The White Stripes by The White Stripes _________________ "Drink beer, smoke pot, and create something that will storm heaven. That's all I ever really cared about." - Ron House
Wow, this might be my favorite release from them. I still need to listen to their latest (which will be after this final track), but wow. I'm floored. Even without Craig Owens, they managed to put out a QUALITY release.
Brilliant! Genius! Who are these motherfuckers?!?!
Judging from the cover art, they probably geek out over Yes. ๐
edit: Underwater Journey is just that. It feels like I'm underwater. As someone who swims a lot, I can confirm that you've captured the subtle ways sound echoes underwater perfectly. If their was an Ambient 5 Eno album entitled Under Water, this is probably what it would sound like.
edit2: Have you guys listened to Flying Saucer Attack? You should definitely check them out. Incline reminds me of Flying Saucer Attack's muted, disintegrating ambient collages. Very natural. I love how the song evolves so smoothly and effortlessly as if nature was just taking its course.
They say flattery doesn't get you anywhere. They lie.
Also yes I have listened to them (thank you Tom) and I gotta say this album couldn't've flowed as well or near as well without Happymeal. I did a lot of the skeletal stuff but he's the one who brought that flow. I make disjointed sounds - Happymeal made it music. He was a joy to work with and I hope we can work on more later (after the next solo Low Voltage, and hopefully after TomPaco and Squishyben ... if they're still up for it :P)
Anyways, being proud aside, I'm actually listening to this as well, as I've never heard it through and through in one sitting before ๐ซข I've heard each song individually obviously and I checked the flow between them but not in one full sitting. _________________
Wow, this might be my favorite release from them. I still need to listen to their latest (which will be after this final track), but wow. I'm floored. Even without Craig Owens, they managed to put out a QUALITY release.
Ha. I bought this on release day. Don't like them much anymore but I remember the track Those Who Slay Together, Stay Together rocked. _________________ "Drink beer, smoke pot, and create something that will storm heaven. That's all I ever really cared about." - Ron House
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum