Chart talk

Goto page Previous  123 ... 277278279 ... 424425426  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
shaydndepriest wrote:
Jewels of Post-Modern Experimentalism in the second half of 1998.

I expect 50 albums at least. Good luck.

Hayden wrote:
I'd actually be very interested if someone made this.

dividesbyzero wrote:
I'm on it

this is proving to be harder than I expected
Jewels of Post-Modern Experimentalism in the second half of 1998 by dividesbyzero
well I'm 20% there in any case
  • Quote
I made a '90s chart. It's the same as my other decade charts, except totally different. As always, it's one album per artist, equal number of albums per year. Feel free to go and laugh at my shitty taste.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Things have moved a little bit since I last posted this here. It is my 2010s chart. http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=13019

Please rate, comment and tell me about albums ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
Before Christmas arrives, I've decided that I'm actually going to complete a chart that goes all the way up to 100. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

So, what should my first officially sanctioned & labored over chart be:

PUNK or METAL

Whatever you guys choose, I will work on it a little bit everyday until Christmas slowly crafting it into the greatest chart of that particular genre the world has ever seen. ๐Ÿ˜‰ only half joking
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
Before Christmas arrives, I've decided that I'm actually going to complete a chart that goes all the way up to 100. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

So, what should my first officially sanctioned & labored over chart be:

PUNK or METAL

Whatever you guys choose, I will work on it a little bit everyday until Christmas slowly crafting it into the greatest chart of that particular genre the world has ever seen. ๐Ÿ˜‰ only half joking


Well I was planning on doing a punk chart soon... So I kinda wanna compare sizes. But, metal is also cool. I think they both are very broad. I had some ideas on how I may break my chart down.

So my vote is Punk.
_________________
-Ryan

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
Before Christmas arrives, I've decided that I'm actually going to complete a chart that goes all the way up to 100. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

So, what should my first officially sanctioned & labored over chart be:

PUNK or METAL

Whatever you guys choose, I will work on it a little bit everyday until Christmas slowly crafting it into the greatest chart of that particular genre the world has ever seen. ๐Ÿ˜‰ only half joking


METAL

Though, specifically, I'd be really interested in a hair metal chart from you (if you ever felt the inspiration)
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
Before Christmas arrives, I've decided that I'm actually going to complete a chart that goes all the way up to 100. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

So, what should my first officially sanctioned & labored over chart be:

PUNK or METAL

Whatever you guys choose, I will work on it a little bit everyday until Christmas slowly crafting it into the greatest chart of that particular genre the world has ever seen. ๐Ÿ˜‰ only half joking


Either sounds great - I know more about punk and would be interested to see your take, but by the same logic a metal chart would be a greater source of potential recommendations. Looking forward to whichever you decide to have a go at.

Anyway, I'm continuing to fill my decade charts, and I've just finished my '80s one. Have a look if you're that way inclined.

EDIT: Also, started to include my favourite YouTube comments from videos of the album or one of the album's songs, inspired by seeing somebody describe The Blue Nile as "my Henrik Larsson", which is just about the best thing I've ever seen written about any artist. Gonna complete it soon, but filled in the Top 20 for now.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Just completed my 2010s decade chart, keeping it to one album per artist (hence there's FlyLo but no Captain Murphy, and Darkside but no Nicolas Jaar, but props if you can spot the two albums entirely produced by Madlib), and making sure that each of the last five years features 20 albums (joyofdivision stylee). Took hours to figure out, and not completely happy with it (2013 could've been responsible for nearly half of the albums here), but it's up. Checkit.


Skinny wrote:
I made a 2000s chart. It's got lots of albums from the 2000s on it.


Skinny wrote:
I made a '90s chart. It's the same as my other decade charts, except totally different. As always, it's one album per artist, equal number of albums per year. Feel free to go and laugh at my shitty taste.


Skinny wrote:
Anyway, I'm continuing to fill my decade charts, and I've just finished my '80s one. Have a look if you're that way inclined.

EDIT: Also, started to include my favourite YouTube comments from videos of the album or one of the album's songs, inspired by seeing somebody describe The Blue Nile as "my Henrik Larsson", which is just about the best thing I've ever seen written about any artist. Gonna complete it soon, but filled in the Top 20 for now.


So, carrying on with this endeavour, I have more decade-y goodness, this time in the shape of - you guessed it! - a 1970s chart. Feel free to have a gander.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Okay, here are the links to my decade charts to:

2010's Decade Chart
2000's Decade Chart
1990's Decade Chart
1980's Decade Chart
1970's Decade Chart


I think I am going to add words to all those. More likely I'll use old chart notes.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 277278279 ... 424425426  Next
Page 278 of 426


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Talk Talk, Music Machine 1966 ffudnebbuh Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - R2: Talk Talk def. Chrome videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - EF: Wire def. Talk Talk videoheadcleaner Tournaments
Talk Talk skelter54 Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF2: Talk Talk def. Ha... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.