in time - Red House Painters (from 'Down Colorful Hill')
Save me from my sickness and tell me why are you like this? - Red House Painters (from 'Grace Cathedral Park')
When we were kids, we hated things our parents did - Red House Painters (from 'Have You Forgotten')
This dictionary never has a word for the way I'm feeling - Red House Painters (from 'Japanese to English')
Without you what does my life amount to? - Red House Painters (from 'Katy Song')
Lord kill the pain, Don't want to ask you again - Red House Painters (from 'Lord Kill the Pain')
Giving into love and sharing my time, Letting someone into my misery - Red House Painters (from 'Medicine Bottle')
Like a medicine bottle, In my hand I will hold you, And swallow you slowly - Red House Painters (from 'Medicine Bottle')
The hurting never ends like birthdays and old friends - Red House Painters (from 'Medicine Bottle')
I need someone much more mysterious. To be my, to be my miss. To be my mistress - Red House Painters (from 'Mistress')
The attention I need is much more serious. A kind of weight you couldn't lift - Red House Painters (from 'Mistress')
New Jersey ain't the whole world - Red House Painters (from 'New Jersey')
It's our duty as Californians, To show a new life - Red House Painters (from 'Strawberry Hill')
A person can work up a mean mean thirst, after a hard day of nothin' much at all - Replacements (from 'Here Comes a Regular')
Bitch better have my money - Rihanna (from 'Bitch Better Have My Money')
Now that it's raining more than ever, Know that we'll still have each other - Rihanna (from 'Umbrella')
Does she love you better than I can? - Robyn (from 'Dancing On My Own')
I might like you better if we slept together - Romeo Void (from 'Never Say Never')
I'm wishing on a star, To follow where you are - Rose Royce (from 'Wishing On A Star')
I only cry wolf. When all my sheep are dead - Saccharine Trust (from 'A Human Certainty')
I'm a good boy, but I'm a better girl - Sadistik (from 'Chemical Burns')
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end - Semisonic (from 'Closing Time')
Things are looking blacker. But black is looking whiter - Shabazz Palaces (from 'Youlogy')
The elephants are kindly, but they are dumb - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'At the Zoo')
Preserve your memories, They're all that's left of you - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'Bookends')
Time it was, And what a time it was, It was - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'Bookends')
Time, Time, Time, See what's become of me - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'Hazy Shade of Winter')
On a tour of one night stands, My suitcase and guitar in hand - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'Homeward Bound')
I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'I Am A Rock')
And here I am, The only living boy in New York - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'The Only Living Boy in New York')
Hello darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'The Sound of Silence')
The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls - Simon & Garfunkel (from 'The Sound of Silence')
Here's what we call our golden rule, Have faith in you and the things you do - Sister Sledge (from 'We Are Family')
Like swimming underwater in the darkness, like walking through an empty house - Slint (from 'Don, Aman')
I miss you - Slint (from 'Good Morning, Captain')
Goodnight my love, Remember me as you fall asleep - Slint (from 'Washer')
Listen close and don't be stoned, I'll be here in the morning, cause I'm just floating - Slowdive (from 'Alison')
Blood's thicker than mud, It's a family affair - Sly and the Family Stone (from 'Family Affair')
Thank you for letting me be myself - Sly and the Family Stone (from 'Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Again')
Too late to turn back now, I'm running out of sound - Smashing Pumpkins (from 'Galapogos')
My smile is my make up, I wear since my break up with you - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles (from 'The Tracks of my Tears')
People say I'm the life of the party. Cause I tell a joke or two - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles (from 'The Tracks of my Tears')
It begins with a blessing, But it ends with a curse, Making life easy by making it worse - Soft Machine (from 'Why Are We Sleeping?')
I need a flamingo to put on my front lawn, I need a front lawn - Sole (from 'I Don't Rap in Bumper Stickers')
It's safe to say, Candle, Tonight's the day, Candle - Sonic Youth (from 'Candle')
Schizophrenia is taking me home - Sonic Youth (from 'Schizophrenia')
Time to get it. Before you let it. Get to you. - Sonic Youth (from 'Teenage Riot')
Black hole sun. Won't you come. And wash away the rain - Soundgarden (from 'Black Hole Sun')
Do your thing girl and do it loud - Spacemen 3 (from 'Mary Anne')
The parasites will love you when you're dead. La la la, la la - Sparklehorse (from 'Weird Sisters')
Gonna hang myself from my family tree - Sparks (from 'In My Family')
Though I have a broken heart, I'm too busy to be heartbroken - Spiritualized (from 'Broken Heart')
All I want in life's a little bit of love to take the pain away - Spiritualized (from 'Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space')
So please put your sweet hand in mine, and float in space, and drift in time - Spiritualized (from 'We Are Floating in Space')
They could take or leave you, So they took you, and they left you - St. Vincent (from 'Cruel')
What's the point of doing anything? - St. Vincent (from 'Digital Witness')
If there's been a way to build it, There'll be a way to destroy it - Stereolab (from 'Crest')
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker, I get my lovin' on the run - Steve Miller Band (from 'The Joker')
Exploitation, Mutilation, Mutations, Miscreation, Confirmation to the evils of the world - Stevie Wonder (from 'Pastime Paradise')
Photographic ordinary people are everywhere - Sufjan Stevens (from 'I Want to be Well')
Look beneath the floorboards, For the secrets I have hid - Sufjan Stevens (from 'John Wayne Gacy, Jr.')
We're all Frankies, we're all lying in hell - Suicide (from 'Frankie Teardrop')
A man is an insect is a flame, And God is the old man to blame - Sun City Girls (from 'A Man is an Insect, Is a Flame')
You drug me with kindness, So I can pretend I exist - Swans (from 'Helpless Child')
I own this hole. It's mine. Get out of my hole - Swans (from 'This Is Mine')
I've been looking all over the place for a place for me, But it ain't anywhere - Syd Barrett (from 'Vegetable Man')
I danced myself right out of the womb. Is it strange to dance so soon? - T-Rex (from 'Cosmic Dancer')
I'm just a vampire for your love - T-Rex (from 'Jeepster')
Everybody needs someone to live by - Talk Talk (from 'Eden')
Beauty is naked - Talk Talk (from 'Life's What You Make It')
Errant days filled me - Talk Talk (from 'New Grass')
Facts are simple and facts are straight, Facts are lazy and facts are late - Talking Heads (from 'Crosseyed And Painless')
As we get older and stop making sense - Talking Heads (from 'Girlfriend is Better')
I got a girlfriend with bows in her hair, And nothing is better than that - Talking Heads (from 'Girlfriend is Better')
Everyone is trying to get to the bar. The name of the bar, the bar is called Heaven - Talking Heads (from 'Heaven')
This ain't no party, This ain't no disco - Talking Heads (from 'Life During Wartime')
So many people… have their problems. I'm not interested… in their problems - Talking Heads (from 'No Compassion')
And you may tell yourself, "This is not my beautiful wife" - Talking Heads (from 'Once in a Lifetime')
Psycho killer, Qu'est-ce que c'est, fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa - Talking Heads (from 'Psycho Killer')
You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything - Talking Heads (from 'Psycho Killer')
Well we know we're goin', But we don't know where we've been - Talking Heads (from 'Road to Nowhere')
The world moves on a woman's hips - Talking Heads (from 'The Great Curve')
There was a time, Before we were born, If someone asks, this where I'll be - Talking Heads (from 'This Must be the Place')
Welcome to your life, There's no turning back - Tears for Fears (from 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World')
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had - Tears for Fears (from 'Mad World')
Shout, shout, let it all out. These are the things I can do without - Tears for Fears (from 'Shout')
I recall, lightning struck itself - Television (from 'Marquee Moon')
Look here junior, don't you be so happy. And for Heaven's sake, don't you be so sad - Television (from 'Marquee Moon')
I've woken up, I'm in our bed, But there's no breathing body there beside me - The Antlers (from 'Epilogue')
And I didn't believe them. When they told me that there. Was no saving you. - The Antlers (from 'Kettering')
You had a new dream, it was more like a nightmare - The Antlers (from 'Two Lyrics')
Like the summer sunshine, Pour your sweetness over me - The Archies (from 'Sugar, Sugar')
That boy needs therapy - The Avalanches (from 'Frontier Psychiatrist')
Since I left you, I found the world so new - The Avalanches (from 'Since I Left You')
"God only knows what I'd be without you
  - The Beach Boys (from 'God Only Knows')"
I'm picking up good vibrations, She's giving me excitations - The Beach Boys (from 'Good Vibrations')
I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip - The Beach Boys (from 'I Get Around')
I guess I just wasn't made for these times - The Beach Boys (from 'I Just Wasn't Made For These Times')
Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, Then we wouldn't have to wait so long - The Beach Boys (from 'Wouldn't it be Nice')
I read the news today, Oh boy - The Beatles (from 'A Day in the Life')
Jai guru deva, om, Nothing's gonna change my world - The Beatles (from 'Across the Universe')
There's nothing you can do that can't be done - The Beatles (from 'All You Need Is Love')
'Cause I don't care too much for money, Money can't buy me love - The Beatles (from 'Can't Buy Me Love')
All the lonely people, Where do they all belong? - The Beatles (from 'Eleanor Rigby')
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer - The Beatles (from 'Helter Skelter')
Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better - The Beatles (from 'Hey Jude')
I am he as you are he as you are me - The Beatles (from 'I Am The Walrus')
I am the eggman, They are the eggmen, I am the walrus - The Beatles (from 'I Am The Walrus')
Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight - The Beatles (from 'I'm Looking Through You')
I once had a girl, or should I say, She once had me - The Beatles (from 'Norwegian Wood')
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make - The Beatles (from 'The End')
Lay down all thoughts, Surrender to the void - The Beatles (from 'Tomorrow Never Knows')
Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream, It is not dying, it is not dying - The Beatles (from 'Tomorrow Never Knows')
I get by with a little help from my friends - The Beatles (from 'With a Little Help From My Friends')
Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be. - The Beatles (from 'Yesterday')
Something is happening, which is not happening at all - The Books (from 'Take Time')
You're making out with schoolkids, Winos and heads of state - The Buzzcocks (from 'Orgasm Addict')
I lost my direction while dodging the flak - The Chameleons (from 'Up the Down Escalator')
You got drunk and fell down. I wish I could be like you - The Clash (from 'City of the Dead')
Death or glory, becomes just another story - The Clash (from 'Death or Glory')
When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come? - The Clash (from 'Guns of Brixton')
Cos killers in America, Work seven days a week - The Clash (from 'I'm So Bored With the U.S.A.')
London calling, now don't look to us, Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust - The Clash (from 'London Calling')
I wasn't born so much as I fell out - The Clash (from 'Lost in the Supermarket')
And when I told him I had been untrue, He hit me and it felt like a kiss - The Crystals (from 'He Hit Me (It Felt Like a Kiss)')
I would tell you, That I loved you, If I thought that you would stay - The Cure (from 'Boys Don't Cry')
If only I could fill my heart with love - The Cure (from 'Closedown')
You can never get enough, enough of this stuff. It's Friday, I'm in love! - The Cure (from 'Friday I'm in Love')
Yesterday I got so old. It made me want to cry - The Cure (from 'In Between Days')
It's the grooviest thing. It's the perfect dream - The Cure (from 'The Lovecats')
Let's build a wall, against the cynical acts - The Dodos (from 'Nerds')
I want a lover and a sister, but we know that's not right - The Dodos (from 'Winter')
I wish I could pretend you make me try - The Dodos (from 'Winter')
You used to listen to my music, I always wondered why - The Dodos (from 'Winter')
I found an island in your arms, Country in your eyes - The Doors (from 'Break on Through')
Tried to run. Tried to hide. Break on through to the other side - The Doors (from 'Break on Through')
Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name? - The Doors (from 'Hello, I Love You')
Come on baby, light my fire - The Doors (from 'Light my Fire')
People are strange when you're a stranger. Faces look ugly when you're alone. - The Doors (from 'People Are Strange')
Music is your only friend, Until the end - The Doors (from 'When the Music's Over')
God damn the pedantic Welsh - The Fall (from 'Tempo House')
Emma's house is empty, So why do I call it Emma's house? - The Field Mice (from 'Emma's House')
We all need to feel safe, Then that's taken away - The Field Mice (from 'Sensitive')
Do you realize - that everyone you know someday will die? - The Flaming Lips (from 'Do You Realize??')
You realize the sun doesn't go down, It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round - The Flaming Lips (from 'Do You Realize??')
They're just humans, With wives and children - The Flaming Lips (from 'Race for the Prize')
Love is the greatest thing our heart can know - The Flaming Lips (from 'The Spiderbite')
And as your ship leaves in the distance, my world gets smaller. - The Flaming Lips (from 'They Punctured My Yolk')
People get ready, There's a train a comin', You don't need no baggage, You just get on board - The Impressions (from 'People Get Ready')
And a hundred lonely housewives clutch empty milk bottles to their hearts - The Jam (from 'A Town Called Malice')
And the public gets what the public wants, But I want nothing this society's got - The Jam (from 'Going Underground')
Watching the telly and thinking 'bout your holidays, That’s entertainment - The Jam (from 'That's Entertainment')
When she walks towards me I feel something crawl beneath my skin - The Jesus and Mary Chain (from 'Cherry Came Too')
Listen to the girl, As she takes on half the world - The Jesus and Mary Chain (from 'Just Like Honey')
Take off your shoes if you're going to dance on me - The Jesus Lizard (from 'Perk')
Excuse me while I kiss the sky - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (from 'Purple Haze')
Is it tomorrow, Or just the end of time? - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (from 'Purple Haze')
It started out with a kiss, How did it end up like this? - The Killers (from 'Mr. Brightside?')
People take pictures of each other, Just to prove that they really existed - The Kinks (from 'People Take Pictures Of Each Other')
People take pictures of the Summer, Just in case someone thought they had missed it - The Kinks (from 'People Take Pictures Of Each Other')
And Daisy's married Tom the grocer boy, And now he owns a grocery. - The Kinks (from 'Village Green Preservation Society')
We are the Sherlock Holmes English speaking vernacular - The Kinks (from 'Village Green Preservation Society')
As long as they gaze on Waterloo sunset, They are in paradise - The Kinks (from 'Waterloo Sunset')
Yes in a dream all my teeth fell out, A cracked smile and a silent shout - The Knife (from 'Silent Shout')
I am the captain of the love brigade - The La's (from 'Liberty Ship')
He was burned by the twentieth century. Now he's doing time - The La's (from 'Son of a Gun')
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot? - The Libertines (from 'Time For Heroes')
Some fall in love, I shatter - The Magnetic Fields (from 'I Shatter')
'Cause I always say "I love you.", When I mean: "Turn out the light." - The Magnetic Fields (from 'I Think I Need A New Heart')
Love is like a bottle of gin. But a bottle of gin is not like love - The Magnetic Fields (from 'Love is Like a Bottle of Gin.')
I held you down when you had seizures - The Magnetic Fields (from 'Railroad Boy')
The book of love is long and boring. - The Magnetic Fields (from 'The Book of Love')
Harry is the one I think you'll marry, But it's Chris that you kissed after school. - The Magnetic Fields (from 'The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side')
Oh, I could write a song about the way you say good-night - The Magnetic Fields (from 'The Way You Say Good-Night')
Pull the pins, Save your grace, Mark these words, On his grave - The Mars Volta (from 'Televators')
I go to bakeries all day long. There's a lack of sweetness in my life. - The Modern Lovers (from 'Hospital')
Roadrunner, Roadrunner, Going faster miles an hour! - The Modern Lovers (from 'Roadrunner')
When you punish a person for dreaming his dream, Don't expect him to thank or forgive you - The Mountain Goats (from 'The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton')
We'll stay inside til somebody finds us. Do whatever the TV tells us - The National (from 'Apartment Story')
Do not tell me I've changed. You're just raising your standards - The National (from 'Beautiful Head')
I am secretly in love with, Everyone that I grew up with - The National (from 'Demons')
Sorrow found me when I was young, Sorrow waited, sorrow won - The National (from 'Sorrow')
I guess a twinkle in her eye is just a twinkle in her eye - The Pharcyde (from 'Passing Me By')
Slicing up eyeballs, I want you to know - The Pixies (from 'Debaser')
Every smile you fake, Every claim you stake, I'll be watching you - The Police (from 'Every Breath You Take')
Love can mend your life, But love can break your heart - The Police (from 'Message in a Bottle')
Giant steps are what you take, Walking on the moon - The Police (from 'Walking on the Moon')
We'll hide in the savage sea, It's the only direction for you and me - The Pop Group (from 'Savage Sea')
I got a bone to pick with capitalism and a few to break - The Refused (from 'Worms of the Senses')
How young are you? How old am I? Let's count the rings around my eyes - The Replacements (from 'I Will Dare')
You're looking funny. You ain't laughing, are you? - The Replacements (from 'Sixteen Blue')
War, children, It's just a shot away - The Rolling Stones (from 'Gimme Shelter')
I see a red door and I want it painted black - The Rolling Stones (from 'Paint it Black')
I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping - The Rolling Stones (from 'Rocks Off')
Please, Sister Morphine, turn my nightmares into dreams - The Rolling Stones (from 'Sister Morphine')
Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name. - The Rolling Stones (from 'Sympathy For The Devil')
Wild horses, couldn't drag me away - The Rolling Stones (from 'Wild Horses')
But if you try sometimes well you just might find, You get what you need  - The Rolling Stones (from 'You Can't Always Get What You Want')
I am an anti-Christ, And I am an anarchist - The Sex Pistols (from 'Anarchy In The UK')
I think I'll go home and mull this over before I cram it down my throat - The Shins (from 'Caring is Creepy')
Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, So you understand less as the pages turn - The Shins (from 'Pink Bullets')
I fell into a winter slide, And ended up the kind of kid who goes down chutes too narrow - The Shins (from 'Young Pilgrims')
And we don't know just where our bones will rest, To dust I guess - The Smashing Pumpkins (from '1979')
The killer in me is the killer in you - The Smashing Pumpkins (from 'Disarm')
Sing me to sleep, And then leave me alone - The Smiths (from 'Asleep')
A dreaded sunny day. So I meet you at the cemetry gates. Keats and Yeats are on your side. - The Smiths (from 'Cemetry Gates')
If you must write prose and poems, The words you use should be your own - The Smiths (from 'Cemetry Gates')
Do you have a vacancy, For a back scrubber? - The Smiths (from 'Half a Person')
No, it's not like any other love; this one's different because it's us - The Smiths (from 'Hand in Glove')
I was looking for a job and then I found a job, And heaven knows, I'm miserable now - The Smiths (from 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now')
I am the son and heir of nothing in particular - The Smiths (from 'How Soon is Now?')
I know it's over, And it never really began, But in my heart it was so real - The Smiths (from 'I Know it's Over')
If you're so very good-looking, Why do you sleep alone tonight? - The Smiths (from 'I Know It's Over')
It's so easy to laugh. It's so easy to hate. It takes strength to be gentle and kind. - The Smiths (from 'I Know It's Over')
Loud, loutish lover, treat her kindly. Though she needs you more than she loves you - The Smiths (from 'I Know it's Over')
And the turkey you festively slice, Is MURDER - The Smiths (from 'Meat is Murder')
But still I'd rather be famous than righteous or holy - The Smiths (from 'Mr. Shankly')
I had a really bad dream; It lasted 20 years, seven months, and 27 days - The Smiths (from 'Never Had No One Ever')
Haven't had a dream in a long time - The Smiths (from 'Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want')
I dreamt about you last night, and I fell out of bed twice - The Smiths (from 'Reel Around the Fountain')
Does the body rule the mind, Or does the mind rule the body? I don't know.... - The Smiths (from 'Still Ill')
England is mine and it owes me a living - The Smiths (from 'Still Ill')
To die by your side. Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine - The Smiths (from 'There is a Light That Never Goes Out')
I wear black on the outside, 'Cause black is how I feel on the inside - The Smiths (from 'Unloveable')
I'd leap in front of a flying bullet for you - The Smiths (from 'What Difference Does It Make?')
I smoke because I'm hoping for an early death - The Smiths (from 'What She Said')
Would you like to marry me? And if you like you can buy the ring - The Smiths (from 'William, it Was Really Nothing')
I am right and you are wrong - The Smiths (from 'You've Got Everything Now')
I am the resurrection and I am the light - The Stone Roses (from 'I am the Resurrection')
I don't have to sell my soul, He's already in me - The Stone Roses (from 'I Wanna be Adored')
You adore me - The Stone Roses (from 'I Wanna be Adored')
I'll meet a pike who'll wolf me down for tea tonight - The Stone Roses (from 'Mersey Paradise')
The past was yours, But the future's mine - The Stone Roses (from 'She Bangs the Drums')
It's another year for me and you, Another year with nothing to do - The Stooges (from '1969')
Baby with me in the heat turn me loose on you - The Stooges (from 'Death Trip')
Honey come and be my enemy so I can love you true - The Stooges (from 'Death Trip')
And now I wanna be your dog - The Stooges (from 'I Wanna be Your Dog')
The room is on fire as she's fixing her hair - The Strokes (from 'Reptilia')
Bless my cotton socks, I'm in the news - The Teardrop Explodes (from 'Reward')
I've got sunshine on a cloudy day - The Temptations (from 'My Girl')
So happy together - The Turtles (from 'So Happy Together')
All the people are dancing and they're having such fun, I wish it could happen to me - The Velvet Underground (from 'After Hours')
And what costume shall the poor girl wear, To all tomorrow's parties - The Velvet Underground (from 'All Tomorrow's Parties')
I wore my teeth in my hands, So I could mess the hair of the night - The Velvet Underground (from 'Beginning to See the Light')
Candy says, "I've come to hate my body, And all that it requires in this world" - The Velvet Underground (from 'Candy Says')
I have made the big decision, I'm gonna try to nullify my life - The Velvet Underground (from 'Heroin')
When I'm rushing on my run, And I feel just like Jesus' son - The Velvet Underground (from 'Heroin')
I found a reason to keep living. Oh and the reason, dear, is you - The Velvet Underground (from 'I Found a Reason')
I'll be your mirror, Reflect what you are, in case you don't know - The Velvet Underground (from 'I'll Be Your Mirror')
But if you close the door, I'll never have to see the day again - The Velvet Underground (from 'If You Close the Door')
Tongue of thongs, The belt that does await you - The Velvet Underground (from 'Venus in Furs')
Trying to make ends meet, You're a slave to the money then you die - The Verve (from 'Bitter Sweet Symphony')
All this talk of getting old, It's getting me down my love - The Verve (from 'The Drugs Don't Work')
If you can hear a piano fall, You can hear me coming down the hall - The White Stripes (from 'Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground')
But if you're headed to the grave, you don't blame the hearse - The White Stripes (from 'Effect And Cause')
And the stains coming from my blood, Tell me go back home - The White Stripes (from 'Seven Nation Army')
Don't cry, Don't raise your eye, It's only teenage wasteland - The Who (from 'Baba O'Riley')
No one knows what it's like. To be the bad man. To be the sad man. Behind blue eyes - The Who (from 'Behind Blue Eyes')
The people on the hill, they say I'm lazy, But when they sleep, I sing and dance - The Who (from 'Blue Red And Grey')
I hope I die before I get old - The Who (from 'My Generation')
That deaf, dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball - The Who (from 'Pinball Wizard')
See me, feel me, touch me, heal me - The Who (from 'See Me, Feel Me')
I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth - The Who (from 'Substitute')
Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss - The Who (from 'Won't Get Fooled Again')
Let's dance to Joy Division and celebrate the irony - The Wombats (from 'Let's Dance To Joy Division')
You got a big boy knife, just to take her life - Thee Headcoatees (from 'Davey Crockett')
I want something else, To get me through this. Semi-charmed kinda life - Third Eye Blind (from 'Semi-Charmed Life')
Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to - TLC (from 'Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls')
I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (from 'Learning to Fly')
Don't you know there ain't no devil, There's just God when he's drunk - Tom Waits (from 'Heartattack and Vine')
How can this mean anything to me if I really don't feel anything at all? - Tool (from 'Stinkfist')
So I was innocent of what they done to me, They was wrong - Toots and the Maytals (from '54-46 Was My Number')
I bless the rains down in Africa - Toto (from 'Africa')
Her eyes were laughter, Her touch divine, Her face was crystal, And she was mine - Townes Van Zandt (from 'Like A Summer Thursday')
You got a fast car. Is it fast enough so we can fly away? - Tracy Chapman (from 'Fast Car')
Poor people gonna rise up, And get their share - Tracy Chapman (from 'Talkin 'bout a Revolution')
I keep her warm, but we never kiss - Tricky (from 'Suffocated Love')
In my mind I'm drowning butterflies. Broken dreams and alibis; That's fine - TV On The Radio (from 'Dancing Choose')
Suddenly all your history's ablaze, Try to breathe as the world disintegrates - TV On The Radio (from 'Province')
This is what the devil plays before he goes to sleep - Tyler the Creator (from 'Bastard')
Starting a landslide in my ego, Look from the outside, To the world I left behind - U2 (from 'A Day Without Me')
I believe in the Kingdom Come. - U2 (from 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For')
I have climbed highest mountains, I have run through the fields, Only to be with you - U2 (from 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For')
One love, One blood, One life, You got to do what you should - U2 (from 'One')
You gave me nothing, Now it's all I got - U2 (from 'One')
It's Dom Perignon, it's supposed to bubble - UGK (from 'It's Supposed to Bubble')
Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors - UGK Feat. Outkast (from 'Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)')
But you got the luck of a Kennedy - Vampire Weekend (from 'Diane Young')
Wisdom's a gift, but you'd trade it for youth - Vampire Weekend (from 'Step')
Wrapped up in your magic shroud as ecstasy surrounds you - Van Morrison (from 'Beside You')
I would disturb your easy tranquility. I'd turn away the sad impossibility of your smile - Vashti Bunyan (from 'I'd Like to Walk Around in Your Mind')
If we're lucky we'll get old and die - Viet Cong (from 'Pointless Experience')
There's four sides to every story, if these walls could talk they'd probably still ignore me - Viktor Vaughn (from 'Lickupon')
I'll take a bow and say goodnight - Violent Femmes (from 'Add It Up')
You'll cowards don't even smoke crack - Viper The Rapper (from 'You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack')
Heaven isn't too far away. Closer to it every day - Warrant (from 'Heaven Isn't Too Far Away')
Oh, the redhead said you shred the cello, And I'm jello, baby - Weezer (from 'El Scorcho')
What could you possibly see in little ol' 3-chord me? - Weezer (from 'Falling for You')
I play my stupid songs, I write these stupid words, And I love every one - Weezer (from 'In The Garage')
Say it ain't so! My love is a life-taker - Weezer (from 'Say It Ain't So')
Look at me I'm white n' nerdy! - Weird Al Yankovic (from 'White & Nerdy')
I would like to salute the ashes of American flags - Wilco (from 'Ashes of American Flags')
I am an American aquarium drinker - Wilco (from 'I am Trying to Break Your Heart')
Let's forget about the tongue-tied lightning. Let's undress just like cross-eyed strangers - Wilco (from 'I am Trying to Break Your Heart')
This is not a joke, so please stop smiling - Wilco (from 'I am Trying to Break Your Heart')
What was I thinking when I let go of you? - Wilco (from 'I am Trying to Break Your Heart')
Please don't cry we're designed to die - Wilco (from 'On and On and On')
I dreamed about killing you again last night, And it felt alright to me - Wilco (from 'Via Chicago')
You can still stand tall, Just be thankful for what you've got - William DeVaughn (from 'Be Thankful for What You've Got')
You can't make a record if you ain't got nothin' to say - Willie Nelson (from 'Shotgun Willie')
Give me your eyes, I need sunshine - Wolf Parade (from 'I'll Believe In Anything')
Cash rules everything around me - Wu-Tang Clan (from 'C.R.E.A.M.')
Neglected, for now, but yo, it gots to be accepted, that what? That life is hectic - Wu-Tang Clan (from 'C.R.E.A.M.')
It's always the good ones that have to die - Wu-Tang Clan (from 'Life Changes')
The world's a mess, it's in my kiss - X (from 'The World's A Mess It's In My Kiss')
We'll take a tumble excuse for a fumble, Shocked me too the things we used to do on grass - XTC (from 'Grass')
All I needed was the love you gave. All I needed for another day - Yazoo (from 'Only You')
Wait. They don't love you like I love you - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (from 'Maps')
I like to sleep with him, Pushing in the pin - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (from 'Pin')
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 02/28/2017 08:04
  • Post subject:
"My nuts hang like ribs in a meat truck"
"Pockets lumpy like puffer fish"
"My trail of broken hearts is like ocean sharks"
"The weed loud but the money quiet"
"I'm too pretty, don't pity me, just a ghetto boy like Willie D"
"Read the bulletin, you just some shit to put some bullets in"
"My smile's porcelain, my hood's a gauntlet"
"My shoes worth an MF Doom verse"
"Crack tore my fam apart, but it bought my first apartment"

All by Roc Marciano.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 03/01/2017 20:46
  • Post subject:
"When you get high enough, you can dodge raindrops" - Future
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 03/01/2017 21:07
  • Post subject:
"Cubana, mi ana, Yolanda, Sholanda, Miyana, Mufasa, I don't know Spanish, I barely talk proper" - Future