Best 3 Year Album Run of Any Artist

Goto page Previous  123, ... 121314  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
The cream of the crop in alphabetical order by group:

Blackfoot: Strikes/Tomcattin'/Marauder
Dan Fogelberg: Nether Lands/Twin Sons of Different Mothers/Phoenix
Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast/Piece of Mind/Powerslave
Jethro Tull: Benefit/Aqualung/Thick as a Brick
Kansas: Song For America/Masque/Levtoverture/Point of No Return
Kinks: Village Green Preservation Society/Arthur/Lola
Moody Blues: Days of Future Passed/In Search of the Lost Chord/On the Threshold of a Dream/To Our Children's Children's Children
Moody Blues: A Question of Balance/Every Good Boy Deserves Favour/Seventh Sojourn
Rush: 2112/A Farewell to Kings/Hemispheres
Rush: Permanent Waves/Moving Pictures/Signals
Yes: The Yes Album/Fragile/Close to the Edge
Zappa: Waka Jawaka/The Grand Wazoo/Over-Nite Sensation/Apostrophe'


Last edited by Fischman on 08/13/2018 21:33; edited 3 times in total
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
1974-1977


I'm sure some others come close though.


22 great albums in 3 years? You're gonna have a hell of a time selling me on that. Quality beats quantity every time.
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
Hayden wrote:
1974-1977


I'm sure some others come close though.


22 great albums in 3 years? You're gonna have a hell of a time selling me on that. Quality beats quantity every time.


Made a few mistakes... realized I had 4 years up there cause I'm dumb, and Na Poi shouldn't have been in the mix.

So, 20.

To be fair, I'd say about 13 are 'great'. All worth a listen though. And sure, cut... half? It's still an incredibly strong output in a three year time span. I think Confusion/Expensive Shit/Zombie/Ikoyi Blindness/Yellow Fever/Fear Not For Man/Sorrow, Tears & Blood/J.J.D. would hold Fela's ground if you wanted to trim it.
_________________
Doubles & Conch


Last edited by Hayden on 08/11/2018 15:31; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote
Amazing. In my lifetime, I don't think I've listened to 22 albums by any single artist yet...
_________________
I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
  • Quote
Having heard 11 of the albums that Hayden posted, I have to strongly agree that it is the best three-year run ever
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM
  • Quote
Romanelli wrote:
Amazing. In my lifetime, I don't think I've listened to 22 albums by any single artist yet...


To be fair, the bowl's pretty small to choose from. I've heard 25+ from Fela, maybe 30+ from Miles Davis (including his Quartet, live releases, etc... he had well over 100 releases). There's probably some Bob Dylan or Rolling Stones fanatics that have those sort of numbers. Maybe Thelonious Monk... Sun Ra... Frank Zappa... Coltrane? I'd agree that not many prolific artists have released that sort of output worth listening to. Fela Kuti's definitely one of them though.
_________________
Doubles & Conch


Last edited by Hayden on 08/11/2018 02:42; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Can, Easily

Tago Mago by Can

Ege Bamyasi by Can

Future Days by Can
_________________
Top 100 Hits you must hear before the universe implodes of beauty
  • Quote
Yeah, I would have to agree with Fela Kuti as well.

Here are some others I thought of.

REM: Fables of Reconstruction, Life's Rich Pageant, Document '85 to '87

Zappa: We're Only In It For the Money, Cruising with Ruben and the Jets, Uncle Meat, Hot Rats, Weasels Ripped My Flesh, Burnt Weeny Sandwich, Chunga's Revenge '68 to '70
  • Quote

Astral Weeks by Van Morrison

Moondance by Van Morrison

His Band And The Street Choir by Van Morrison

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123, ... 121314  Next
Page 2 of 14


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Year Change Notices baystateoftheart Music
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
[ Poll ] Early 2010s Tourney Play-In: Run-Run-... cestuneblague Tournaments
Rank the studio albums of any artist rayword45 Music
Your top 10 songs by any band/artist Cryptozoologist Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.