What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 612761286129 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Jack Johnson by Miles Davis

Second half is a little bit harder to dig.
  • Quote
I just listen to whatever my overlord Precedent listens to.
_________________
  • Quote

World Of Echo by Arthur Russell
_________________
  • Quote

1รจre Sรฉrie : Georges Brassens Chante ...s Brassens

This could literally be my new number 1. I'm beginning to think the impact this is having on me is akin to Forever Changes', Ready To Die's or I Am A Bird Now's. Extremely few music is life-changing, and this is among it. Wow.
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:

1รจre Sรฉrie : Georges Brassens Chante ...s Brassens

This could literally be my new number 1. I'm beginning to think the impact this is having on me is akin to Forever Changes', Ready To Die's or I Am A Bird Now's. Extremely few music is life-changing, and this is among it. Wow.


Draky, I never heard or seen this album before ๐Ÿ˜ฒ What is making it so special?
  • Quote

Safe + Sound by DJ Quik
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Kiki wrote:
Draky, I never heard or seen this album before ๐Ÿ˜ฒ What is making it so special?

This album is the debut by one of the most legendary French pop musicians. Like, there's literally a park with his name in Paris, where I used to go when I was young. Tbh I have no idea why it's so incredible. The music is very simple, with usually just an acoustic guitar and him singing. The lyrics do a lot of the job I think, he's a wonderful storyteller. Most of them are either about sex or slightly off-putting subjects (policemen getting hit by old women's boobs and getting their heads crushed in their asses, or a gorilla raping a magistrate), but for some reason it totally works. Probably because of his voice; he sounds like that friend of your dad who comes once in a while and tells crazy stories. But there are also very touching songs on it, like the one about him finding a girl in the street while it's raining, and letting her use his umbrella. I just can't help but smile during the whole record. Actually it's very French. Like I don't think I've heard an album being so French before. Maybe that appeals to me in one way or another, and I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone not in touch with the language, but each time I listen to these 19 minutes of music I get things from music I never got before.

Sorry if it's too long haha, I have no idea if that makes sense. At the same time I just finished another first listen from a French pop legend :


Jacques Dutronc by Jacques Dutronc

Which was really good. Obviously Cactus is the standout, but on the whole it managed to keep enough personality not to be a bland 60s' pop-rock record. Not like that fucking Polnareff for example.
  • Quote

Trans Canada Highway by Boards Of Canada
  • Quote

Vol. 2 by Georges Brassens


Vol. 3 by Georges Brassens

I just can't stop ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Quote

Backwash by Talulah Gosh

I asked you a hundred times "would you be my best friend foreeeeverrr?"
_________________

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 612761286129 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 6128 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.