2018 Albums

Goto page Previous  123, 456 ... 363738  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Sounds intimate, like her debut, Real Life.



Damned Devotion by Joan As Police Woman
  • Quote
All 14 sides she cut in a single day for Bethlehem, at age 24, 11 of which were originally used for her debut album, Little Girl Blue. Remastered.

[edit- seems some versions of Little Girl Blue have all 14 tracks, anyway!]



Mood Indigo: The Complete Bethlehem Singles by Nina Simone
  • Quote
Telecaster jazz


Modern Lore by Julian Lage
  • Quote
Just added this one. Wasn't sure how to name the artist, as the name already exists for a different artist. If someone knows better, please edit.


See You Around by I'm With Her (Jarosz, O'Donovan, Watkins)

Older, different artist:


Songs We Said Goodbye To by I'm With Her
  • Quote
What a great musical year 2018 promises to be:
The new Superchunk and the new (old) Car Seat Headrest are just great. The two longer tracks on Twin Fantasy are masterpieces.
The new Ought is also ok (nothing more) and I'm gradually coming to terms with the compilation of the three EP's of Belle an Sebastian of which I didn't really like the dance tracks (I saw them live last summer in which they also played a number of those).

And I'm looking forward to the complete albums (all of them have already pre-released some very promising tracks) of Eels, Titus Andronicus, Breeders, Lucy Dacus and now even also Guided By Voices.
  • Quote
I thought 2017 and 2016 were amazing. I am so excited for this year! Already I really like Black Panther! Also, since popular music has been attracting me for the first time I have been discovering earlier popular music from the 70s 80s and earlier in this decade. Amazon + Streaming = Great!
  • Quote

Twin Fantasy (Face To Face) by Car Seat Headrest

Mad props to Toledo & co. for having the balls to re-record an album with mindset of 'we can do this better'. Does it lose some charm of the independently laptop-crafted original? Sure (but that album still exists, and this is fantastic).

Anyone else have any opinions on the entire 'redoing an album' concept? Curious to see what the consensus is.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
First Aid Kit's new one is great:


Ruins by First Aid Kit
  • Quote
This is one of the best Grant Lee Phillips album, Grant Lee Buffalo albums included. All tracks are very inspired which has nothing to do with the fact that it's an angry anti-trump album: it's just a great album.


Widdershins by Grant Lee Phillips
  • Quote
There's so many albums announced from artists especially of the nineties: after The Breeders, Eels, Buffalo Tom, Guided By Voices, Superchunk, The above mentioned Grant Lee Phillips
Now also Yo La Tengo with a new album:

There's A Riot Going On by Yo La Tengo

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, 456 ... 363738  Next
Page 5 of 38


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
How Can These Albums Be On Only One 2... rkm Music
Best Hard Rock/Metal Albums of 2018 Repo Music
Top 2018 Hip Hop albums saltysurprise Music
Top 10 2018 albums in bar fights LebowskiRams Music
2018 Films and Oscars CA Dreamin Movies & TV

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.