Last concert you went to

Goto page Previous  123 ... 252627 ... 505152  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Thurston Moore and Sebadoh later.
_________________
  • Quote
Last show I went to was a festival in the mizzou college town of Columbia. Saw mostly Americana country stuff like Jason Isbell, Mofro, John Prine, Trampled By Turtles, Roseanne Cash, Los Lobos, Hooten Hallers, Avett Brothers, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Betty Lavette, and others. John Prine was great, and despite not liking them generally The Avetts and American Mumford And Sons Trampled by Turtles were pretty good live.

But the real highlights were JJ Grey and Mofro, and of course Jason Isbell. I'm not even a huge fan of the music of JJ Grey, but as a performer and as a man and as an inspiration he's astounding. One of his monologues moved me to tears. Maybe I was just the right amount of alcoholized or maybe it was just perfect but I literally was emotionally moved by that show.

And Jason Isbell is just about the greatest thing. I just adore everything about his songs and music. And his show was just beautiful. He covered a lot from his 2013 masterpiece "Southeastern". And he covered earlier solo stuff and some choice selections from his Drive-By Truckers years.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
Last concert was Pixies with two incredible openers: Cat Power and Gogol Bordello. Definitely a once in a lifetime show at the Hollywood Bowl ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
I'm sure it was my own gig but that doesn't count so it's... The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, I believe.
_________________
  • Quote
Saw Iceage and Helm last night. Dope show.

I also got tickets for Deerhoof and The Dismemberment Plan, which are both coming up soon.
  • Quote
Still recuperating from the Swans concert yesterday night...
  • Quote
I recently went to a Foxygen concert, I was surprised by how energetic and flamboyant the show was considering much of their music laid back and flowery. The singer likes to throw himself on the floor a lot.
_________________


My Charts at http://www.besteveralbums.com/usercharts.php?u=27982

My Radio Show at http://www.facebook.com/tender.wmbr
  • Quote
So I just got back from seeing Gojira and Mastodon and holy fuck. Mastodon are intense as anything. I love metal and metal shows especially.
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
So I just got back from seeing Gojira and Mastodon and holy fuck. Mastodon are intense as anything. I love metal and metal shows especially.


๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
Todd Snider

Saw Todd Snider at an intimate little bar in Tomball, Tx last night. Seriously, if you like folk music and great entertainment you have to see him if you get the chance. It's hard to explain the dynamic of the show, he sat solo on a stool and played for about 2.5 hours, feeding off the crowd and his own rambling mind. Did a few covers of Texas legends (Jerry Jeff Walker, Billy Joe Shaver) and he finished his encore with a completely unironic acoustic version of Free Bird. He said "see and yall didnt even have to ask me to play it." hes just a genuine, funny, guy and great performer. highly recommend.
_________________
Kiki wrote:
You're chart is sooooooooo american. It's like a diner in here.


Check out my new review/pop-culture site MAD DISTRACTION

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 252627 ... 505152  Next
Page 26 of 52


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
first concert you went to? paladisiac Music
overall chart history - last week, la... jackbrown8786 Suggestions
When Rock Stars went Disco.. bobbyb5 Music
The ones that went out on top and too... Mercury Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.