You must listen to the album below you.

Goto page Previous  123 ... 139140141 ... 197198199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
@jdenny2018

I have been sleeping on Yes. This album was excellent from front to back. Very warm and joyous rock music. Hell with this album, you can tell that they were going to be big and they ended up being that. At some point I will have to go through there discography. But other than that, really well done stuff.

Now can I give Caracal? Or do I need to give him something else?
  • Quote
I'll listen to caracal
_________________
Don't get work up over my posts. I'm an idiot.
Rantings on my Top 100
My podcast
  • Quote
jdenny2018 wrote:
I'll listen to caracal


Hell I got you excited for the album when I mentioned the Kaytranada album.
  • Quote

Funkoverload by Maceo Parker

nice fun funk album id give it a 3.5 stars out of 5

my next recommendation is:
Sallies Fforth by Rainbow Ffolly
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Skinny, this is for you. Early 90's hardcore.


Prone To Bad Dreams by Point Blank ('90s)


It's been a long while since I last listened to this, and it's pretty much as I remember. One of the stronger SPC releases, and very much of its era - minimalist, funky beats and rapping so depraved that it probably leans towards horrorcore. Point Blank isn't a hugely impressive figure on the mic, and for what it's worth (in terms of similar records) I'd rather listen to The Diary or Too Hard to Swallow or It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa, but he's got a strong vocal presence, an occasional way with words that is thoroughly entertaining ("and the next time you disrespect me, I'mma give you a South Park discectomy"), and is capable of successfully seeing through some pretty interesting concepts, as on album highlight 'After I Die' (I even like the way his voice is low in the mix on that one, though it feels accidental, and the mournful, almost dubby horn sample really sets it off). I'm sure I've heard a number of these songs on Screw tapes as well, and I must admit that I probably prefer their chopped'n'screwed versions (including the aforementioned 'After I Die', which you can check here). Overall, this is a strong Houston release that probably suffers from some slightly personality-starved production, and when someone like Bun B shows up, as he does to steal 'Cut U n 1/2', I'm overwhelmingly reminded of Point Blank's limitations as a rapper, but this is probably better than any Ganksta Nip album, and it has a few songs on it that will stay in near-constant rotation. What I can certainly say is that this sort of shit is most certainly not BAWP-friendly, which is a major win in my book. Thanks for reminding me it exists.

Not entirely sure how this works, but I'll shoot some more early/mid-'90s Southern rap back your way, Tha1ChiefRocka.


Big Mello - Wegonefunkwichamind (1994)

Sorry it's not on the database. I'll add it at some point.

(EDIT: Also, just realised the version on Spotify is all over the fucking shop. If you're struggling to find the original - you can check the tracklist as it should be on Wikipedia or RYM - then just PM me.)
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote


So I gave this a listen and I do think this was a good project. An album that showed this act had potential to grow and could have become an odd ball player in psych pop. But my issues come to two things. One, some of these songs aren't that entertaining. They kinda go in one ear and out the other. And two, the mixing on some of these songs are pretty lousy. Maybe that was intentional with the band but ehhhh. So my rating would be a 75 though it could go down to a 70.

Now for you, I'll provide you this.
  • Quote
Spot on review of the record Skinny. I kind of guessed you had already listened to it due to UGK being so high on your chart.

As for who should get what.

Skinny, your rec would go to glynspsa, because you posted below glynspsa

Luigii your rec goes to Skinny, beccause you posted below Skinny.
  • Quote
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Spot on review of the record Skinny. I kind of guessed you had already listened to it due to UGK being so high on your chart.

As for who should get what.

Skinny, your rec would go to glynspsa, because you posted below glynspsa

Luigii your rec goes to Skinny, beccause you posted below Skinny.


Skinny wrote:
Not entirely sure how this works, but I'll shoot some more early/mid-'90s Southern rap back your way, Tha1ChiefRocka.


Big Mello - Wegonefunkwichamind (1994)

Sorry it's not on the database. I'll add it at some point.

(EDIT: Also, just realised the version on Spotify is all over the fucking shop. If you're struggling to find the original - you can check the tracklist as it should be on Wikipedia or RYM - then just PM me.)


Apologies, I guess this goes to glynspsa. A true gangsta funk odyssey. The point about the original version not being on Spotify still stands. If you want a copy of the original, slide in my PMs.

Luigii wrote:
Now for you, I'll provide you this.


Happy to take this album, but I'm already very familiar with it.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote

Synkronized by Jamiroquai

I was already very familiar with this album. My favorite Jamiroquai record after Emergency on Planet Earth. Highlights would be the Napoleon Dynamite classic, Canned Heat, Black Capricorn Day, Where Do We Go From Here?, and Deeper Underground.

Luigii here's another one for you.


Hello, Avalanche by The Octopus Project
  • Quote
Just finishing up:
Wegonefunkwichamind by Big Mello

This was a hot vintage rap album had a nice g-funk kind of vibe to it. Some nice bars not my favorite mc but still a very talented artist, enjoyed it and added to my yearly chart. i would say 4 out of 5 stars. Has a very good vibe from raps golden era and this fits in with that eras albums.

I guess I'll throw this one out as a recommendation:
Eazy-E's Protege by B.G. Knocc Out

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 139140141 ... 197198199  Next
Page 140 of 199


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
You must listen to the album below yo... baystateoftheart Music
You must watch the movie below you. Guest Movies & TV
You must listen to the album above you mickilennial Music
The Definative "Indie" Anth... Wombi Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.