This Diary Isn’t For You

Goto page Previous  123 ... 567 ... 131415  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Speaking of chart updates, finally made this in a full 100. A summary for those with clickphobia:

- dividesbyzero is just as BEAutiful as he always was, especially now he's embraced Indian disco (what took you so long, chap?)
- Norm continues to be BEAutiful
- Antonio is BEAutiful by his own behest after claiming a previously unassigned record. The cheeky lad.
- Skinnyman is a teeny weeny bit more BEAutiful than he previously was (must be the weather), as is Gowi
- SuedeSwede is the most BEAutiful thing of the last 6 months
- CryingGameDahlin is now officially BEAutiful (though I realise I've spelt his name wrong)
- Joy O'Division is BEAutiful in a BE-tiful kinda way
- alelsupreme isn't BEAutiful at all. Yet. Though he has infinitely more chance of being BEAutiful than Seff Mad Son and the whole population of Belgium
- MSS/Lady G is more BEAutiful than all of the above put together, especially after sending me a copy of Cross Paths in the post. We're running an indie disco in the next life when we're all cats.

Toodles!
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Jim I've probably genuinely less chance of getting on that chart than kida lets be real.
_________________
Romanelli wrote:
We're all fucked, lads.
  • Quote
alelsupreme wrote:
Jim I've probably genuinely less chance of getting on that chart than kida lets be real.


Come on now, lad - chin up. I've just had a flick through your chart and this Kitty character sounds quite interesting. I might have a listen to her as I scoff down my Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes tomorrow morning.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Her last twp ep's were some absolutely brilliant vocal trance/cloud rap, well up your alley I reckon.
_________________
Romanelli wrote:
We're all fucked, lads.
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
- Antonio is BEAutiful by his own behest after claiming a previously unassigned record. The cheeky lad.

:-:
:-;
;-;

I finally ended the ritual to become a BEAutiful person-user, I can die Happy now.
Will blow up some soda for the occasion! cheers
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Jimmy's been a-record shoppin' again. Passed through Bristol on the way to Weston Super-Mere for work and picked up from the ever-fantastic Plastic Wax:


Best Dressed Chicken In Town by Dr. Alimantado

76/100 - mid 90s repress, looks like it's never been taken out the bag


The Garden Of Jane Delawney by Trees

Bit of a find, this. In the reduced bin due to an audible pop mark over one track, otherwise immaculate


A Man & His Hits by Ken Boothe

Studio One compliation of the amazing Mr. Boothe. US repress

...and then waiting for me when I came home:


Germ Free Adolescents by X-Ray Spex

77/100 - First press, picked up for a decent price on eBay. Apart from someone's name in biro on the front it's immaculate.


Songs For The Gentle Man by Bridget St. John

I have become totally besotted with this album of late, and curse the day I saw a first UK pressing in a charity shop near Southampton (going for £40 admittedly) and didn't pick it up. Saw this copy (an Australian pressing which I've had to add to Discogs as it wasn't on there) on eBay, sold by some bloke in Australia for less than the godawful 4 Men With Beards repress. Spinning behind me now and it sounds absolutely beautiful
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote
Jimmy Dread wrote:
Ji

The Garden Of Jane Delawney by Trees

Bit of a find, this. In the reduced bin due to an audible pop mark over one track, otherwise immaculate


You finds always make me so jealous 🙁

Also, it's awesome to see me on your new chart 😄 Glad that record finally came around to you. Still one of my favourite things in my record collection.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
You finds always make me so jealous 🙁

Also, it's awesome to see me on your new chart 😄 Glad that record finally came around to you. Still one of my favourite things in my record collection.


Cheers man. I couldn't believe it either. Not the original (that goes for £400 mint), but an 80s repress which still goes for a decent price.

As for that Exuma LP, after finally letting it sink into my funky bones I managed to find an original US press of it in the end (along with Exuma 2) - you always spring to mind whenever I give it a spin. If you're ever over in the UK let me know and I'll happily take you round my haunts - Bristol is an ace place for picking up great records.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG
  • Quote

Me Kra Tsie by Ebo Taylor & Saltpond Barkers Choir

Dropping this here for you, because there are few things in the world so special
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:

Me Kra Tsie by Ebo Taylor & Saltpond Barkers Choir

Dropping this here for you, because there are few things in the world so special


Cheers Jonny man. Gave it a quick listen, might need a couple to pick up the vibe. I hasten to add the Saltpond Barkers are no relation.

However, speaking of gospel I am totally and utterly in love with...


There Is A God Somewhere by Andrew Wartts & The Gospel Storytellers

I first heard of Andrew Wartts and The Gospel Storytellers off the back of the excellent Good God! Born Again Funk compy that Numero put out last year. The track culled from this LP for that collection - Peter and John - is funk from the heavens, with the amazing opening rhyming couplet "I'd like to take your mind back / to the 3rd chapter in the Book of Acts" and the deepest groove this side of the Ark of the Covenant. Elsewhere what could turn out to be a collection of scripture readings to funk/gospel tunes ends up being a bevvy of rare spiritual groove, where proclamations of faith ("One Day In Paradise") sit in the pews alongside tracks that wouldn't sound out of place if Charlie Brown and the Peanuts crew became born-again Christians ("What Is The Name" - is it John? no it's not John... is it Elijah? No it's not Elijah... I wanna read it in the Bible... It's in the book, the Book of Acts, 4th Chapter, 12th verse. Deep, brothers and sisters). Elsewhere there's blessings of gospel, soul and blues by the bucketload, but the stand-outs are the two bookenders - the title track ("you should read! The New Testament!") and the aforementioned Peter and John. All ye sinners put down yrrr devil's music (crunk and the like) and rise up. Innit.

And in other news...


Here I Come by Barrington Levy

Picked up today. Original pressing that used to be owned by British Forces Radio in Cyprus. Obviously not fans of dancehall as it had never been touched - immaculate.
_________________
'Reggae' & t'ing
Folk 'n Stuff
SHAMELESS RECORD DEALER PLUG

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 567 ... 131415  Next
Page 6 of 15


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Isn't it diffucult to add a new album? Behrus58 Suggestions
Artists whose best album isn't among ... Daydreamer Music
If it isn't on Discogs yet, is it bet... MadhattanJack Suggestions
Editting my chart function isn't working JohnnyRocketFingers Suggestions

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.