What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 785078517852 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Empire by Unwound

Stunning comp. I'd only heard Leaves Turn before this, but it looks like I should check out their early releases too.
  • Quote

L'ล’uvre ร‰lectronique by Luc Ferrari

in the downtime from school and work on this long weekend, i've been mowing through some big compilations. got through six discs of this in the last day and a half or so and planning to finish it today. absolutely incredible stuff.
  • Quote

In Utero by Nirvana
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
permafrost wrote:

L'ล’uvre ร‰lectronique by Luc Ferrari

in the downtime from school and work on this long weekend, i've been mowing through some big compilations. got through six discs of this in the last day and a half or so and planning to finish it today. absolutely incredible stuff.


Yeah, pretty sure that's gonna make my overall in the next update. I love how he takes ordinary sounds and twists them just enough to allow my imagination to create a new context for them. I can either get lost in it or leave it on as background, it's beautiful either way.
  • Quote
sp4cetiger wrote:

Empire by Unwound

Stunning comp. I'd only heard Leaves Turn before this, but it looks like I should check out their early releases too.

You're god damn right you should. Repetition and Fake Train are fantastic.

As for me, I spent my weekend listening to Ought's Sun Coming Down, and I think I will do so again before moving on to other stuff. Top notch post punk, great guitar work throughout, and Beeler's vocal performance is some brilliant combo of Byrne, Verlaine and The Fall's Smith.
  • Quote
19loveless91 wrote:

You're god damn right you should. Repetition and Fake Train are fantastic.

As for me, I spent my weekend listening to Ought's Sun Coming Down, and I think I will do so again before moving on to other stuff. Top notch post punk, great guitar work throughout, and Beeler's vocal performance is some brilliant combo of Byrne, Verlaine and The Fall's Smith.


Yes to everything you're saying. More people should listen to early Unwound (gotta shout out New Plastic Ideas as well, which is just about as good as Fake Train and Repetition to me) and the new Ought is just fantastic. I think Leaves will always be my favorite Unwound album just for how ambitious it is, but they never made an album worse than great.
  • Quote

Have You In My Wilderness by Julia Holter

oBviOUsly
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote

Live/1975-85 by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Disc 1
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote

Break Stuff by Vijay Iyer Trio
  • Quote

Rodeo by Travi$ Scott

can't get over how good this is, will probably enter my overall x top 5 of the year soon

maria i'm drunk is probably one of the best tracks of the decade

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 785078517852 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 7851 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.